Tu24 Asteroid: 1/2.5 Million Shot At Hitting Earth

It's supposed to come within 500,000 Kilometers from earth. Here are some videos that go more in-depth on the situation.

Like I said, very very very slim chance of this happening (which is why very few people are talking about it). I just figured this would be interesting to share since it's about a week away.Now lets all assume it's gonna happen and have wild animal sex all week!Wikipage on the astroid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_TU24Hey look, an article about it.LOL another link I found that says that we shouldn't worry(but still interesting): http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/01...rth-january-29/
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't be a problem once I have my robot legs. It's a risky operation, but I think it will be worth it.

I'm confident that a simple nuclear barrage would be more than enough to defeat any reasonably sized meteor heading toward us.
But what if the drill team just can't cut it with the astronaut training? Or, what if they all get arrested? What then LLY? What then?
I'm confident that a simple nuclear barrage would be more than enough to defeat any reasonably sized meteor heading toward us.
Isnt that what the guy who got C's in Astrophysics in Armageddon thought?
But what if the drill team just can't cut it with the astronaut training? Or, what if they all get arrested? What then LLY? What then?
The real questions is, "Do we send Robert Duvall or Affleck/Willis after it?" Clearly we're going to have to land on it and drill into it... for some reason, but we need a solid cast of actors to do so.
You fucker. Not only did you beat me to the Armageddon reference, you did it better.
Isnt that what the guy who got C's in Astrophysics in Armageddon thought?
The meteor in question is the size of the Sears Tower. The Hiroshima blast leveled a city. Modern nuclear weapons are hundreds if not a thousand times as powerful as the Hiroshima bomb. Now, I'm no physicist, but I think the meteor would be dust before it knew what hit it.Also, I am a physicist.
You fucker. Not only did you beat me to the Armageddon reference, you did it better.
All I want is to get paid for doing this.I won't take any backtime slips though. The first 24 minutes of the Wire Season 5 have taught me that. Now I'm gonna finish this episode.
Hello. Did no one see Deep Impact? It had Frodo, Morgan Freeman, and Mulder's wife.
All I want is to get paid for doing this.I won't take any backtime slips though. The first 24 minutes of the Wire Season 5 have taught me that. Now I'm gonna finish this episode.
End of episode 4... makes baby jesus sad.
Also, I am a physicist.
I know, that was my point.Wait, I didnt have a point.
I'll pay you in drinks and discretion on your faking the murders of transients.
what the hell? if this is actually legitimate, why haven't i heard about it?
Whoa whoa whoa. Theres an asteroid movie starring Morgan?How am I just hearing about this?
I honestly don't know. It came out about a week before Armageddon. For some reason, things falling from the sky were big that summer. There's a chance you'll remember it if you see it. Not that I particularly recommend doing so.So what's everybody's plan for the day the meteor falls. A lot of people would spend the time with their family or loved ones, or going places that they've never been before and doing things they've never done before. Not me, though. I'd BUY A METEOR SHELTER. (That was my Norm Macdonald impression. It's mildly funny if you picture him saying it with his weird voice. Okay, it's not funny at all. Go screw yourselves).
I honestly don't know. It came out about a week before Armageddon. For some reason, things falling from the sky were big that summer. There's a chance you'll remember it if you see it. Not that I particularly recommend doing so.So what's everybody's plan for the day the meteor falls. A lot of people would spend the time with their family or loved ones, or going places that they've never been before and doing things they've never done before. Not me, though. I'd BUY A METEOR SHELTER. (That was my Norm Macdonald impression. It's mildly funny if you picture him saying it with his weird voice. Okay, it's not funny at all. Go screw yourselves).
note to self: this LLY guy is going places
If things follow a similar path with the new lady i've been seeing, perhaps in a decade i'll have the same feelings towards Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox Story.
Read your post again, not this one.. the one before it. Life = Wife?