Pocket Tens On Underboard

Note: Villain is tight/aggressive. My table image is tight. his "standard" raise size always was something like 810, 550(the level before) and so on, he never bet 4xbb so straightforward . Maybe he wanted to have the utg limper out. Possible to get away from this on a gut feeling?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t8250)CO (t6630)Button (t7355)Hero (t9040)BB (t5265)UTG (t4215)UTG+1 (t2865)MP1 (t5859)MP2 (t8375)Preflop: Hero is SB with T :D , T :club: . UTG calls t300, 4 folds, CO raises to t1200, 1 fold, Hero calls t1050, 1 fold, UTG folds.Flop: (t2750) 3 :D , 9 :D , 8 :D(2 players)Hero ???.

well there's about 3000 in the pot from my estimates, so maybe 1/2 to 2/3 size bet here, you should be happy to take this down right here, even though you have the overpair, or at least see where you stand.

well there's about 3000 in the pot from my estimates, so maybe 1/2 to 2/3 size bet here, you should be happy to take this down right here, even though you have the overpair, or at least see where you stand.
what do i do if villain shoves?

Folding here preflop is acceptable. Villain doesn't have the stack for you to play for set odds plus you don't have last action as UTG is still to act and you're OOP for the rest of the hand.If you feel like gambling, then shove preflop.

Folding here preflop is acceptable. Villain doesn't have the stack for you to play for set odds plus you don't have last action as UTG is still to act and you're OOP for the rest of the hand.If you feel like gambling, then shove preflop.
mhm.. probably right. if i think about it, i don't know what kind of flop i'm looking for there (i'm not playing for a set, i just call because TT is not a bad hand), esp against a tight opponent. i'll fold next time and try tind a better spot.

Your biggest stack at the table with rougly 30 bets compared to his stack of about 22. If you think it's a straight steal attempt then I'd flat call and c/r all in on flop. Otherwise, I think its gambling time and lead flop for a little over half then its read dependent if he shoves. I'd probably call a shove.

Where are you in the tournament? Close to FT/money? If not, I kind of like a shove preflop.
about 1000 entrants, about 500 left, 130 or so = money. average was about 4500 if i remember right.

If you flat preflop, you have to stack off on this flop IMO..I'd prefer to do it in a way that lets CO at least try bluffing at the pot, so I would C/RAIYou can't lead at the flop and then fold to a reraise, and you snap off his attempt to bluff if you lead. CO has 5400 left, and the pot is at 3K..So lets say you bet 2K, your not folding for his last 3.4K...Or at least I wouldn't with an overpair, that would be retardedSoo...Check, hope he fires a c/bet, and shove it..If he has an overpair so be it, but I don't think you can afford to C/F or even worse B/F when you take this preflop line

If you flat preflop, you have to stack off on this flop IMO..I'd prefer to do it in a way that lets CO at least try bluffing at the pot, so I would C/RAIYou can't lead at the flop and then fold to a reraise, and you snap off his attempt to bluff if you lead. CO has 5400 left, and the pot is at 3K..So lets say you bet 2K, your not folding for his last 3.4K...Or at least I wouldn't with an overpair, that would be retardedSoo...Check, hope he fires a c/bet, and shove it..If he has an overpair so be it, but I don't think you can afford to C/F or even worse B/F when you take this preflop line
Agreed. There is no reason to bet the flop here. Check and let him c-bet so you can check raise all in, getting more out of him. You can't really consider folding in this spot IMO. What other flop were you looking for, other than a set? Just hope he has AK and shove it in there.
that's what i did. he showed QQ. something told me he has the goods, but i wasn't able to follow my gut. i guess it was the 1200 raise, looked a little bit weird for a raise. next time i'll just fold the tens in this spot.
Where are you in the tournament? Close to FT/money? If not, I kind of like a shove preflop.
These to bits of information do not matter one iota, you play tournaments with the intent of winning, not straggling to the money or the final table.OP, can you please not make it so obvious what the results are in the thread title next time? Telling everyone that you lost the hand before they're even read what happens leads to biased responses. The question you should be asking is "How did i play this hand? Could i play it better? What is the best way to play these situations in future?" not "Can i get away from this?" I fold PF in the hand, i don't think this guy this guy is stealing with air or a weak hand because of how much of his stack he's put into the pot, i think the it's rare to see someone do that with a weak hand.His hand range here is imo something close to AK-AQ-TT-JJ-QQ-KK-AA.TT is about 40% against this range, so shoving isn't that terrible as people do stupid things and his range i probably a bit looser than that. I'm still making my mind up on how good/bad calling is because i think that although it looks bad flat calling from the SB in this situation, it may not be because the PF raiser is pretty shortstacked and that may change things.However, i lean more towards folding here because you've got plenty of chips and you're hand doesn't fair all that well against his range.