Ideal Pt Stats For Shlhe

Meh, depends on a lot of things.The tighter you play, the higher it should be.The looser you are, the more calling you'll need to (and should) do.2ish is a good start. 1.7-1.8 is ok if you're like a 34/27 type (which I don't recommend for anyone at small stakes, because playing looser means you pay more rake, and certainly don't recommend it for people who aren't yet experts postflop). 2.3-2.5 would be good for someone who is like 27/19ish.Also, keep in mind that table dynamics have a lot to do with it. Over the long run, this can prolly be ignored as it balances out, but if you're routinely playing in ridiculously aggressive games, being a station (thus having a lower AF) is not a bad idea (you know, let them hang themselves). If you're playing in tight-passive games, you'll certainly want to amp the aggression up to win pots uncontested and value bet more hands, etc.

It depends on quite a few different things. Zach is right in saying that it is dependent on your vpip and pfr stats. At 10/20 (1/2 blind structure) I run at about 29/23/2.3. At 15/30 (2/3 blind structure) I run at 32/24/2.1. The looser you are preflop, the lower it should be in general. I find that most people who win in the games I play range anywhere from 1.5-2.5 or so. At lower stakes, I've actually seen higher AF's be more successful because there is less semibluffing and going to showdown light is generally not necessary.But, to answer the question very basically, around 2 is a good base and you can adjust from there as you tweak your ranges and become more comfortable with your line choices postflop.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded a copy of pokertracker.I'm currently 20/15/2.6 at the baby stakes (.25/.50)How do I interpret this?What would a tight/passive players stats look like? Loose aggressive maniac? Solid?Just some general numbers would help a lot. Thanks.

You're just too tight. Your VPIP/PFR ratio looks fine, and your aggression, although it looks high, would be perfect for 20 VPIP.There are more profitable hands to play though. Look to loosen up in steal situations from the CO or Button, and maaaaaybe 3-bet more liberally in position, on aggressive players.Actually, before we know for sure, what is you ASB stat? (Attempt to Steal Blinds)

32.14I guess this is a bit situational. I have a calling station idiot at my table, so I don't have as much of a chance to steal. But I am stacking his chips up nicely. Up about 11.5 bb/100 so far:)what should my vp be : 25?

27/21ish would be ok, 25/19 would be fine. 23/17 and we're getting a little nitty. You'll notice lots of guys say 30/20 is a good style, but I don't agree at the lower limits, where rake is such a factor. In heavy-rake environments we need to cut some hands out, as the rake will make a marginal winniner (rake-free) into a losing hand.So, 25/18 to 28/21 would be my suggestion, but do it gradually, and work your way there, because you'll run into a lot of tricky postflop situations with marginal hands, that could all kinda compound against you.For your ASB, 32 is actually pretty solid for those limits. For 30/20 at higher stakes, they advocate 40%. Feel free to up that a bit, especially if you have an edge over the blinds postflop (we get to play hands in position!), or if the blinds fold too much preflop, or even just on flops that they miss.Maybe something else we can look at to loosen you up is your BB defense range. What are your fold SB and BB to steal percentages?

60 - bb82- sb Pretty bad eh?This is again, small sample (under 1k) and I have been card dead for quite a long run. Still where should these things be over the long run?
I actually have no idea here. I'd like to hear from someone who has been winning in SH LHE. I haven't played in 6 months, and have no data on this computer.Even then, though, if your sample size is that small, it's probably not worth looking at it too much.

I used to spend way to much time thinking about my PT stats that sometimes I would probably make the wrong play just to keep my stats in line.Stoped that.

Zach and others,I downloaded PT3 a few days ago and I have got two sessions of the MNC imported. I know that isn't a large sample size (217 hands) but isn't it possible to spot weakness at this stage? I've tried to figure out how to post a screen shot of my bottom line stats, but I can't figure out how. What info would you need to know to tell me if I understand that apparently I have an agression problem and I'm probably a big huge fish? lol

217 hands is way too small, but post your AF by street if you think you're too aggressive, as well as VPIP and PFR numbers. Also, WTSD, W$WSF and W$SD could help.

217 hands is way too small, but post your AF by street if you think you're too aggressive, as well as VPIP and PFR numbers. Also, WTSD, W$WSF and W$SD could help.
Pre Flop AF = .35Flop AF = .71Turn AF = .95River AF = 1.08VPIP = 34.56PFR = 10.6WTSD = 38.03W$WSF = 42.25W$SD = 44.44

You're definitely way too passive.Your PFR is WAY too low for your VPIP. Don't open limp, don't cold call very often at all. The only real time I cold call is from the BB, or if someone else (or more) has coldcalled in front of me.Your VPIP is probably too high, assuming you're playing 6-max games. I'd cut it down to 27 or so, but this could easily be a sample size issue.

You're definitely way too passive.Your PFR is WAY too low for your VPIP. Don't open limp, don't cold call very often at all. The only real time I cold call is from the BB, or if someone else (or more) has coldcalled in front of me.Your VPIP is probably too high, assuming you're playing 6-max games. I'd cut it down to 27 or so, but this could easily be a sample size issue.
I KNEW you could help me even if the total hands were low! LOL So I went back to look at specifics and I had ZERO limps with previous callers so that's good, right?Then for cold calling.......I cold called 5 times. Once with AA and lost, once with KJo and lost, once with QQ and lost, once with 76s and won, and once with 65s and won and every single one of them, I was on the button. So if I am understanding my stats (which is really my purpose right now), I should have raised with the AA and QQ and probably raised or folded the KJo, right?And again if I understand my PRR and VPIP correctly, if I voluntarily put money in the pot then I need to get aggressive, right? Just based on this small sample size, I think I can see that I either need to fold or raise preflop.............right?

One other thing....in looking at my VPIP and PRF based on starting position here are the stats:Button VPIP 33.33 PFR 12.821 VPIP 22.22 PFR 2.782 VPIP 22.22 PFR 16.673 VPIP 37.04 PFR 29.63BB VPIP 55.00 PFR 5.00SB VPIP 35.90 PFR 2.56So, this looks like I am only defending my blinds AFTER the flop and not really defending them at all, right?Looking at my BB hands, there were 40 of them. I NEVER raised first (stupid, right?), I bet the flop 50% of the time, bet the river 44.44% of the time, and bet the turn 52.94% of the time.I called the flop bet 71.43% of the time (should have raised or folded, right?)River Donk bet percentage is 100% (sorta speaks for itself....blech)Turn Donk bet percentage is 50% (boooooooo)Flop AF is .5 (stupid stupid stupid)River AF is 2.5Turn AF is 2.0

Think of it this way:When I played FR, my VPIP/PFR was in the 18/13 range, and I had an AF-T around 3. That's tight and extremely aggressive. Since I left online poker and recently returned, I'm playing SHLHE and my VP$IP/PFR is around 38/25.Think of it this way, if you're playing 20% of your hands at a 10-seated table, you're playing 2 hands per orbit. To do the same thing at a 6-seated table, your VP$IP increases to 33%.As far as aggression goes, you have to look at things this way: Aggression is the only way you can successfully win in LHE in the long term. You don't have the "all-in" weapon that NL players have, and you can't manipulate pot size to exclude certain draws the way NL players can.Read this old article I wrote in '06.