Pca 2008 Final Table Live

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

its an AUTO call after haffa looked at his chips and he was counting and didnt realize he had that much.I can't believe 93 didnt get there.

no way he folds 88 there either.
i agree too...but it was basically a snap call. wouldnt you think when a seemingly passive preflop player bets 5x the pot on an all in...40 blinds total....he may have better than a stone cold bluff?im sure he'd probably call...but that seemed like a "i dont care if i win or lose, because i already know how much im going to make" call.
i agree too...but it was basically a snap call. wouldnt you think when a seemingly passive preflop player bets 5x the pot on an all in...40 blinds total....he may have better than a stone cold bluff?im sure he'd probably call...but that seemed like a "i dont care if i win or lose, because i already know how much im going to make" call.
it wasn't a snap call.He asked for a count, and haffa said "5 mill" then counted and looke dsurprised that he had that much more. It's an INSTA INSTA INSTA call after that. There's no way that was acting.
i agree too...but it was basically a snap call. wouldnt you think when a seemingly passive preflop player bets 5x the pot on an all in...40 blinds total....he may have better than a stone cold bluff?
When I make the raise I already know what I'm going to do if he shoves.
it wasn't a snap call.He asked for a count, and haffa said "5 mill" then counted and looke dsurprised that he had that much more. It's an INSTA INSTA INSTA call after that. There's no way that was acting.
ok i thought it all transpired faster than that. mahhh bad

According to pokerlistings.com there was a chop Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier raises from the button and Hafiz Khan shoves all-in for a little over $6 million. Grospellier makes a quick call and shows 8-8 while Khan, perhaps motivated by the chop he and his rival have arranged, turns up 9-3 for the nut bluff.The flop comes 7-5-2 and the turn is the 4, giving Khan the open-ended straight draw as well as the overcard to stay alive. The river, however, is another four and this tournament is over; Bertrand Grospellier is 2008 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure champion!For the win, Grospellier gets $2 million in reportable income while Hafiz Khan officially earns $1,094,976. ElkY also takes home the overwhelming EPT vase/urn, an entry into the EPT Grand Final in April and a reported string of pearls, while Khan takes home only notoriety and the off-chance that the 93o is forever renamed the "Khan" in his honor.Congratulations to both finalists and to the PokerStars/EPT staff for an incredible tournament and, perhaps more importantly, the successful amalgamation of the Caribbean nation of the Bahamas into the European continent!

Which is why there is a good chance he's going to come over the top and you must already be considering this possibility.
When you are HU and you raise to 2.5BB from the button, you consider it a strong possibility that your opponent is going to shove 40BB?edit: ok you didnt say strong

F calling it the Khan, 93 is the douggy gilmour and he played it perfectly he just got robbed on the river

You don't go all in with 93o The only way your opponant folds is if they had something worse. If they have any King or better they are auto calling.Kahn had roughly 7 mil. All he has to do is double up and he's right there with Elky.

You don't go all in with 93o The only way your opponant folds is if they had something worse. If they have any King or better they are auto calling.Kahn had roughly 7 mil. All he has to do is double up and he's right there with Elky.
This is way off, if you think Elky is callign a 40 bb shove with "any king" you are def tripping. I'd say Elky calls with roughly 77+, and perhaps AJs+
This is way off, if you think Elky is callign a 40 bb shove with "any king" you are def tripping. I'd say Elky calls with roughly 77+, and perhaps AJs+
You are probably right with K. I've thought about it more. K10 or higher is probably more accurate. I think as loose as Elky played he probably also calls with any ace or better. You autocall with any pair there. I still don't make that move. You have plenty to play with. It's not like Kahn is short stacked there.Elky made a lot of loose calls throughout the last couple of days. One A7 call I think that he ended up winning. If Kahn folds there and doubles up a couple hands later lets say they are about even in chips.