Obama...worst Thing For America In A Long Time?

I wasn't the one making the IQ statements -- that was Mr. Perfect SATs. I did say that having a doctorate does not correlate with a low IQ. If you want to argue that, make your case. If not, the articles I linked to didn't mention intelligence (as a test score) because that wasn't my argument to start with.The narrative notes "up to undergraduate level" and that up to that level higher incomes vote Republican. It also pointed out that more liberals than social conservatives have incomes over $75,000 (hence more liberals could be considered "successful" under what you apparently consider the only measurement of success). I consider education at least one measure of success, and by that yardstick liberals are way ahead -- which was the point you disputed as wrong, that liberals are better educated than conservatives.Now where's your evidence that better educated people are more conservative?
"When a person is younger, if they are not a liberal, they have no heart. When that person is older, if they are not a conservative they have no brain"Winston ChurchillSo you point out that the higher level incomes are more likely to vote Republican. So people that are more educated in how the real world of economies works...vote republican? And Checky and LLY point out that people that teach, people that don't necessarily have any real world experience are more likely to be liberal.But there are very successful liberals, like George Soros, who made a $Billion profit by causing a 2 year recession in Great Britain. google "The man that broke the bank of england"Then there's Jobs, who founded Apple with the thought that all software should be free...I did find it interesting that Bob Brinker on his weekly radio show Money Talk pointed out that Barak Obama's plan to remove the cap on Social Security contributions would result in a marginal tax rate of between 67-68% on the nations wealthy. And that's any couple making over $250K a year. Yea, letting people that create jobs keep $.32 for every dollar they make is a real incentive to start businesses and hire workers.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are just freaking OBSESSED with that post, aren't you? WTF? Yet you've never actually said a word about how it might be inaccurate; you've never made a single argument that there ISN'T an attitude of "first among equals" there, an attitude that other people should be laid off first and on what criteria that attitude might be based.Also, it's "definitely," not "defiantly," and your weird, weird obsession is an issue all by itself.

So you point out that the higher level incomes are more likely to vote Republican....I did find it interesting that Bob Brinker on his weekly radio show Money Talk pointed out that Barak Obama's plan to remove the cap on Social Security contributions would result in a marginal tax rate of between 67-68% on the nations wealthy. And that's any couple making over $250K a year. Yea, letting people that create jobs keep $.32 for every dollar they make is a real incentive to start businesses and hire workers.
Higher income, only up to undergrad level. At post-grad level, higher incomes vote Dem. Just clarifying. Obviously, you're right -- there are rich, smart conservatives and rich, smart liberals, and that's really pretty much that. There are clear demographic trends, and I linked to a bunch. Trends don't define everybody, though.Can you give us Brinker's math on that tax rate? I'm thinking marginal rates of 40% tops, plus 7.65% of Social Security (15.3% only if you're self-employed), maaaybe a state tax of 5%. I know you don't like 60% either, but I can't get above sixty no matter what, and for the non-self-employed closer to 48%.Why exactly, though, is there a contribution cap on Social Security? What's the rationale behind it, and why should it remain? The contribution cap on Medicare went away several years ago, as I'm sure you know, and it didn't exactly throw the wealthy into poverty or result in millionaire riots in the streets or cause small businesses nationwide to collapse.
I declare all of your arguments null and void at this point. Even if you do agree with me!I kid
Heh heh. I knew I was outing myself there, but I am a native Southerner after all.
but I can't get above sixty no matter what, and for the non-self-employed closer to 48%.
Are you kidding me? Above 60 percent? Why would anybody be asked to give 60 percent of anything? That is insane!! Same with 48 percent for high income earners!! That is freakin stupid!!You don't kill the golden goose! Small business is the life blood of this country, men and women risk their homes, retirements, personal saftey to take a risk and get ahead....most of them fail for various reasons and to the few that make....lets tax them up 60 percent!!!!You realize what will happen, the bottom of the empolyment ladder will not only get screwed but they should. Why would / did i risk my life savings to do it on my own AKA " The American Dream" to give away 60 freakin percent!!!Think about it, honestly that maybe the dumbest statement ever....Oh BTW NASCAR is good. See we do have something in common.
Are you kidding me? Above 60 percent? Why would anybody be asked to give 60 percent of anything? That is insane!! Same with 48 percent for high income earners!! That is freakin stupid!!You don't kill the golden goose! Small business is the life blood of this country, men and women risk their homes, retirements, personal saftey to take a risk and get ahead....most of them fail for various reasons and to the few that make....lets tax them up 60 percent!!!!You realize what will happen, the bottom of the empolyment ladder will not only get screwed but they should. Why would / did i risk my life savings to do it on my own AKA " The American Dream" to give away 60 freakin percent!!!Think about it, honestly that maybe the dumbest statement ever....Oh BTW NASCAR is good. See we do have something in common.
Did you notice, I'm not saying I support either figure. I said I couldn't see how Brinker was getting 67-68%, and I asked for thoughts on why the contributions cap is there and for what reason it should stay. I suppose you can say, "it should stay in order to keep down taxes on the wealthy," but I'm wondering if there are any other reasons in anyone's mind, and why specificially that cap as opposed to a different method of accomplishing the same thing, either through the tax code or through a different program. That's all.
Can you give us Brinker's math on that tax rate? I'm thinking marginal rates of 40% tops, plus 7.65% of Social Security (15.3% only if you're self-employed), maaaybe a state tax of 5%. I know you don't like 60% either, but I can't get above sixty no matter what, and for the non-self-employed closer to 48%.Why exactly, though, is there a contribution cap on Social Security? What's the rationale behind it, and why should it remain? The contribution cap on Medicare went away several years ago, as I'm sure you know, and it didn't exactly throw the wealthy into poverty or result in millionaire riots in the streets or cause small businesses nationwide to collapse.
The state tax is what throws the number in the deep 60% zone. Cal top marginal rate is 9% plus minimum tax. New York, Hawaii, New Jersey etc all share high state taxes. Bob Brinker is the money expert, when it comes to money I just listen to him and try not to interject my opinion into what he says. He also hates Bush, thinks he has done an awful job, and can't wait for him to leave office. And th self employed don't pay higher taxes than the employed. I have to match the amount I pay for my employers, so this money that could go to them instead goes to the government. Pretending that they aren't paying it is just misdirection.Why is there a cap? Why do we pay into social security? Was the program ever designed to redistibute wealth? Or was it designed to be a forced saving account that the government was doing for our behalf? They earn a whopping negative 4% yearly rate of return which currently doesn't beat inflation.We all have a max we have to pay into unemployment also. I am probably never going to need what I pay in, so I already am having this money confiscated from me, why shouldn't there be a maximum they can confiscate? At what point does the government have to actually admit that taking money from those that have and giving it to those that have not, and doing it at a rate of 70-80% waste is a bad program? $.17 of every dollar that the government pays into welfare actually goes to the person on welfare, the rest goes to the government program employees. Having a cap on how much they can take per individual is hardly a loophole I'm exploiting, more like it's a bandage on the arm and a leg the government rips off my every year for taxes. And not just me, you guys think gas is high, Enjoy this little piece of heaven. The state and federal tax rate on gasoline in California is over 50%. So half what I pay at the pump goes to the governments, and they want to take away the 10% the oil companies make???? They are holding hearings. We should be holding the hearings and congress should be behind the microphones. The US average is 42%. US Gas Tax Rates by StateBut they have us nicely focused on those big bad oil companies, making record profits. All while they are making 4-5 times what the oil companies make. And who pays? the rich!...Ooops, no the poor pay the largest share. I pay about .01% of my income on gas tax, the poor pay as much as 5% of their income on gas taxes. Of course the only fair thing to do is charge me $42.50 per gallon. that way I am paying my fair share.The biggest problem with this whole tax issue is that we all are being soaked for taxes, you have been working all year so far for nothing but taxes, and you have a couple more weeks to go. And you are being directed to hate the rich? The difference between the rich and tthe poor when it comes to taxes is the rich have bought congressmen to give them loopholes to save some of their taxes, the poor just keep paying in ways they never think of and never realize that fighting ALL taxes is the correct additude to have, not hoping the rich get shafted.
The state tax is what throws the number in the deep 60% zone. Cal top marginal rate is 9% plus minimum tax. New York, Hawaii, New Jersey etc all share high state taxes. Bob Brinker is the money expert, when it comes to money I just listen to him and try not to interject my opinion into what he says. He also hates Bush, thinks he has done an awful job, and can't wait for him to leave office. And th self employed don't pay higher taxes than the employed. I have to match the amount I pay for my employers, so this money that could go to them instead goes to the government. Pretending that they aren't paying it is just misdirection.Why is there a cap? Why do we pay into social security? Was the program ever designed to redistibute wealth? Or was it designed to be a forced saving account that the government was doing for our behalf? They earn a whopping negative 4% yearly rate of return which currently doesn't beat inflation.We all have a max we have to pay into unemployment also. I am probably never going to need what I pay in, so I already am having this money confiscated from me, why shouldn't there be a maximum they can confiscate? At what point does the government have to actually admit that taking money from those that have and giving it to those that have not, and doing it at a rate of 70-80% waste is a bad program? $.17 of every dollar that the government pays into welfare actually goes to the person on welfare, the rest goes to the government program employees. Having a cap on how much they can take per individual is hardly a loophole I'm exploiting, more like it's a bandage on the arm and a leg the government rips off my every year for taxes. And not just me, you guys think gas is high, Enjoy this little piece of heaven. The state and federal tax rate on gasoline in California is over 50%. So half what I pay at the pump goes to the governments, and they want to take away the 10% the oil companies make???? They are holding hearings. We should be holding the hearings and congress should be behind the microphones. The US average is 42%. US Gas Tax Rates by StateBut they have us nicely focused on those big bad oil companies, making record profits. All while they are making 4-5 times what the oil companies make. And who pays? the rich!...Ooops, no the poor pay the largest share. I pay about .01% of my income on gas tax, the poor pay as much as 5% of their income on gas taxes. Of course the only fair thing to do is charge me $42.50 per gallon. that way I am paying my fair share.The biggest problem with this whole tax issue is that we all are being soaked for taxes, you have been working all year so far for nothing but taxes, and you have a couple more weeks to go. And you are being directed to hate the rich? The difference between the rich and tthe poor when it comes to taxes is the rich have bought congressmen to give them loopholes to save some of their taxes, the poor just keep paying in ways they never think of and never realize that fighting ALL taxes is the correct additude to have, not hoping the rich get shafted.
Its Clintons fault for letting 14,000 soldiers die on his watch
US Gas Tax Rates by StateBut they have us nicely focused on those big bad oil companies, making record profits. All while they are making 4-5 times what the oil companies make. And who pays? the rich!...Ooops, no the poor pay the largest share. I pay about .01% of my income on gas tax, the poor pay as much as 5% of their income on gas taxes. Of course the only fair thing to do is charge me $42.50 per gallon. that way I am paying my fair share.The biggest problem with this whole tax issue is that we all are being soaked for taxes, you have been working all year so far for nothing but taxes, and you have a couple more weeks to go. And you are being directed to hate the rich? The difference between the rich and tthe poor when it comes to taxes is the rich have bought congressmen to give them loopholes to save some of their taxes, the poor just keep paying in ways they never think of and never realize that fighting ALL taxes is the correct additude to have, not hoping the rich get shafted.
repllawcns.jpg
I don't know why you guys even bother to argue with this man.
I don't know why you guys even bother to argue with this man.
QFT :club:
You are just freaking OBSESSED with that post, aren't you? WTF? Yet you've never actually said a word about how it might be inaccurate; you've never made a single argument that there ISN'T an attitude of "first among equals" there, an attitude that other people should be laid off first and on what criteria that attitude might be based.Also, it's "definitely," not "defiantly," and your weird, weird obsession is an issue all by itself.
SB, I want to apologize for repost of your February 6th post. When I logged in your reply to HBLASK had not posted and I did not see it.And no I was not OBSESSED with that post. I just know that you are far to INTELLEGENT to let rednecks affect your KARMA.Good luck with your book! :club:MFT20080404.jpg
SB, I want to apologize for repost of your February 6th post. When I logged in your reply to HBLASK had not posted and I did not see it.And no I was not OBSESSED with that post. I just know that you are far to INTELLEGENT to let rednecks affect your KARMA.Good luck with your book! :club:
Okay, we're cool. Sorry I sounded so peevish. Cute cartoon, and thanks for the good wishes on my book. It's now in the hands of editors. When it's out, I'll let everyone know.

The real question is how many times are those dollars in your pockets being taxed?They tax businesses who pay you. Then they tax your check. What is left over gets taxed whenever you buy something. And if you win any money playing poker (sorry to bring it back to something forum related) your winnings get taxed again. Plus there's probably about another five layers of taxing that I am leaving out in this post just for simplicity's sake.I believe to live in a country like we do that some taxes are a necessary evil, but the shit our federal and state governments pull to support their spending habits is seriously out of control.Dump that f%$#ing Tea in the harbor!!

The real question is how many times are those dollars in your pockets being taxed?They tax businesses who pay you. Then they tax your check. What is left over gets taxed whenever you buy something. And if you win any money playing poker (sorry to bring it back to something forum related) your winnings get taxed again. Plus there's probably about another five layers of taxing that I am leaving out in this post just for simplicity's sake.I believe to live in a country like we do that some taxes are a necessary evil, but the shit our federal and state governments pull to support their spending habits is seriously out of control.Dump that f%$#ing Tea in the harbor!!
Who you kidding, you haven't paid taxes in years.Teach me
"You say you want a revolution Well you know We all want to change the world You tell me that it's evolution Well you know We all want to change the world But when you talk about destruction Don't you know you can count me out Don't you know it's gonna be alright? Alright? Alright? You say you got a real solution Well you know We'd all love to see the plan You ask me for a contribution Well you know We're doing what we can But when you want money for people with minds that hate All I can tell you is brother you have to wait Don't you know it's gonna be alright? Alright? Alright? You say you'll change the constitution Well you know We all want to change your head You tell me it's the institution Well you know You better free your mind instead But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow Don't you know know it's gonna be alright? Alright? Alright? Alright! (repeat X number of times) " The Beatles - RevolutionThe Beatles 1967-1970 (The Blue Album)
  • 2 weeks later...

Obama sure failed at the last debate.Goes to show that when someone isn't writing his speaches, he fails more than he succeeds.Like his first off the cuff reaction to Rev Wright: "I never heard him say these things, not while I was sitting in the pews"He follows that with: "The only reason I didn't leave that church was because Wright had promised to resign as pastor, otherwise I was going to leave."Followed with an excellant speech, written by someone else, and well delivered where he threw his grandma under the bus, and said "Heck, that's what all black folk think, you's don't want me to leave them now does ya?.Then comes the recent debate.When asked about his relationship with local terrorist William Ayers, a man who is unrepentant about his involvement in making bombs and blowing up federal buildings in the 70s. A man who hosted fundraisers for Obama in his home, who the Obama camp has admitted they are friendly with.OBAMA: This is guy who lives in my neighborhood who was, uh, a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from, he's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis, uh, and the notion that somehow, uh, as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was eight years old, uh, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense, George. The fact is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, uh, who, during his campaign, once said that it, uh, might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who, uh, carried out abortions. Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's, uh, statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those, either.That is a really good case of: SNAP SNAP..look over here. Ignore that question, let's talk about a man who has never bombed anything, not a man who has and who I received substantial help during my early senate race.

Obama sure failed at the last debate.
IMO the only people that failed in the last debate are George Stephanopoulus and Charlie Gibson. Ask some real ****ing questions for a change. Don't pander to the idiotic masses. Our ****ing political debates have turned into an issue of People magazine.
IMO the only people that failed in the last debate are George Stephanopoulus and Charlie Gibson. Ask some real ****ing questions for a change. Don't pander to the idiotic masses. Our ****ing political debates have turned into an issue of People magazine.
You got to love the O'bama supporters though that were 'shocked' that George Steffy Stephanopolis would gang up on Obama and give Hillary a relatively easy series of softball questions.But I thought he was a journalist, they don't take sides I thought.Weeeeeee

John Stewart absolutely shredded Obama for his stumbling in the debate this week. It must've been bad if Stewart was piling on.And from Obama's appearance on the Colbert Report:

"Well, Stephen, I think the American people are tired of these political games and petty distractions," Obama said."Sir, speaking for the news media, we are not tired of it," Colbert retorted.