russ g is a complete moron

Just actually regstered and posted on RGP due to this ignorant jackass.blah
I hope you did a little research on him before you filed him under 'moron'. A cheater? Yes. A liar? Quite often. But the man does know poker, and not many top players have questioned his ability. Even when he was calling them all cheats, they admitted that he was a good player.Heh, make fun of his feminine shoulders instead; it's an easier target.Patrick
Just actually regstered and posted on RGP due to this ignorant jackass.blah
I hope you did a little research on him before you filed him under 'moron'. A cheater? Yes. A liar? Quite often. But the man does know poker, and not many top players have questioned his ability. Even when he was calling them all cheats, they admitted that he was a good player.Heh, make fun of his feminine shoulders instead; it's an easier target.Patrick
or his haircut. or his mustache. one weird looking dude. undeniably a good card player though.
read the RGP thread he posted on Daniel's challenge, he obivously doesn't get the whole point.Hence Moron
i read it, and responded to it before you did. Russ heard about the challenge via the out of context, twisted versions being circulated on RGP. The context, general idea, and stipulations of the challenge were not reproduced accurately on RGP (as almost nothing is). There is also a history of DN 'challenges' on RGP you are not aware of. You came off like a bigger moron than Russ.

Well Russ G responded with his own thread on there now besides the other thread out to get DN..Dont know if yall saw it yet. Maybe im wrong but if was gonna respond to a challenge id at least want to know what i was responding to. Russ didnt seem to have a clue and started adding in all these stipulations that make him look like just another tv chasing joke. Hes trying to publicize himself way to hard.

Well Russ G responded with his own thread on there now besides the other thread out to get DN..Dont know if yall saw it yet. Maybe im wrong but if was gonna respond to a challenge id at least want to know what i was responding to. Russ didnt seem to have a clue and started adding in all these stipulations that make him look like just another tv chasing joke. Hes trying to publicize himself way to hard.
once again, Russ hasnt seen the original challenge. he has only seen paraphrased versions which omit the intent and the stipulations. Russ also has a history both on RGP and with the NGC that you are likely unaware of.

which proves the point, why issue or accept a challenge, when you haven't read the source of it?Honestly, a friend told me that someone will give me 20:1 odds on the patriots winning the superbowl in feb '05I plan on calling them out on rgp (SW)

once again, Russ hasnt seen the original challenge. he has only seen paraphrased versions which omit the intent and the stipulations. Russ also has a history both on RGP and with the NGC that you are likely unaware of.
Heh, in other words, he's not really welcome in Nevada or California any longer. Plus, Russ seems to believe he wouldn't live long if he did so.Patrick
which proves the point, why issue or accept a challenge, when you haven't read the source of it?Honestly, a friend told me that someone will give me 20:1 odds on the patriots winning the superbowl in feb '05I plan on calling them out on rgp (SW)
ok, not wasting anymore time on this. You dont understand the issues surrounding russ/danny on RGP or in vegas. You dont understand the history surrounding both these individuals. you dont understand how often challenges like this get issued, and have been issued in the past. you dont understand how likely it is that this challenge was issued via word of mouth. To Russ' knowledge, there may not be a written source. You dont understand that Danny and Russ are trying to accomplish different things. In short, you dont understand any of the issues you are debating. Your superbowl point is also irrelevant. Russ called out someone about a POKER challenge on rec.gambling.POKER. if you called out your friend on alt.sports.football it wouldnt be too far-fetched.
ok, not wasting anymore time on this. You dont understand the issues surrounding russ/danny on RGP or in vegas. You dont understand the history surrounding both these individuals. you dont understand how often challenges like this get issued, and have been issued in the past. you dont understand how likely it is that this challenge was issued via word of mouth. To Russ' knowledge, there may not be a written source. You dont understand that Danny and Russ are trying to accomplish different things. In short, you dont understand any of the issues you are debating. Your superbowl point is also irrelevant. Russ called out someone about a POKER challenge on rec.gambling.POKER. if you called out your friend on alt.sports.football it wouldnt be too far-fetched.
Why don't you give us a little background on the Russ/DN situation.
Why don't you give us a little background on the Russ/DN situation.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.ga...niel+gca&qt_g=1
Who is he?Dutch.
Russ' history is pretty interesting. He was one of the biggest cheats in California, during the 70s and early 8os before the Gardena scandal broke out. He now claims to be cheating big online games regularily, although this is more difficult to verify. He has accused almost every big name that was around during the 70s of having cheated also, although this is heavily denied (obviously). Most find it easier to dismiss Russ as a 'crackpot' then be forced to consider that much of what he says could be true. One thing is for certain, he is an incredibly skilled poker player. This much has been verified by Doyle Brunson, Mike Caro and others.

just wondering why anyone gives him any credit whatsoever, since he has admittied cheating and scamming?When you admit to either of these, it doesn't matter how good you are, you'll always have a black cloud above your head.

just wondering why anyone gives him any credit whatsoever, since he has admittied cheating and scamming?When you admit to either of these, it doesn't matter how good you are, you'll always have a black cloud above your head.
Credit for what? for being honest? of course not. But we arent talking about morality, we are talking about poker. Did you read any of the links PMJackson provided? numerous pros have publicly stated that Russ is a world class poker player. Such names include Mike Caro, Doyle Brunson, Roy Cook, and our very own Daniel Negreanu. What do you think of the pros who have been accused of cheating, but deny it? Hint: the accused list includes many, many names.
Ok, so Jose Canseco used steroids. He's admitted this, wrote a book, went before Congress, etc. He obviously is doing all that for publicity and to help sell books, but does anyone for one minute doubt that Canseco knows a lot about steroids, or more importantly, steroid use in baseball?Russ G is a cheater. He's admitted this, created a web site, posted on RGP, etc. He obviously is doing all this for publicity/some persona gain....Get my drift yet?To ignore the things Canseco has said because he used steroids would be ignoring a valuable source/insight into the game. I views Russ G the same way. Do I believe everything he says? Of course not. Do I believe he knows a great deal about cheating in the poker world? Without a doubt.Patrick

russ, knows a great deal about poker, russ knows a great deal about cheating, russ knows a great deal about cheating in poker, but russ is still a crackpot.( according to russ theres 2 kinds of poker players those who have cheated and those he hasn't played against) :club: crackpot I tell ya!