just wondered if I made the right decision here? What do you guys think?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t75/t1508 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with :5c:D UTG calls t150 (pot was t225), 2 folds, Hero calls t150 (pot was t375), 2 folds, SB calls t75 (pot was t525), BB checks.Flop: :ts:club::4h (t600, 4 players)SB checks, BB bets t150, UTG calls t150 (pot was t750), Hero calls t150 (pot was t900), SB folds.Turn: :D (t1050, 3 players)BB bets t300, UTG raises to t600, Hero....?

Stacks?Also, raise teh floop imo.
Depends on the answer to your question...Hard to give an answer without stack sizes. If villains are pot committed, for example, might as well just put them in. If stacks are deeper, an argument could be made for trapping.I think I raise here because there are a couple of cards you don't want to see on the river. A club puts your 3rd nut flush at risk, however unlikely it may be that someone is holding Kcxc, and another broadway card could result in someone hitting a higher straight or causing you to split the pot. And if someone is on a set, the board pairing would be disastrous. Of course if anyone is playing one of these hands, they're not going anywhere, and it doesn't look like either of them are on something like KQ.

ok srry guys let's try this againPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Tournament $5+.50 rebuyBlinds: t75/t1508 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t1200UTG+1: t9063MP1: t6775Hero: t4165CO: t4250Button: t6902SB: t16495BB: t7595Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with :5c:D UTG calls t150 (pot was t225), 2 folds, Hero calls t150 (pot was t375), 2 folds, SB calls t75 (pot was t525), BB checks.Flop: :ts:club::4h (t600, 4 players)SB checks, BB bets t150, UTG calls t150 (pot was t750), Hero calls t150 (pot was t900), SB folds.Turn: :D (t1050, 3 players)BB bets t300, UTG raises to t600, Hero.......?

Raise the flop - Bet/Raise the Turn. You have a monster draw on the flop and if someone reraises you, get it all in. On the turn, a lot of cards kill your river action so don't slow play especially with two players still in with you.

So UTG has 900 left and he's minraising to 600 on the turn? Very, very bizarre...Also, is the rebuy period over?After thinking about it further I think I just call. The chances of being outdrawn here are slim and you don't really want to drive BB out of the pot. Most likely you're up against something like AT, 99, TT, possibly KcTc, maybe even another QJ. I just call and see what BB does on the river.

On the turn, a lot of cards kill your river action so don't slow play especially with two players still in with you.
Good point, I didn't consider this. How much would you raise on the flop? If BB is on something like AT or A9 you don't want to drive him out with a big reraise.
Good point, I didn't consider this. How much would you raise on the flop? If BB is on something like AT or A9 you don't want to drive him out with a big reraise.
On the flop, I raise to 600 after the 150 bet/call. I don't mind taking down the pot right there since we're on a draw.As played, on the turn, I raise to 1800 - BB might have a weak ace as his turn bet is pretty small but if he has a draw, I don't want him drawing for cheap. UTG is committed regardless. I think that if BB had two pair or better, he would have to fire a bigger bet on the turn to protect against the flush draw so a draw or weak ace seems more likely.

Raise the flop. Youre a favorite here and want to build the pot. With utg so short, a river bet into a dry side pot is going to be very hard for BB to call, so you need something in the side pot after the turn, and to get the pot that big you need to raise the flop. Also there are too many cards that dry up all of your action on the turn. Normally Id like to keep as many players in as possible so Id probably raise to 600 or so, but then youre pot committing UTG which may chase him, and putting him all in is a big bet that still doesnt start to build a side pot. Id raise to 450 PF.As played Id raise to 1000, putting UTG all in and starting to build the side pot. It will be very hard for BB to fold it.

thanks guys, I felt I missed some value in this for sure just wasn't sure what I wanted to do dif. I decided to flat call and bet just under the pot on the end (river was a blank) and BB folded just as Cop predicted :ts I just thought if I raised the reraise I would likely force him out b4 the river and I def wanted him to stay around. did cash out 222nd for $45 when I ran 1010 all in against 55 and 4 spades hit the board to give him the flush, but hey 222 out of just over 2300 aint bad :club: