Official New York Rangers Thread

Well, we didn't get home ice, but we really didn't need it that much. It's not like the Prudential center is all that far from NYC anyway.
It's not like the Devil's were going to sell any tickets anyway. Honestly though I was a little disturbed that we came out so flat in such a big game, but the comeback makes me feel a little more at ease. Hank was a beast all game and I think if we're going to go anywhere in the playoffs he's going to be a major part of it. Jags played pretty strong and the only complaint I have against him was watching him try and go up against Clarkson. Hopefully we have Orr back to handle volatile situations like this during the series so Jagr can stick to doing what he does best. All in all I think it's going to come down to how Jagr plays. If he plays well...Rangers in 6 if he doesn't...Devils in 5.LETS GO RANGERS!!
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump this and pump this...Jagr,Avery,Shanahan,Lundqvist are the heroes of this years playoffsLETS GO RANGERS

So this will come off as trash talk and I have already openly admitted I despise the rangers but in all seriousness, what makes this Rangers team more equipped not to choke as usual in the playoffs?

So this will come off as trash talk and I have already openly admitted I despise the rangers but in all seriousness, what makes this Rangers team more equipped not to choke as usual in the playoffs?
I think they have a solid mixture of veteran playoff experience in Jagr, Straka and Shanahan with some additional scoring from guys like Drury and Gomez..And I also beleive they have the ultimate playoff performer in Sean Avery..He is insanely effective in the playoffs.They have a solid defensive core and the forwards play a defensively responsible game..Also their goalie Lundqvist is right there for the top goalie honours with Brodeur(in the east.) his 10 shutouts led the NHL..
I think they have a solid mixture of veteran playoff experience in Jagr, Straka and Shanahan with some additional scoring from guys like Drury and Gomez..And I also beleive they have the ultimate playoff performer in Sean Avery..He is insanely effective in the playoffs.They have a solid defensive core and the forwards play a defensively responsible game..Also their goalie Lundqvist is right there for the top goalie honours with Brodeur(in the east.) his 10 shutouts led the NHL..
But that all sounds like the same stuff I have heard in the past years and then come playoff time they tank it... and as a Red Wings fan I know how Shanny gets in the playoffs. I wouldn't use him as a barometer of how good they will be. But Drury should make up for that and so can Gomez I guess. I wish I didn't have class tonight so I could watch the game. I will only get to watch the SJ/Cal game.
But that all sounds like the same stuff I have heard in the past years and then come playoff time they tank it... and as a Red Wings fan I know how Shanny gets in the playoffs. I wouldn't use him as a barometer of how good they will be. But Drury should make up for that and so can Gomez I guess. I wish I didn't have class tonight so I could watch the game. I will only get to watch the SJ/Cal game.
should be a great series Sj/Cal...Calgary for the upset
should be a great series Sj/Cal...Calgary for the upset
For the most part I think all the 1st round matchups this year could be great. Col/Minny should be a good one.

Interesting stat..The Rangers lost only 3 games in regulation in the last 2 months of the seasonThe Devils didnt record a regulation win in the last 10 games of the year...IMOFWIW

Are you saying Shanahan hasn't played well in previous playoff series'?
Are you saying Shanahan hasn't played well in previous playoff series'?
Remembering back to his last three playoff appearances with Detroit, yes. Prior to that he had great series when we won in 96 and 01. But I am sure you will tell me something about scoring 3 goals in 20 some games or so is pretty decent playoff stats, right? ;)Or without looking I bet he did good last year with the Rangers. Either way, his last three years in Detroit were pitiful.Edit: yup, 5g in 10 games for the Rangers. There ya go. You win.3 goals in 22 games with Detroit his final 3 years here after scoring 30, 25, and 40 goals in the regular season. I distinctly remember the frustration those three years.

Somehow, Brodeur in a very uncharacteristic move lets in a short handed goal when he looks at the puck sitting in front of him for several seconds. The short handed goal broke the back of the Devils and allowed the Rangers to win 4-1.I think this was a good game, but not a great game. It was a great third period, but we seemed very weak at times and let the Devils play around way too much in our own zone. Gomez, however, was on fire and had three major assists. Jagr looked good, Shanahan didn't disappoint, Callihan had the aforementioned short handed goal by sneaking behind Brodeur and slapping it into the goal, and Avery finished off with an extremely satisfying charge to the net and smashing of the puck into a nearly open net. 1-0 in the series. I'll take it.

Well, we did sweep our first round last year and came very close to beating Buffalo in the second round. And our team is much better this year with more depth, great young players, strong veterans, good teamwork, a tricky style and of course King Henrik.
Well, we did sweep our first round last year and came very close to beating Buffalo in the second round. And our team is much better this year with more depth, great young players, strong veterans, good teamwork, a tricky style and of course King Henrik.
agreed 100%...rangers are going all the way
POTY imo!!!! Beers on me if you ever come to Long Island.
nice..A ranger fan in Long Island??That is good to see...
I couldn't find any others last night.... watched the game at a bar with 3 of my friends, all Islander fans. Had to hi-five the TV screen when they scored. :club:

Another win tonight after a crazy game. It was 0-0 going into the third period, but not for lack of effort. Strong defense and even better goaltending (especially on the part of the Rangers) kept the score tied at nothing for the majority of the game. But it sure got ugly a points. Especially in the second period, fights broke out between players after every stoppage of play. Even Gomez got into some tussles with former teammates. Parise's two front teeth were completely smashed by a cross check which resulted in a double minor that we killed with no shots on goal.Then in the third period, Jagr managed to pull off an amazing spin move and fire one just at the corner of the goal. It bounced off Brodeur's back and went in. 23 seconds later Avery fired a laser into the upper right corner giving us a 2-0 lead. Though they managed to sneak one past Lundqvist during the last minute 6 on 5, one could sense their immense frustration throughout the game as they were unable to score and really didn't get that many good scoring chances at all. After the game, the team and even the coach could be seen smashing sticks against walls. I guess we really got under their skin.

Another win tonight after a crazy game. It was 0-0 going into the third period, but not for lack of effort. Strong defense and even better goaltending (especially on the part of the Rangers) kept the score tied at nothing for the majority of the game. But it sure got ugly a points. Especially in the second period, fights broke out between players after every stoppage of play. Even Gomez got into some tussles with former teammates. Parise's two front teeth were completely smashed by a cross check which resulted in a double minor that we killed with no shots on goal.Then in the third period, Jagr managed to pull off an amazing spin move and fire one just at the corner of the goal. It bounced off Brodeur's back and went in. 23 seconds later Avery fired a laser into the upper right corner giving us a 2-0 lead. Though they managed to sneak one past Lundqvist during the last minute 6 on 5, one could sense their immense frustration throughout the game as they were unable to score and really didn't get that many good scoring chances at all. After the game, the team and even the coach could be seen smashing sticks against walls. I guess we really got under their skin.
I love this team, and the way they are playing....Sean Avery is a huge part of this team, and he is showing it again....Go Rangers
Born and raised on Long Island. Colisuem is 3 miles from my house. Was a Ranger fan several years before the Islanders ever played a game. Saw no reason to change allegiences. Well maybe 4 cups,but oh well.

Okay, let's win this one and really put the Devils on their heels. I think they're going to come out really hard and angry after last game. If we keep our cool in the first few minutes and don't let things go out of control, I think we'll have a great chance. We're the better team, so let's play our game and beat them.

Anyone else watching? Devils scored early, but Rangers answered back with an odd shot by Dubes that Marty probably should have stopped. It's a really exciting one so far.

SEAN AVERY!!!!We get a five on three. Sean instead of watching the play stands in front of the net, faces Brodeur, and does nothing but wave his hands and stick in front of his face, yelling the entire time. These two, if you don't know, have a history of really getting to each other (mostly Avery on Brodeur). Meanwhile a shot comes in, Avery grabs the rebound and slams it past the goalie. Rangers lead 2-1. Amazing and somewhat hilarious.

Devils score two in a row in back to back power plays, and then we get a power play to start the third period and Dubinsky scores again. 3-3 in the third. If this isn't intense, I don't know what is.