Wednesday May 14th On The Hardcore Poker Show- Daniel Talks Pokervt

Solid interview. Daniel says PokerVT will launch at or by May 21st. Said the site is extremely interactive and not just a big video library. I'm sold.
Im less than sold. After his DVD and Stacked, DN has to live up to his hype before I believe it again.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im less than sold. After his DVD and Stacked, DN has to live up to his hype before I believe it again.
I'm really surprised by the comments on the DVD from some people.I've looked back at the reviews posted in the forum at that time and they were mostly positive. It did exactly was it was designed to do and the sales to my knowledge were very solid and MTV was happy with it. It wasn't supposed to be an indepth instructional dvd on the most advanced aspects of poker. I've seen a lot of the material that will be there at the launch and I think it's very solid and there are some things that are being done that are unique in the online training market.Will it cover everything that every player could possibly want at the launch, of course not but I think it will join with some of the other quality online training sites and help a lot of people play better poker.I think one thing that PokerVT has above the others is the entertainment factor of some of the new ways of presenting the training and Daniel's commentary and analysis. You can say a lot of things about Daniel but he's never boring.
It wasn't supposed to be an indepth instructional dvd on the most advanced aspects of poker.
At least give the self-named "advanced" portion of the DVD a little more meat than the books/dvds out before it. Not only did that section add no knowledge, it had the most annoying "student" in the history of video. Hope that wasnt you!
At least give the self-named "advanced" portion of the DVD a little more meat than the books/dvds out before it. Not only did that section add no knowledge, it had the most annoying "student" in the history of video. Hope that wasnt you!
LOL, no I had nothing to do with the production of that video.

Other than a few hands quizes Daniel did not really say how it would be different from Cardrunners. $30 a month is even more and is at Leggos price range. Hopefully they have a 7-day trial when they launch so everyone with is a member of one of the older training sites, can see if we need this one too.

Other than a few hands quizes Daniel did not really say how it would be different from Cardrunners. $30 a month is even more and is at Leggos price range. Hopefully they have a 7-day trial when they launch so everyone with is a member of one of the older training sites, can see if we need this one too.
I think this is between 25-33% higher than what the final pricing will be.
Live poker videos w/ commentary and comments by the players in the game before they make a play? (That sounds pretty good to me.)
I think this is between 25-33% higher than what the final pricing will be.
Just on that radio show an hour ago, Daniel said $29/month + a signup fee. Which is in line with CR, LP, DC, etc.
Just on that radio show an hour ago, Daniel said $29/month + a signup fee. Which is in line with CR, LP, DC, etc.
You really don't listen very well.He said the pricing wasn't decided, he was guessing.He also mentioned quite a few things besides hand quizzes. (See my above post for example.)
What Kurt said.andNo matter how good a product is, when you're bringing something to the market that's well behind the inertia curve, the marketing team has to look at value and perceived value. The initial price will have direct influence on how well pVT does.
What Kurt said.andNo matter how good a product is, when you're bringing something to the market that's well behind the inertia curve, the marketing team has to look at value and perceived value. The initial price will have direct influence on how well pVT does.
Perhaps they could offer a discount for FCP members and/or if we have a membership for other training sites. None of us are canceling those, so pvt needs to convince of to join their site as well.
Oh, the side bet is solid.Who sings first if neither of you make the top 15?
I'm not playing, I'm hosting and tournament directing. Rob is on his own. And....shhh.... inside info.... his biggest weakness? He can't get away from a hand even when he KNOWS someone sucked out on him. And someone willl...... :club: As to the PokerVT... I have to say, it sounds pretty good to me. Time, of course, will tell, but I would most certainly say it's worth checking out. And, seriously...we did that interview from everyone here's point of view: we knew NOTHING about it. I tried to contact Pokerroyalty three separate times to get some advance info on it and they were courteous enough to never respond. So it kinda worked for the show: we were as in the dark as everyone, so hopefully our questions reflected everyone's questions. Oh, and the virginity question? Solid. :ts
I've seen one of the lessons, and I'm sold on it. It's a great new concept, taking the video training method well beyond just filming yourself playing online.
Perhaps they could offer a discount for FCP members and/or if we have a membership for other training sites. None of us are canceling those, so pvt needs to convince of to join their site as well.
As Bob has said, there will be an offer for FCPers, at a discounted rate, but as far as I know (and I'm nowhere near an authority on this), they haven't decided what the deal will be.I think they'd get a TON of business if they released one (or a portion of it) of the live poker videos for public viewing on the main VT webpage. I'm not sure if they'll do this, but from what I've seen of it, it would sell the product very fast.

I dont see why anyone would want to listen to this god forsaken garbage, nor want to be interviewed by these high school dropouts. I almost dozed off listening to this boring broadcast. Just my opinion-if you don't like piss off wanker!!!DN im sorry for having to put up with this amateurish poker radio show.Anyways if you want to listen to a show that actually has interesting questions and content checkout ,Pokerroad.comWhere the pros are!!! Thanks,Eugene Todd Bro

I dont see why anyone would want to listen to this god forsaken garbage, nor want to be interviewed by these high school dropouts. I almost dozed off listening to this boring broadcast. Just my opinion-if you don't like piss off wanker!!!DN im sorry for having to put up with this amateurish poker radio show.Anyways if you want to listen to a show that actually has interesting questions and content checkout ,Pokerroad.comWhere the pros are!!! Thanks,Eugene Todd Bro
Plz get off the fence and tell us what you really think.
lol WTF?!?

plus you'll get to see me play (poorly) on pVT with one eye practically falling out of my face...so it's got that going for it. :club:

plus you'll get to see me play (poorly) on pVT with one eye practically falling out of my face...so it's got that going for it. :club:
If you're teaching Craps, then I definitely want to try PokerVT.
Yeah, but what does your shirt say?
unfortunately there is Al Smooth Craps section...:club:
What are we talking about here?HomeToiletImage2.jpg
QFMFT.We talked about this on Saturday didn't we?
I think we mentioned it, not really sure. I was sober, so it's not like I forgot, just so much conversations going on. Maybe Speedkills remembers. :club:
I think we mentioned it, not really sure. I was sober, so it's not like I forgot, just so much conversations going on. Maybe Speedkills remembers. :club:
LOOOOOOOL.