(mods please move if necessary)Someone suggested playing 6 handed Sit N Go's as a good way to build a bankroll in another thread. Leaving the cash game vs. SnG / MTT re: variance, tourneys are for suckers, arguements out of it... I have some questions:What criteria do you consider when choosing a Sit N Go tournament?Why 6 handed and not 9 or 18 handed? Are your choices based on personal preference, or is there some complicated ROI vs. blind structure vs. # opponents formula that explains what the best odds are? For example, 33% players get paid in a 6 or 9, but only 22% of the field gets paid in an 18. However winning 1st place in a 9 pays 4x your buy-in, while 1st place in an 18 pays 6.4x, and 2nd place still pays more than 1st would in a 9.I like to play the 18's instead of 9's because there ends up being more chips on the table to play with, and I like the prize structure better. Granted, there are twice as many opponents, but I find more than enough opportunities to let other people bust themselves out before me and I can usually end up with a good shot to win something.I have tried 6 handed, but didn't fare so well. I have also played 45's but it seems like way more of a crap shoot with small M's once they get down to 5 -6 people, and the time invested doesn't seem worth it at that point to me.So, I primarily play 18ppl SnGs at FT. I'll probably keep playing them because I enjoy it, but I'm interested in any thoughts or feedback. I'm trying to build enough of a bankroll to take some shots at MTTs and some even bigger MTTs via tokens and such.thanxP

18 handed? wow! Now that would be impressive
hahahahahahahahahahahaUm, yeah, not so much :club: I'm guessing the point of playing 6 handed sng's is so that you can pound them out quicker. Similar to 6 handed cash games, you clear bonuses/accrue rakeback quicker
hahahahahahahahahahahaUm, yeah, not so much :club: I'm guessing the point of playing 6 handed sng's is so that you can pound them out quicker. Similar to 6 handed cash games, you clear bonuses/accrue rakeback quicker
and you can play more marginal hands/get yourself into more marginal spots...

I think u wanna play the sngs that offer the most value, so here's my take:Most 11d 9 person sng's only pay 45d for first. In terms of units earned, u are only getting +3.3 . Bc of this shitty ratio i think winner take all sitngos are the only ones worth playing. The closest online that ive seen is the 4.40 or 11+1 sng token satellites on FTP, these tournaments only give +1 unit to second place, but +5 units goes to first place.

I like to play the 18's instead of 9's because there ends up being more chips on the table to play with, and I like the prize structure better. Granted, there are twice as many opponents, but I find more than enough opportunities to let other people bust themselves out before me and I can usually end up with a good shot to win something.I have tried 6 handed, but didn't fare so well. P
I agree with you 18's are a better prize structure and don't worry about being twice as many people you play abc poker are you guaranteed a final table spot barring any bad beats of course. Also 6 handed is a quick and easy way to build BR but also alot of loose play which raises the bad beat factor.