Daniel Down Under

Just give you guys a heads up...Daniel is worried about his pending Conference Final matchup vs the Mustangs...He has enlisted the Hockey Guru and will be in Australia for a week to ' get ready' for the impending epic battle.I wasnt sure if Daniel wanted this information out, however I think its necessary to let his public know and end the speculation right here...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling all Nancy Drew today...so we have: 1) it's in Sydney; 2) it's film-related; 3) it's not a poker movie. Two possiblities:Currently filming in Sydney: NBC show "Chuck," as of late Feb. '08.andIn season one of Lost, the plane leaves from Sydney. If they're filming some kind of homecoming, it would stand to reason that Sydney locations would be involved. [Those scenes were actually filmed in Hawaii, but that was when the show was unproven. Now that it's a hit and has a bigger budget, they could do location filming if they wanted.]I think we can safely eliminate Serge's theory and Fantasy Tofu Golf, much as I love that idea.What do I win if I'm right?

How cool... I'm turning 30 on Saturday March 8 and having a home game to celebrate at my place in Melbourne. Daniel - can you please delay the flight back to the US by one day and come to my homegame ? It's a $10 tourney with one rebuy. and probably a 25/50c or 50c/$1 cashgame to follow. Am sure you're incredibly interested whilst you're in the country :club:

How cool... I'm turning 30 on Saturday March 8 and having a home game to celebrate at my place in Melbourne. Daniel - can you please delay the flight back to the US by one day and come to my homegame ? It's a $10 tourney with one rebuy. and probably a 25/50c or 50c/$1 cashgame to follow. Am sure you're incredibly interested whilst you're in the country :D
Lol I'm sure he's going to jump right on that opportunity Cross since according to the thread in the General he's supposedly lost so much money since 2006. :club: JK

hope your enjoying it here in sydney daniel it's a great place with lots to do. your story about oxford street was a pretty good laugh as i knew the twist as soon as i read the street name lol

Yeah, it was mardi gras about a day ago. hence so many people in the gay bar.Oxford street (from what I have heard, I don't go there a lot... really) is usually a bit empty during the day other wise.

Yeah, it was mardi gras about a day ago. hence so many people in the gay bar.Oxford street (from what I have heard, I don't go there a lot... really) is usually a bit empty during the day other wise.
Why is Mardi Gras there so much later than here? In the US it was Feb. 5.
Isn't Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) always on a Tuesday and not a Sunday (yesterday)?Or does that just make too much sense?
the australian film industry is pretty much dead? elaborate please.
Quigley Down Under II got shelved + Paul Hogan is like 70 = Australian film industry's demise.
I am of course comparing it to the American film industry.The only good Australian film I have ever seen (and remains one of my favorites to this day) is Picnic at Hanging Rock.
Real response, the aussie dollar is now a bit over 90c US, so it will not be as attractive to make movies here such as The Matrix as it was in the past.
I loled when i read Helmuths blog. Where Daniel made it a big secret why he was going to Sydney, Helmuth wrote this:"I was even still considering flying all the way to Sydney, Australia on Saturday night to do a cameo in the movie "Wolverine." Daniel Negreanu was leaving LAX Saturday night at around 10:00 pm, and I loved the idea of joining him. I was told that we were wanted for a key scene, even though we may only have received a few seconds of screen time, and not much money for the deal."
Read this on 2p2. True?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_filmclearly being filmed in and around sydney. the wiki says principal shooting ended 2 weeks ago, but the source it cites doesn't actually say that. also,daniel clearly enjoys acting and tv/movies quite a bit. he has mentioned very recently that he has a SAG cardwhen asked if it was a poker movie, he very specifically replied that it was not a *poker* movie.

alright since Dn said it was ok to guess...I think (hope) he's going to be a voice for an animated character in an upcoming movie. Think about it... without sounding too much like a slobbering, girly fan...he's got a great voice for voice characters and he's always doing imitations. Plus, doesn't Pixar have a sound studio in Sydney ??! how cool would that be.

alright since Dn said it was ok to guess...I think (hope) he's going to be a voice for an animated character in an upcoming movie. Think about it... without sounding too much like a slobbering, girly fan...he's got a great voice for voice characters and he's always doing imitations. Plus, doesn't Pixar have a sound studio in Sydney ??! how cool would that be.
Dude, it's already been well documented what he's doing there
Dude, it's already been well documented what he's doing there
dude, sorry to waste your time. I try not to read anything written by PH, and I hadn't gotten to that thread on this board when I posted above comment. Anyway, I still think my idea would kick @ss.