"the Grand" Movie Trailer

Looks pretty good, i'll definitely check it out. Did anyone notice in the picutres of Woody Harrelson's ex wives, they used a picture of Jennifer Wilbanks. She was the psycho chick that the media named the "Runaway Bride"...lol. I got a kick out of that.Dan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand poker movies. They make me very angrey, usually at people who watch them and are really excitedwhen they guy says "I'm all in". People who generally don't have any clue about poker.
they obv shoulda hired u as an actor
I can't stand poker movies. They make me very angrey, usually at people who watch them and are really excitedwhen they guy says "I'm all in". People who generally don't have any clue about poker.
meh, you realize these people that don't have a clue about poker enjoying when the guy goes "I'm allin" are where the money comes from right?im pretty sure you need to move up in limits where they respect your raises.

It is essential for me to... kill something.... each day.The "scary German" is none other than film legend Werner Herzog. This movie looks amazingly funny, actually. I'm very excited.

I'm yet to be convinced.
I hear you........ but at least they are trying...... we need a rounders two
lol sooo angry! This isn't your typical serious poker movie though(which is the kind you are refering to)...it's just a good comedy where people can go have a laugh!

Quick facts from the official website http://thegrandthemovie.com/The movie was entirely improvised. Ray Romano filmed all of his scenes in two days. Brett Ratner, the director of X–Men 3, and Avi Arad, the producer ofX–Men 3, have featured cameos in the movie. Richard Kind, Hank Azaria, Andrew Newman, Tom Hodges and David Pressman all play poker together. David Schwimmer was originally scheduled to play Larry Schwartzman, but had to drop out to direct his debut feature. Lainie Schwartzman is loosely based on Annie Duke, a professional poker player whose brother Howard Lederer is also a top ranked pro. The characters are in no other way similar to their real life counterparts. Zak Penn’s first movie, also improvised from an outline, starred Werner Herzog as himself.Two cast members from The Grand were concurrently shooting No Country For Old Men. Woody Harrelson and Barry Corbin were flown back and forth between the two sets. Matt Bierman, co–writer and producer of The Grand, has played in a weekly poker game with Zak for ten years. The idea for the movie came out of one of those games.

Rounders 2: The Worm That Got Away
Was that a joke, or a suggestion?
Quick facts from the official website http://thegrandthemovie.com/The movie was entirely improvised. Ray Romano filmed all of his scenes in two days. Brett Ratner, the director of X–Men 3, and Avi Arad, the producer ofX–Men 3, have featured cameos in the movie. Richard Kind, Hank Azaria, Andrew Newman, Tom Hodges and David Pressman all play poker together. David Schwimmer was originally scheduled to play Larry Schwartzman, but had to drop out to direct his debut feature. Lainie Schwartzman is loosely based on Annie Duke, a professional poker player whose brother Howard Lederer is also a top ranked pro. The characters are in no other way similar to their real life counterparts. Zak Penn’s first movie, also improvised from an outline, starred Werner Herzog as himself.Two cast members from The Grand were concurrently shooting No Country For Old Men. Woody Harrelson and Barry Corbin were flown back and forth between the two sets. Matt Bierman, co–writer and producer of The Grand, has played in a weekly poker game with Zak for ten years. The idea for the movie came out of one of those games.
Good find and thats amazing it was all improvised!
lol sooo angry! This isn't your typical serious poker movie though(which is the kind you are refering to)...it's just a good comedy where people can go have a laugh!
Trust me, it would still make me pissed off.Fish make me angry for some reason.Some guy asked me the other day "where do ya play your poka tournament?!" It took a great deal of strength to not curb stomp him.The same kind of idiot you see sitting next to you live who wears the sunglasses and hat, protects his cardswith some crappy card protector his kid made, checks them after each street, and stares you down for a minute before each decision.

Whatever happened to the movie with Burt Reynolds called "Deal" or "The Deal" or something to that effect?[x] Shannon Elizabeth is only getting poker movies as her only gig now

fyp
I like the end where despite the fact that one player has way more chips than the other, since both say "ALL IN" the announcer says "The winner of the hand will be the next poker world champion". If you say "All In", it doesn't matter who has more chips.