Who Will Win The Us Masters?

Tiger Woods./thread(But I am looking forward to it... I love the Masters, my favourite golf tournament of the year even ahead of the British Open. I think it's because I remember watching the time Greg Norman totally bottled it against Nick Faldo. Wow that must be over 15 years ago now... I'm getting old!)

Obviously Tiger is nailed on. But I'm considering an each-way bet. Who would recommend as a top 5 finisher? Maybe an outsider?Odds from William-Hill, these are the guys I'm considering: Mickelson P 11/1 Ogilvy G 20/1 Harrington P 22/1 Choi K J 35/1 Cabrera A 80/1

Might be fun to have an outsider bet actually.I don't think those odds you listed were for top 5 finish though?... the odds for the guys you mentioned on BetFair... to win, are:Mickelson P 12.5/1Ogilvy G 23/1Harrington P 27/1Choi K J 45/1For top 5, you're not really looking at anything over 4/1 for any of them.One that caught my eye was current Masters champion Zach Johnson... he's 109/1! Worth a pound?Or Jim Furyk @ 59/1 seems quite good to me. Els is 35/1 also.

Watch out for Goosen he's finished in the top-3 the last 3 years and he seems to be getting his game back in form.Also, Furyk prolly wouldn't be a bad bet if he has a good week with the putter.My pick (besides Tiger of course) is Goosen.

Watch out for Goosen he's finished in the top-3 the last 3 years and he seems to be getting his game back in form.Also, Furyk prolly wouldn't be a bad bet if he has a good week with the putter.My pick (besides Tiger of course) is Goosen.
Oh, and for a darkhorse give me Lee Westwood.

I couldnt bet who was gonna win. Cause I think Tiger will but I did bet who will make top 5: here were my odds and who I tookFuryk 6/1Choi 6/1Z Johnson 10/1Appleby 15/1 Thought these were pretty good valuesHope one hits and Ill be on the plus

I don't have any picks, but I would like to see an English guy take it down. The closest we've come in recent years that I recall was Luke Donald in the US open finishing second to Tiger. Harrington won one, but he is Irish.Justin Rose is sitting at -4 at the top of the leaderboard right now so that gives us a tiny glimmer of hope.

I don't have any picks, but I would like to see an English guy take it down. The closest we've come in recent years that I recall was Luke Donald in the US open finishing second to Tiger. Harrington won one, but he is Irish.Justin Rose is sitting at -4 at the top of the leaderboard right now so that gives us a tiny glimmer of hope.
Im pretty sure Harrington never won the Masters. He did win the British last yr....But, Rose is off to a great start and hes a solid player. But sunday at the Masters is not for the weak. I would like to see him go deep in this but if you havent been there before its gotta be tough. But hey Zach Johnson did it last yr.

Yeh James, the odds I quoted were for the win. The guy no-one has mentioned here yet but is getting exposure through the media is young Romero. Could be a good shout for a top 5.And Justin Rose's bottle will crash, epically.

Yeh James, the odds I quoted were for the win. The guy no-one has mentioned here yet but is getting exposure through the media is young Romero. Could be a good shout for a top 5.And Justin Rose's bottle will crash, epically.
When has Justin Rose not crashed epically...he has led 3 out of the 4 years he has played after the first round...
When has Justin Rose not crashed epically...he has led 3 out of the 4 years he has played after the first round...
He's satisfying the British public. As a nation we crave dissapointment.
He's satisfying the British public. As a nation we crave dissapointment.
Haha...that's goodYou have had quite a few contenders in the past and have quite a few again this year....good luck to having your first since Faldo!
For the Darkhorse I am really pulling for Brandt Snedeker to come out firing. I dig that guys form and style as he just picks his lines and goes with it.
Finished the Day T3.I can't wait to go home and watch the coverage....DVR FTW!!!

I put 15 each on Phil at 12/1 and Vijay at 18/1. These odds are beyond my comprehension as I think it is kind of a crapshoot when you get the caliber of players that the Masters typically has. I wouldn't know where to start to define "good" odds to win a golf touney. I just picked a couple of guys that historically have done very well in Augusta and are playing very well right now. I thought I got the steal of the century on Bodog. Vijay vs Els HU with Vijay at -140. Els publically stated his game is way off and sometimes he doesn't know where the ball is going. That was enough to convince me. I have Cink vs Tim Clark at -120 and Sabbatini vs Weir at -120. I personally don't care for Rory that much, but if you win the par 3 contest it typically means you are putting lights out so it was worth a shot. He has a little work to do after today though.

I put 15 each on Phil at 12/1 and Vijay at 18/1. These odds are beyond my comprehension as I think it is kind of a crapshoot when you get the caliber of players that the Masters typically has. I wouldn't know where to start to define "good" odds to win a golf touney. I just picked a couple of guys that historically have done very well in Augusta and are playing very well right now.
I agree that pricing golf odds is fairly hard... But, I think @ 12/1, Mickelson is still a fairly decent bet. He's won it 2 out of the last 4 years, and it's most definately 'his' tournament, in that the course suits his game the most, and it's clearly the major he's most likely to win... and therefore probably the one that he shows up for ready to play his best golf.
Im pretty sure Harrington never won the Masters. He did win the British last yr....But, Rose is off to a great start and hes a solid player. But sunday at the Masters is not for the weak. I would like to see him go deep in this but if you havent been there before its gotta be tough. But hey Zach Johnson did it last yr.
Right, Harrington never won the masters. I actually meant win a major tournament. There are a few other Brits besides Rose who have first rounds under par but it is early days.
Finished the Day T3.I can't wait to go home and watch the coverage....DVR FTW!!!
Snedeker finishes day 2 at -7 good enough for 2nd place, 1 behind Immelman....for now.Justin Rose and Tiger have still not Teed off.