Haha, I saw it, but I don't really have all that much to add.
So there was nothing to the 2 years of college that you teased about?
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there was nothing to the 2 years of college that you teased about?
Since I stopped drinking I've been pathetically unable to reflect on the past in a humorous way. It would just end up being a huge let down and I can't handle that kind of pressure.Cards are up 3-0. Kyle Lohse has 2RBI. If Cardinals pitchers don't stop killing me, I'm going to have to have to ritually sacrifice my neighbor's dog.How can the Cardinals look like grade-schoolers against Ted Lilly? ARGH
Since I stopped drinking I've been pathetically unable to reflect on the past in a humorous way. It would just end up being a huge let down and I can't handle that kind of pressure.Cards are up 3-0. Kyle Lohse has 2RBI. If Cardinals pitchers don't stop killing me, I'm going to have to have to ritually sacrifice my neighbor's dog.How can the Cardinals look like grade-schoolers against Ted Lilly? ARGH
3-3 in the 9th

Fielder jack in 10th and Griffey Jr. slam to blow reds/cubs game wide open at almost the exact same time. 2-4 here I comeEDIT: Shit, I fogot about Gagne. (Insert lyrics to "Forgot about 'Dre, except with 'Dre changed to 'Gne)

Here's what I'm on the rest of the dayMinnesota TwinsDetroit Tigers/Cleveland Indians over 9Texas Rangers/Toronto Blue Jays under 9 Kansas City Royals/Los Angeles Angels over 9½ 2 team ML parlaySan Diego Padres -167Toronto Blue Jays -185thought about taking but passed:KC, Detroit, and Boston.. Hopefully I win at least one.

Here's what I'm on the rest of the dayMinnesota TwinsDetroit Tigers/Cleveland Indians over 9Texas Rangers/Toronto Blue Jays under 9 Kansas City Royals/Los Angeles Angels over 9½ 2 team ML parlaySan Diego Padres -167Toronto Blue Jays -185thought about taking but passed:KC, Detroit, and Boston.. Hopefully I win at least one.
Minnesota will win because I am on Tampa. As long as it's not as stupid as last night, I'll be okay with that. If I played totals, I'd probably pass the Tigers/Indians game, over the Rangers/Jays, and puke in my mouth and take the over in the Angels/Royals game. Garland is bad. He's going to get faded all year even if he ends up winning the Cy Young or something. Parlays make the baby-Jesus cry. I would usually be on the Rockies/Rangers (fading two aces? don't mind if I do!), but I have a mental block betting against Peavy, and I don't think I could stomach needing a good performance from Padilla and a ravished bullpen to beat Halladay.I played KC, leaned very heavily Detroit (and would have bet it if I weren't a fan), and had no opinion on the Yankees Sox. I figure that line's just about right and I see no play. I really like Oakland tonight, and would be on them for 2 units if I did that. Money's coming in on Seattle, and the book is totally encouraging it.Go A's!Wang
It surprises a lot of people that the Braves are so popular, but it shouldn't given their national (and especially Southern) appeal.
braves games are televised on tbs, which everyone gets. georgia also effectively borders 8 states that don't have their own mlb team.
braves games are televised on tbs, which everyone gets. georgia also effectively borders 8 states that don't have their own mlb team.
What I don't understand is if the braves are so popular, why can't they sell out a playoff game?
Since I stopped drinking I've been pathetically unable to reflect on the past in a humorous way. It would just end up being a huge let down and I can't handle that kind of pressure.
So get back on the sauce? Seriously though, if it was a detriment, it's probably good that you quit. I just miss the creativity and funny.

I think I'm betting bases wrong. I've been making my bets "to win one unit" (so 2 units on a -200 fav, and half a unit on a +200 dog), but I think that might be wrong. I need to run better on chalk than dogs. I'd much rather my favorites win than my dogs, which I feel like I should be ambivalent. Perhaps some math is in order?Crappy night. 3-3.Back at it tomorrow.

So get back on the sauce? Seriously though, if it was a detriment, it's probably good that you quit. I just miss the creativity and funny.
Don't worry; I'm still pretty awesome.

the KC-LAA over didn't have a chance because KC left 20 men on base.. and that Cards-Brewers ending stung a little bit.good hit on TB, I thought Boof would shut them down.

the KC-LAA over didn't have a chance because KC left 20 men on base.. and that Cards-Brewers ending stung a little bit.good hit on TB, I thought Boof would shut them down.
Tampa and Cincy have been underpriced all year. I think there's going to be value there for some time. Unfortunately Oakland is just killing me. At least Seattle looks good. Because they are not good.
RA Dickey's toeing the slab for the Mariners tomorrow night. Should be interesting
Interesting in the way a 6-car pileup on the highway is interesting?By the way, the Jays are starting David Purcey tonight in his first ever major league appearance (because of Burnett's relief appearance the other night). Good prospect, but I'd be surprised if he performed well.Also, the Jays bats have gone silent.
PitStLKC
I'm with you on Pit, but I'm on San Fran and Matt Cain, and I'm fading Bannister and KC.So far I'm on: PitSFOakI am going to end up betting the Phillies, and probably the Rangers, too, but I'm not totally sure yet on either of those.Wang

An... inappropriately big day today. I won money playing roulette (??) last night, so I'm looking to gamble.First, the NBA picks:Raptors to win series (vs. Orlando Magic) 2.5 units, +275No way Orlando's winning here the 75ish percent of the time necessary for this to be a bad bet. Orlando played awesome down the stretch, and everybody is all up on their junk (both metaphorically, and monetarily, giving 6.5 in game One). The number's too high, so there's some value there. Wizards +4 (2)New Orleans -5 (1)Spurs -4 (1)Houston -1 (2)It appears I like chalk. At least I got that Wiz number in there making me look edgy. If anybody has any question about my thoughts on these, feel free to ask them, but I'm worthless when it comes to the NBA. I just know Lebron's popular, the Mavs are going to get hammered getting points against the Nawlins, and Hollinger wrote a big article this morning about how awesome Utah is. I've only bet 1 unit on all these games, but plan on adding right before game time unless the lines do something funky. I might end up throwing ANOTHER unit and-a-half on (I'm thinking half on the spurs, half on the Hornets, half on the Wizards), but I'm not sure.Bases:Tampa - 102 vs White SoxClassic Burr-lee fade. San Diego +104 (Young) vs. Diamondbacks (Gonzalez)I think Chris Young is really, really good. Unfortunately I'm going to have to deal with that whole "San Diego's offense is fucking terrible" situation. Hopefully Zona comes back to Earth tomorrow, right after I lose this bet. Pirates +126 vs CubsI love rooting against the Cubs, first of all, and second of all... Actually, there is no second of all. These games are on WGN and I don't have an MLB package yet. San Francisco +110 (Linecum) vs. Cardinals (Piniero)I fucking hate the Giants. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. If you'd have told me I'd be jumping all over 11/10 to back the Giants all year, I would have slapped you in the face and challenged you to a duel. God, the Giants are just KILLING me. As a consolation, the book is getting killed on them, too. I can't wait until they start overreacting, and inflating Giants lines to make all their money back on Giants faders.Washington EVEN (Hill) vs. Marlins (Badenhop)I don't know what I'm doing here. The numbers say to fade the Marlins, so I'm fading the Marlins. I will not be following this game very closely. Okay, so, total units on the line today? 11ish or so. If I only lose 3 I'll be ecstatic.