Which Is More Unsportsmanlike?

Okay, I guess I just need to relearn how to play. So what is the protocol on this. Should I apologize next week if I see him or just let it be? Now I feel like a complete *******. Yoda: YSASPCSBYou Suck At Slow Pitch Competitive Soft Ball?If so then the answer is YES!
yes sir!

you guys are being awfully hard on him. so he didn't understand a particular rule of softball and the other guy took advantage of it. I don't know shit about softball (or baseball either) and to me that would seem like a dick move too.I would have punched the faggot in the face and impregnated his girlfriend.

you guys are being awfully hard on him. so he didn't understand a particular rule of softball and the other guy took advantage of it. I don't know shit about softball (or baseball either) and to me that would seem like a dick move too.I would have punched the faggot in the face and impregnated his girlfriend.
It's not a rule question..but geez, shake...I mean SalIt's like in football playing to the whistle. If some doof is standing in the OF with the ball, i'm going to keep running. Then getting a hard time from the same guy for simply scoring a run??He asked who screwed up and we told him that he did.

aw come on, this isn't the bottom of the ninth in the world series, its a damn league softball game. I thought the whole point of those things was to have fun and not take them seriously at all. now if it were me, and thats a big "if" because, well, I don't play sports, I would have asked somebody about what should have been done right after and gone from there. obviously somebody would have said I was stupid and should have thrown the ball, but hell, I'd probably still be pissed at the dude. stupid softball playing douchebags think they're better tha... I think I should stop now.

aw come on, this isn't the bottom of the ninth in the world series, its a damn league softball game. I thought the whole point of those things was to have fun and not take them seriously at all. now if it were me, and thats a big "if" because, well, I don't play sports, I would have asked somebody about what should have been done right after and gone from there. obviously somebody would have said I was stupid and should have thrown the ball, but hell, I'd probably still be pissed at the dude. stupid softball playing douchebags think they're better tha... I think I should stop now.
You obv have not seen competitive softball. These guys are all douchebags. Have you ever heard Jim Romes take on softball guy. Its the same anywhere you go.I got picked up on team very similar to what dapokerbum team is like. A bunch on middle aged guys who suck. I was pretty good in basball but I have not played competitively in over 10 years, so I just wanted to have fun, but we were playing A league guys and we should have been E league (if they even have that).These A leauge guys think its AAA and they are going to get called up, they would run their mom over at the plate for the run (if that were allowed).The worst was the fights and arguements and the pump fake rule. The pitcher could actually pump fake the ball as many times as he wanted and then finally throw a pitch. I looked at the ump laughing and asked "Isn't that a balk"? He looked back at me and said "not in competetive softball son" So I kept laughing and the catcher said "you won't be laughing when you strike out" The next pitch I hit it to the warning track. ANd quit as soon as the game was over.It was really gay and not fun at all, and I am a comptetive person by nature, so getting blown out by 20+ runs a game and having guys get in your face about it was not fun at all.I feel for the OP a bit, but at the same time anyone would have done what that guy did. That was not a dick move at all, that is normal baseball or softball ettiqutte anywhere you play.
I've never seen time called before the ball got back to the pitcher.
really? Weird. Guess you haven't played that much.I played in a lot of softball leagues and obviously the OP was wrong. Usually, once the ball is secured and the runners have stopped, time is called. I'm more surprised that they have the opposing teams shake hands like in Little League. Screw that.and not all guys in competitive softball leagues are douche bags. I played in those leagues and our team had fun, ragging on each other for making outs, etc, but we also competed and played to win. Nothing wrong with competing and having talent. If the team was outclassed, we would just make sure to get a lead then have fun, never degrading or showing up the other team, but just make fun of ourselves some more.
I just know that all the guys I know that play in softball leagues on their on are tools.
Every Philly Eagles fan I know or ever seen is a complete assbag. Even?
You obv have not seen competitive softball. These guys are all douchebags. Have you ever heard Jim Romes take on softball guy. Its the same anywhere you go.I got picked up on team very similar to what dapokerbum team is like. A bunch on middle aged guys who suck. I was pretty good in basball but I have not played competitively in over 10 years, so I just wanted to have fun, but we were playing A league guys and we should have been E league (if they even have that).These A leauge guys think its AAA and they are going to get called up, they would run their mom over at the plate for the run (if that were allowed).The worst was the fights and arguements and the pump fake rule. The pitcher could actually pump fake the ball as many times as he wanted and then finally throw a pitch. I looked at the ump laughing and asked "Isn't that a balk"? He looked back at me and said "not in competetive softball son" So I kept laughing and the catcher said "you won't be laughing when you strike out" The next pitch I hit it to the warning track. ANd quit as soon as the game was over.It was really gay and not fun at all, and I am a comptetive person by nature, so getting blown out by 20+ runs a game and having guys get in your face about it was not fun at all.I feel for the OP a bit, but at the same time anyone would have done what that guy did. That was not a dick move at all, that is normal baseball or softball ettiqutte anywhere you play.
This is what I have taken away from the discussion today.
really? Weird. Guess you haven't played that much.I played in a lot of softball leagues and obviously the OP was wrong. Usually, once the ball is secured and the runners have stopped, time is called. I'm more surprised that they have the opposing teams shake hands like in Little League. Screw that.and not all guys in competitive softball leagues are douche bags. I played in those leagues and our team had fun, ragging on each other for making outs, etc, but we also competed and played to win. Nothing wrong with competing and having talent. If the team was outclassed, we would just make sure to get a lead then have fun, never degrading or showing up the other team, but just make fun of ourselves some more.
Also, yeah this is the type of league that we thought we were getting into. We are supremely outclassed but our team can laugh at ourselves so it is ok. Along with the "Shaking Hands" we also have a 7 run per inning rule which always helps us out. We were going to put "We Love the Mercy Rule" on the back of our shirts but then thought better of it. The good thing is we always know what the other teams score was ... all we have to do is figure out how many innings we played and multiply it by 7 :club:
You obv have not seen competitive softball. These guys are all douchebags.
and not all guys in competitive softball leagues are douche bags.
I agree that not all of them are douchebags, but a lot of them are. I played with a bunch of dickheads one year that would yell at the umps, yell at the other team, and yell at each other if there was a mistake. Least fun I've ever had playing softball. I like competing and playing hard, but at the end of the day it's still slow-pitch softball. The people that take it so seriously make me laugh.
I agree that not all of them are douchebags, but a lot of them are. I played with a bunch of dickheads one year that would yell at the umps, yell at the other team, and yell at each other if there was a mistake. Least fun I've ever had playing softball. I like competing and playing hard, but at the end of the day it's still slow-pitch softball. The people that take it so seriously make me laugh.
oh, totally agree. You are always going to run into the guy that's reliving his glory days or trying to have his glory days because he was an introvert in high school. Whatever. We never yelled or were confrontation with other teams unless they were douchey. In South FLorida, it's a surprisingly small community (softball leagues) where you run into a lot of the same guys and even have played with most of em. Sure, if an ump blows a call, we're gonna be heard, but nothing vulgar or dont carry on for too long. It is all about fun but sometimes, the competitive juices do flow. That being said, I wouldn't play with douches that slide hard into 2nd or have angry attitudes. Then again, with my knees, I'm not playing anymore, at all.
It's more like 80% of people are trying to have fun and 20% are trying to relive glory days or create glory days.Either way its entertaining
This is pretty much the correct answer.
oh, totally agree. You are always going to run into the guy that's reliving his glory days or trying to have his glory days because he was an introvert in high school. Whatever. We never yelled or were confrontation with other teams unless they were douchey. In South FLorida, it's a surprisingly small community (softball leagues) where you run into a lot of the same guys and even have played with most of em. Sure, if an ump blows a call, we're gonna be heard, but nothing vulgar or dont carry on for too long. It is all about fun but sometimes, the competitive juices do flow. That being said, I wouldn't play with douches that slide hard into 2nd or have angry attitudes. Then again, with my knees, I'm not playing anymore, at all.
Yeah, I like playing with a team that knows how to play and plays hard but doesn't take it seriously to the point that it's not fun. There's nothing wrong with cracking jokes and a little friendly trash talk, but the "glory days" players really amuse me.
That was an awesome play by him and you suck. (...and are a terrible sport) Also, just so you know, after you didn't high 5 him and acted like a little baby, he is that much MORE happy with the play. In fact he will remember it for years, now that he knows that he destroyed you intellectually AND he got under your skin.... basically making it awesome and unforgetable. Well done.
Totally unnecessarily assholish post after the guy already admitted he was probably wrong. I guess someone hasn't been walking with Christ lately.
really? Weird. Guess you haven't played that much.
I mean...I've played in six leagues in three states. Plus I've subbed in a few others in a few other states. Yes, that makes me better than you, but moreso it means one of a few things:1. My leagues randomly all had what now seems to be a relatively strange rule.2. I always threw it in to the pitcher just to be safe and have since forgotten that it wasn't necessary.