i hope everyone's signed up for camp hellmuth!!!!

I went to Howard Lederer's camp a month or so ago and it was a great thing for my game. I got "classroom" training, individual conversation with and playing time with the following:#1. Howard Lederer#2. Annie Duke#3. Chris Ferguson#4. Andy Bloch#5. Erik Seidel#6. Phil Gordon#7. David Williams#8. Robert Williamson#9. Paul Phillips#10. Amir Vahedi#11. Jen Harmon#12. Clonie Gowan#13. Layne FlackThe session with Annie on tells was worth the price that I paid. I was able to take what I had learned to a NL game at one of the casions and ended up $1,000 on a $100 buy-in for that session. Alot of what I learned I used there. So, different strokes for different folks. Howard is holding another one towards the end of the year. I will be attending that one too. I looked at Helmuth's listing of who would be attending and was not overly impressed with the total package. If you spend 3 or 4 days with open access to the likes of the folks listed in the list above and don't come away with anything to add to your game, well...then you are just stupid or are already on par with them.Michael

Those who are bashing "camps" like this really don't understand educational systems that work.There is more to learning than table experience. This camp experience is more like group mentoring. These pros have a lot to teach and if the method is sound students can get a lot out of it.That being said, I don't know how well organized or run Phil's camp is.

For many people camps won't work. They have to play and get the beats to learn the lessons. They'd be more kinesthetic. Hands on learners.This camps are crap because you can get it all from reading Sklansky? You'd be a visual learner.Like to talk things out, and have it explained to you, that'd make you an auditory learner and an excellent candidate for this sort of learning experience. It could be very effective for you...Here's a link to a quick test if you care, you have to give an email address but there is no confirmation, so put whatever. http://www.ldpride.net/learning_style.htmlIt should also be mentioned that people don't have pure learning styles and often mix approaches. Most commonly for poker that'd be reading the books (visual) and playing (kinesthetic) - adding an auditory component to your learning can really make a huge difference in filling in some holes you may have. Something to think about.

I would like to find out how much Howard's camp costs and get more details about it. The names on that list interest me a lot.BTW- Phil Hellmouth gets a lot of bashing here, but you do have to give the guy a little credit, 9 WSOP bracelts is a lot for goodness sake. I think he is a whinner and plays a whinner's game of poker, but saying he is not a good poker player is not really very accurate. JMHO

Well...at Howard's camp, you got both really.For the price you got the following:#1. "Classroom" training from Howard Lederer, Annie Duke, Phil Gordon, Chris Ferguson and Erik Seidel. After the session was a Q&A period.#2. Buy-in to a $50K tournament. Pros played at the table and you were able to ask questions about the hand after it was over...as well as ask about and talk about whatever you liked.#3. As players went out (including pros) you got to play in a variety of SNGs with them and again ask questions about the hand after it was over.#4. Open access to the pros over the course of about 3 days.#5. Buy-in to a tournament for a seat in the WSOP. Again, pros played at the table and the same for #2 above applies to this one.#6. The chance to be selected to play in a celebrity Pro-Am tournament for $10K.#7. 3 nights at the MGM Grand#8. Two catered dinners#9. Two evening receptions with full access to the majority of the pros.So, with access to 13 or so of the top pros in the world (the vast majority of them) and all of the other perks...I think it was well worth the money it cost and you could certainly learn alot about the game no matter what learning paradigm you happen to fall into.I could probably ask most of the folks on here when the last time they got to have a lengthy discussion of game theory in relation to HU play in NLH with Chris Ferguson or how you should have played a particular hand in a tournament from Howard Lederer and the answer would be never...I sure learned alot from doing that. But, maybe it is just me.Michael

I would like to find out how much Howard's camp costs and get more details about it. The names on that list interest me a lot.  
Have a look at http://www.allincamp.comIt has not been updated to the new date yet as they are still working that out,Michael

Sounds like there is a lot of interest in a training camp.How about a DN camp with you, Josh, EDog, and the rest of your crew? If not, maybe a deal for FCP'rs to a camp you endorse?

• 8 years later...