national heads up championship

Just a quick reminder that NBC is broadcasting the National Heads up Championships from 12:00-1:00pm today. Should be exciting!

Don't worry it wasn't that good. They didn't show very much poker just a ton of bio stuff about the various players. I hope once the field starts narrowing down that they focus more on the poker.

Stork, he's one of the better poker celebrities. And, I've heard of him ahead of a number of other guys that were there.On a side note...am I one of the few people that doesn't have gushing respect for Brunson's play? I know he's a poker legend and all, but I've never really seen him do anything spectacular. I guess maybe reading his book would help.

I am not sure where you can get last weeks episode but believe me you aren't missing much.The next ones are scheduled to air:May 8 from 12-1pmMay 15 from 12-1pmand the final May 22 from 1-3pm

I am not sure where you can get last weeks episode but believe me you aren't missing much.The next ones are scheduled to air:May 8 from 12-1pmMay 15 from 12-1pmand the final May 22 from 1-3pm

Sorry, I didn't think it was posting, kept freezing half way so I hit submit a few times. Guess I should be more patient :club: Anyone know how to delete posts?

Yea, I was pretty disappointed. It seems like I watched for an hour, but only saw a few hands. Not enough poker for my taste. On the plus side, the music was pretty good and I got to see Gus Hansen play a few hands. :club:

I thought the actual hands in the show on Saturday were awesome!!! I missed the first show, but I heard they have a reair on one of NBCs cable channels. I read the recap on their website, it sounds exciting. Did anyone see the big article in Bluff? Thats what got me hooked!

The reruns are on CNBC at various times...A lot of people seem critical of the coverage, but I don't think it's that bad.There's just no way to get that in-depth with the event being structured the way it is.

I had missed the original airing of the first show, but did catch a show on Saturday (no idea if this was a repeat of the first one), which I thought was pretty good. Then, they showed the round of 32 on Sunday, which again I thought was pretty good. Mr. Kotter was pretty funny!!! 8) I thought Daniel's caling of the turn and river cards in his match were something else, but the most entertaining match HAD to be Hellmuth's. Phil is the best, just ask him!!! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Heads-up Championship was one of the better poker shows I have seen in a while (the last couple of episodes for sure, not so sure about the first couple). Very exciting TV :wink: