.10/.25 Live, Top Two, Flush Board

8 HandedHero is dealt A :club: J :ts in the CO, $23.Villain is tricky TAG, playing fairly tight, has $90 or something, covers Hero. Villain is, I'd say, 16/14/4 or something over the night (few hundred hands). Villain sees Hero as a Loose/Passive, calls too much, doesn't bet for value enough, etc.Donk limps UTG.Villain opens UTG+1 for $1.10.Folds to Hero who raises to $3.Folds back to Villain who ponders and calls.Flop: A :D J :D 10 :club:Pot: $6.60Villain checks, Hero bets $5, Villain hesitates for 2 seconds and shoves to put Hero all-in.Weeeeeeeeeetoptwoinstasnapcallaments? Range put on Villain?(Edit) Hero is not me. Hero is a stationy-donk. He is tilting a bit, and has lost a few buy-ins over the last few hands spewing [mostly to villain]. But in this case, what do you put the Villain on to call or fold here given that he is probably almost NEVER bluffing the Hero since Hero is known as a station? Also, for the Villain to call the preflop threebet, he likely has a wide range - he is tricky, he knows that Hero is tilting, and he knows that position really doesn't matter all of that much against the station. (/edit)

I don't think that he has the flush as that'd be a light call OOP. Maybe KQ/AQ/AK/Tens - KQ is tough since you say he's tight but who knows. I discount JJ since you have a jack.AK/AQ are heavily in your range but he's not scared of those two hands and knows you won't fold those hands since you call too much.I think that he might have the Kc/Qc with an Ace or a set of tens. I don't think that he's bluffing. I call as you're probably ahead but dodging his broadway, kicker and flush outs along the way.

I don't 3 bet AJs preflop.I call the shove, this is something like the naked Kc a fair amount.
Villain is a tricky TAG, and thinks Hero is a station. I think you can basically discount just a naked K :club: since Villain is sure to think Hero will call with basically his whole range after that $5 bet on the flop and with only $15ish behind.
I don't think that he has the flush as that'd be a light call OOP. Maybe KQ/AQ/AK/Tens - KQ is tough since you say he's tight but who knows. I discount JJ since you have a jack.AK/AQ are heavily in your range but he's not scared of those two hands and knows you won't fold those hands since you call too much.I think that he might have the Kc/Qc with an Ace or a set of tens. I don't think that he's bluffing. I call as you're probably ahead but dodging his broadway, kicker and flush outs along the way.
Again, Villain is a tricky TAG, knows that Hero is a station and will call off lightly. His range preflop is rather wide for calling a threebet since he knows Hero is a donk. (edit: I added a bit more history to the original post).And I'm not the Hero in this hand.

Hero has A :D J :heart:Board is A :qh J :D T :club:1) If villain has K :icon_clap: 2 :3h you're a 58/42 favorite2) If villain has K :icon_clap: 9 :icon_clap: you're a 83/17 dog3) If villain has K :icon_clap: Q :icon_clap: you're dead4) If villain has K :club: Q :D you're a 77/17/6 dog5) If villain has A :ts K :icon_clap: you're a 51/47/2 dog6) If villain has A :D Q :qh you're a 68/26/6 favorite7) If villain has T :D T :4h you're a 77/17/6 dog8) If villain has 9 :icon_clap: 8 :5c you're a 50/49/1 favoriteWe've given villain a wide range of hands... Villain thinks you call too much... you're most likely beat here...Situation 1... Nut flush draw Since he's a good player this is a good situation, but I doubt he insta shoves hereSituation 2... flopped flush leaves you needing to fill a boat, possible play because he thinks you call too muchSituation 3... Royal... good for him... reload/regroup and move onSituation 4... flopped straight... still need a boat...Situation 5... he hits higher two pair... straight... flush... that's a big draw he has...Situation 6... good situation for you... but a TAG player who thinks you call too much won't shove here right?Situation 7... Set vs Top Two... still need a boatSituation 8... open ended and flush draw... don't see him making this play but maybe...So... 1 situation has you dead...2 have you virtually tied...2 have you ahead...3 have you way behind...I think his only reasonable holdings have you way behind...FOLD IMOGLJames

Fold pf. Villain's a TAG raising from EP - we have to put him on a fairly good hand, none which AJ dominate. Classic situation of RIO. As played, I call. Given villain's read of hero, I'd have to assume a really strong hand would bet the flop. This board's dangerous, and KQ/TT cannot risk giving free cards (JJ's unlikely, since you've got a J as gobears observes; and AA is almost impossible, because villain, while tricky, would 4-bet pf against a calling station). So his check/raise kind of surprises me. He must've figured this board hit Hero's range and that he'd fire away. Without any sort of pot I'd fold, as this is generally a "slightly ahead, way behind" scenario, but there's already ~$11 out there, and I don't want to just give that up. If villain is, as you say, calling somewhat lightly pf, I wouldn't rule JTs out of the equation (maybe like 5% of his probable range). QcQx/KcKx wouldn't shock me either (QQ less than KK).Once we 3-bet preflop we cannot fold this hand on the flop.

Let me guess, you're the 'tricky TAG villain with $90' ? :club:
I don't like to brag....But you, sir, are astute.

I would put villain on a draw here a majority of the time. It seems like Qc Tx or something similar. I like the call with Ah Jh as it tends to be a slight favorite over this type of draw.

I would put villain on a draw here a majority of the time. It seems like Qc Tx or something similar. I like the call with Ah Jh as it tends to be a slight favorite over this type of draw.
I have this strange feeling you're probably someone I know who stalks me. Yeah, I had Qc 10x and rivered a Royal Flush, get off me.
I have this strange feeling you're probably someone I know who stalks me. Yeah, I had Qc 10x and rivered a Royal Flush, get off me.
royal flushes do not exist, especially live

I'm curious why you think that making a flat call to a reraise preflop is "tricky"? with something like Q10off. Even if your donk of an opponent doesnt have a hand, neither do you. It's not out of the question for a tilting player to reraise preflop with a marginal hand such as QJ, KQ, etc.What are you going to do if you miss a flop and keep getting bet into?

royal flushes do not exist, especially live
I've had two Royal Flushes live, and one online. Strangely, I've gotten the guy all-in every single time when I've made it too. So much for not getting action with Royals.Online one the board comes ThJhQhKh and the guy stacked off with the 9h at 5nl, obv.Another one I was playing 5 card draw, got open dealt the T-K of diamonds and drew the Bullet and my opponent had trip Kings.And this one.Yeah, I'm a luck box.
I'm curious why you think that making a flat call to a reraise preflop is "tricky"? with something like Q10off. Even if your donk of an opponent doesnt have a hand, neither do you. It's not out of the question for a tilting player to reraise preflop with a marginal hand such as QJ, KQ, etc.What are you going to do if you miss a flop and keep getting bet into?
I didn't say calling a 3bet with Q10 off was tricky, but I have the reputation of being a tricky player overall. I outplay a lot of the people in my home game because they are either weak/tight or LAG psychos. Almost everyone "checks up" in this game after you muck too, so I've been told by many people that I play with that whenever I make a bet, they almost immediately put me on a move.And if I miss the flop completely, obviously I fold. I'm pretty sure that if you've got a guy on stone tilt, and know he's going to go broke A LOT, that you need to be trying to hit a piece of the flop on him. This villain is the utter definition of lifetilt. He goes crazy if you outflop him when he has even the most marginal of edges preflop, and bitches about how you beat his A7o with KQ after he calls you down on a 7Kxxx board for literally 20 minutes.

With this guy's tilt problem in mind your play here makes a little more sense. I played with someone like this and it gets truly annoying. :club: I'd still probably have to make the call here though.