How Do I Enter An Alternative League?

Why jokingly? It's in Ottawa this year, that's not that far away from 75% of the league GM's...
Well, I live within minutes of Scotiabank... I'm debating going (though presumably with Ottawa having a late 20s draft pick might be a while before any hometown action :club: ).I'd be fun if people want to come but no pressure... I'd rather have a meetup for the player auction than the entry draft.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could ref it but I'd have to give Serge a Match penalty right of the first puck drop for causing a travesty to the game of hockey. :D
Since its a one game thing, I would abuse the ref by slashing him in the shins....You can suspend me all you want.. :club:
any chance we can make this a ball hockey event....???
Sure, or how about ringette, or maybe a knitting contest? Or are you concerned about injuring your vagina?
Sure, or how about ringette, or maybe a knitting contest? Or are you concerned about injuring your vagina?
Well not every plays ice hockey and most probably havent in years..I am sure if we played ball hockey we get a lot more people able to participate.

I forget who plays hockey though in the FCHL. I'm going to take a stab and say myself, Rich, Darnelle, Dannyg, and thats it? I remember people saying from before, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I forget who plays hockey though in the FCHL. I'm going to take a stab and say myself, Rich, Darnelle, Dannyg, and thats it? I remember people saying from before, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
I am sure Arp plays
I played rugby for 15 years, if i learnt how to skate backwards i think i'd be ok on d.
I am sure Arp plays
I kinda suck on ice to be honest. But yeah, I do play. Haven't laced up in over 2 years though, miss it. Hard to find a good group of guys/right kind of league for my level in my experience. And I hate to admit this after the comments posted above, but I'm pretty good at ball hockey. Most of my friends play ball, not ice.And no, not one-on-one. In a rink, in a league.Seriously guys, I'd be really up for this kind of game, ice or not. Somebody make this happen!
I kinda suck on ice to be honest. But yeah, I do play. Haven't laced up in over 2 years though, miss it. Hard to find a good group of guys/right kind of league for my level in my experience. And I hate to admit this after the comments posted above, but I'm pretty good at ball hockey. Most of my friends play ball, not ice.And no, not one-on-one. In a rink, in a league.Seriously guys, I'd be really up for this kind of game, ice or not. Somebody make this happen!
You guys pick a date, I will arrange for the ice, the refs, and however many players are needed to fill out the teams.
You guys pick a date, I will arrange for the ice, the refs, and however many players are needed to fill out the teams.
Can you get a goalie? We'll probably be able to hire Andrew Raycroft but we'll still need another one.
I played tons of road hockey back in the day but I doubt I skate well enough to play on the ice unless I can play "Toronto d-man" (aka pylon).
Is this open to us groupies or just league members. If it is how about Sunday Feb 17 as Monday Feb 18 is a holiday now good ol Family day.
Is this open to us groupies or just league members. If it is how about Sunday Feb 17 as Monday Feb 18 is a holiday now good ol Family day.
If it happens it would probably be around draft time in Sept/Oct.

Sunday the 17th is out for me. I think most people are thinking a little longer term in the future.. And as for Raycroft, he can play but he plays for the other team. I've already scored on him, I know where to shoot...

Yes i was thinking September sometime...But I really prefer ball hockey..and ball hockey is actually for real men...Its a much bigger workout than ice hockey..imo

Yes i was thinking September sometime...But I really prefer ball hockey..and ball hockey is actually for real men...Its a much bigger workout than ice hockey..imo
Obviously you can't skate.

holy crap you guys plan well in advance. Well if Iam allowed I'd be more than happy to ref or play. Serge this should give you ample time to sharpen up your skating. Check out the public skating time at your local rink.