Good News For The.....marlins!?!?!?

You didn't even mention Anibal having a decent start his first time back. Tough loss today after being up all game. I was watching the Yanks game, which was great btw, but yeah...I watched an interview with Freddi last night about how he didn't like bringing Kevin Gregg in during the middle of an inning and it doesn't seem like he gets too many 2 inning saves. Seems like he's one of those fabricated, protected closers, the kind that get a save by getting three outs in the 9th with a three run read. Thats why I love Mo Rivera. He's the real deal. Go Marlins(still a die hard Yanks fan, but Marlins are a close 2)Caney, you know Volstad's from Gardens right?
Yeah, there was a huge PBG contingent at his first home start.Gregg is an ok closer but is not a guy I would want out there for two innings. The whole Marlins bullpen is suspect (see: today).Their starting pitching keeps improving though which is great.Biggest problem right now: situational hitting. I have never seen a team SO BAD at getting a runner home from third with less than two outs. It is incredible. Bases loaded in the 9th, one out, and your 3 and 4 hitters pop up? Ugh. I guess this is the price you pay when you have a team full of free swingers. Lots of home runs.....lots of strike outs and pop-outs (at critical times).At least the Mets keep losing.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Marlins youth finally caught up to them and they were wildly inconsistent from June-August.However, it is awesome to see them on a 9 game tear right now.....especially since they could ruin Philly's season (always a bonus). Plus Cameron Maybin has been a revelation.....reached base in 10 straight plate appearances....not too shabby.Also, I think some props should be given to the Marlins infield (who very quietly put up numbers that are eyebrow raising). They are having maybe the BEST power hitting season by one infield ever.With 8 games left:Hanley Ramirez--32 HRMike Jacobs--32 HRDan Uggla--31 HRJorge Cantu--29 HRIf Cantu gets over 30 (and since he has been really hot this month I think the chances are high), I am pretty sure they would be the 1st infield ever where all 4 players hit 30 HRs. Good season Marlins and keep phucking over the phils.

Well the Marlins youth finally caught up to them and they were wildly inconsistent from June-August.However, it is awesome to see them on a 9 game tear right now.....especially since they could ruin Philly's season (always a bonus). Plus Cameron Maybin has been a revelation.....reached base in 10 straight plate appearances....not too shabby.Also, I think some props should be given to the Marlins infield (who very quietly put up numbers that are eyebrow raising). They are having maybe the BEST power hitting season by one infield ever.With 8 games left:Hanley Ramirez--32 HRMike Jacobs--32 HRDan Uggla--31 HRJorge Cantu--29 HRIf Cantu gets over 30 (and since he has been really hot this month I think the chances are high), I am pretty sure they would be the 1st infield ever where all 4 players hit 30 HRs. Good season Marlins and keep phucking over the phils.
Those are some sick numbers. :club:
they already set the record. they are the first infield to have every regular over 25 home runs. So, every hr beyond that is just gravy.See, playing out the string like this is going to raise expectations for next year, which is a dangerous game. They should be able to keep most everyone, except Scott Olsen I think, but I don't think they are too worried about that. Sadly, the Marlins are like an episode of 60 Minutes. The clock is always ticking on their players. Uggla, the young pitching staff. With every year of major league service time the players get, the less likely it is that they'll stay Marlins. Cantu is probably another one of those One and Done guys that they sign, give ABs to, rejuvinate him, he signs a nice contract elsewhere, doesn't get regular ABs and goes back into the tank. that's the thing about baseball, to improve, you have to play every day.