What An Example For Bad Ettiquette...

just happened in monte carlo:-Hachem SnapsAmongst some incredible commotion on the tournament floor, Joe Hachem has just lost a monster pot and almost became involved in a physical confrontation with T6 Poker player Woody Deck!We caught the action in the hand on the river with the board reading {A-Diamonds}{6-Hearts}{J-Diamonds}{A-Spades}{3-Hearts} and Hachem with an 80,000-chip bet into opponent Peter Traply. Traply thought for a few moments before making the call, showing {A-Hearts}{10-Clubs} which was good to collect the pot worth over 200,000 chips. Hachem calmly tapped the table, saying "Nice call" as he proceeded to muck his hand.That's when the real action started. Woody Deck, who was not involved in the hand, then asked to see Hachem's cards. Hachem replied that he didn't have to show since the winning hand had already been shown, and the dealer proceeded to muck his cards.Deck then said to Hachem something along the lines of, "Are you trying to angle shoot or something? Don't be an *******!"Hachem, who at this stage was standing up to walk away from the table, then turned and in an incredible outburst, leaned across the table over Deck with a barrage of intimidating replies!Hachem appeared set to physically take Deck apart before Antonio Esfandiari lept up from a nearby table and held Hachem back. By this stage security had stepped between Hachem and the table until things calmed down. Hachem then took a walk outside to cool off as the crowd frenzy settled down and play returned to some normality.-i have to admit hat i fully understand joe's reaction in this spot...what do you say about behaving like this Deck guy at the table?

I have had the same reaction as Joe, when I am playing with amateurs...You lose a big hand and they ask to see your hand...Its bad etiquette unfortunately its in the rules...Its tough to explain to new players why you shouldnt be doing it, especially to a well respected world champion, after he lost a big hand.

Joe is right to be pissed. That's just dickish to act like that. I wish he would've punched him. We need someone to step up and hit these donks..he can set up future ass kickings like moneymaker did for poker.

There is etiquette and then there are rules. Etiquette says you let him muck. But since Traply called Joe should have to show his cards first.Also, anyone at the table in a tournament can ask to see anyones hand where it is played to completion. This Woody guy probably wanted to see how Hachem was playing and use it against him later (lots of money on the line here) on or put him on tilt which he clearly succeeded in doing.Etiquette...no AVRules... +AV

There is etiquette and then there are rules. Etiquette says you let him muck. But since Traply called Joe should have to show his cards first.Also, anyone at the table in a tornament can ask to see anyones hand where it is played to completion. This Woody guy probably wanted to see how Hachem was playing and use it against him later on or put him on tilt which he clearly succeeded in doing.Etiquette...no AVRules... +AV
you are correct but the rule is in place to avoid collusion, not to learn from someones play...I agree with you 100% but there isnt much that can be done.
There is etiquette and then there are rules. Etiquette says you let him muck. But since Traply called Joe should have to show his cards first.Also, anyone at the table in a tournament can ask to see anyones hand where it is played to completion. This Woody guy probably wanted to see how Hachem was playing and use it against him later (lots of money on the line here) on or put him on tilt which he clearly succeeded in doing.Etiquette...no AVRules... +AV
What is AV?Mark

i had something similar happen to mei was playin at the rio during the series and made a big river call vs some guy and he showed a backdoored flush and i mucked my hand.......without saying anything he reached into the muck and flipped my cards over and then looked at me and gave me a fist pump.this caused me to flip out and get into a huge agruement with the guy, the floor was called and i had to calm down and they gave the guy a warningaslo, i heard that as nice as hachem comes off on tv, i hear hes kind of a jerk at the table and whines a ton

aslo, i heard that as nice as hachem comes off on tv, i hear hes kind of a jerk at the table and whines a ton
hachem is very nice irl although he has a bit of an ego

I could have believed this story (TV Hachem vs. Real Hachem), but then I read Antonio Esfandiari stepped in to break things up.BULLSHIT...

Where the fck is RAB for this? His brag is that Hachem bought him drinks in Calgary.Oh yeah, RAB works now......lame

Where the fck is RAB for this? His brag is that Hachem bought him drinks in Calgary.Oh yeah, RAB works now......lame
Yeah, I heard he was the guy that puts up those vending machines filled with condoms and oils in the men's bathrooms. IDK, thats what I heard, but you didn't hear that from me. :club:
Oops wrong thread...nevermind.
:club:
I could have believed this story (TV Hachem vs. Real Hachem), but then I read Antonio Esfandiari stepped in to break things up.
Yea he woulda just sat there and said "This is so sick" "I love Monte Carlo/Poker" x 312423425
hachem is very nice irl although he has a bit of an ego
really? he is clearly a very very good poker player but I find he gets way too upset about bad beats and berates people about their play.he also whines about his luck way too much considering he won the main event.great player for sure though. he always seems to be getting his money in good when I see him play.
really? he is clearly a very very good poker player but I find he gets way too upset about bad beats and berates people about their play.he also whines about his luck way too much considering he won the main event.great player for sure though. he always seems to be getting his money in good when I see him play.
QFT all three thoughts
Yeah, a big QFT here