I don't have an account, but I just checked the players at this table on sharkscopeno one at this table is a winning sng player on sharkscopeone of these guys has lost almost $100KI'm not sure what that means overall, but if you can't beat sngs ... If he's moving on us with something we still beat after being reraised PF and bet into on the flop, good for him.
last time i checked sngs are no where near the same thing as cash games
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as to not turning mid pairs into a bluf i think thats not true at all, i think hes turning hands like this into a bluf almost 100 percent of the timeand to add a little bit more into it hero was just stacked by this player about 5 hands before with hero had kk vs aa, so heros image might not be the greatest...so villian can definatley think hero is rr'ing light
I somewhat disagree about the mid-pair into a bluff line, but whatever. I mean, it's either they think the hero is tilting a little and RRing lightly and they're gonna try and showdown their JJ here, or they think that the hero likely has a bigger hand and they're gonna turn their TT into a bluff. I don't really think it goes both ways and I'd lean more towards them showing down the JJ type hands if they think the hero's mental state isn't the best.I think that if there are any considerations about the Hero's image and state of mind here, then I'm gonna feel much better about stacking off. The hero's play looks like a squeeze preflop a lot here and the villain can call with a wide range in position.
I somewhat disagree about the mid-pair into a bluff line, but whatever. I mean, it's either they think the hero is tilting a little and RRing lightly and they're gonna try and showdown their JJ here, or they think that the hero likely has a bigger hand and they're gonna turn their TT into a bluff. I don't really think it goes both ways and I'd lean more towards them showing down the JJ type hands if they think the hero's mental state isn't the best.I think that if there are any considerations about the Hero's image and state of mind here, then I'm gonna feel much better about stacking off. The hero's play looks like a squeeze preflop a lot here and the villain can call with a wide range in position.
stacking off for value??and what do you expect to be called by
stacking off for value??and what do you expect to be called by
I'm not raising. I already said that. Stack off = call down, whatever, all of the chips go into the pot.The flop is so dry, it gives him license to float with TONS of hands if he feels we reraised light in a preflop squeeze.On the turn, we're beaten by Ax hands that floated, 8x hands that raised UTG and called a reriase preflop, and pocket 5s. If he's floating Ax hands, it's not for value obv, so he could be floating anything. It's a question of frequencies. Did he float the flop on us or not? Is he turning a hand like 99-QQ into a bluff, or does he think it's the best hand? How often does he ever show up with an 8 here?Since there's really very little info provided about the villain in the OP, it's really hard to answer these questions.

stacks aren't that deep here which makes this hand not that interesting. check/calling is pretty standard and villain firing two barrels isn't that scary. In a game w/slightly more than 100bbs, you're rarely going to find a villain who floats that flop w/Ax, nevertheless calling what looks like a squeeze with Ax. The only hand I can think of is A5suited but even that's pretty farfetched.Look at the way the hand is played.utg raises, 1 coldcaller, and we re-raise from the small blind. Our range is weighted from AA-trash here. We bet near pot on flop, is he really going to float for a bet that's more than 25% of his remaining stack? I really find that hard to believe. It's not profitable or neutral ev and if villain likes to float for that much, then he won this pot and is going to bleed a lot of money in the future.Turn: Ace. The ace is a pretty realistic card for us to have given the situation. Betting here would make a decision tough for villain and push him to fold. Not what we want because he's only folding worse. Check/calling is best here. You want value from worse pocket pairs and you won't get it by betting. The ace here really doesn't change our hand's value. It prevents us from getting more action but in this case it's more like a 2 than anything. If villain has an ace here, then stack off. I find a5ss highly doubtful. Is he really going to raise utg and call a re-raise with it? Due to no reads, I'll just assume not because considering the situation, sb vs utg, a5 gets dominated there a lot, so he'll fold.That's why I said if you're going to stack off on a 855 flop, or 855x board, then you're check/calling and inducing a bluff.

BLAH BLAH BLAH More concise version of what Acid tried to say BLAH BLAH BLAH
I have no problem getting my chips in here. Like I said, c/c and donk river or just c/c twice is good to me.Deeper would make this much more interesting.

He obv could have floated you with ax here but Im really not giving him credit for an 8 or 55. Im check calling. If you bet hes folding all hands you beat, by checking I think he will bet as he did, and im calling and check calling river. Im showing this down, and I am not ever reraising the turn, and im not a huge fan of shoving the river as only better hands call, I dont think your getting ax to fold to a river shove, but somthing like AJ suited could check behind and save you some of your stack

Initially my low stakes thinking told me to bet/fold. After some intelligent discussion, check/raise made more sense. Since we've showed up with big hands at showdown, villain will have a hard time making this call with a hand as good as AJ/AQ. AK is certainly a large part of our check/shoving range. Also, basically all other options suck. Check/calling puts us in a really awkward spot. Villain likely shows up with midpair/air here a lot, and we maximize our value vs that as well.

Initially my low stakes thinking told me to bet/fold. After some intelligent discussion, check/raise made more sense. Since we've showed up with big hands at showdown, villain will have a hard time making this call with a hand as good as AJ/AQ. AK is certainly a large part of our check/shoving range. Also, basically all other options suck. Check/calling puts us in a really awkward spot. Villain likely shows up with midpair/air here a lot, and we maximize our value vs that as well.
C/R sucks. He should and probably will fold every mid pair. If he's got Ax (which as mikey mentioned, he never should) he will never fold for our shove, which is basically a minraise.

I quickly scanned what PT had to say about villain.this to me is pretty ugly.the way its been played and the info on the villain suggests strongly that he does not hold A,x.The way the hand has been played, his possible holdings indicate he likes this flop. either because of the rainbow low paired factor. or because he has a boat/quads.I dont think he floats here at all.. infact I do believe he c/c with QQ to see a cheap showdown. he c/c with KK to see a cheap showdown, and he c/c this flop with AA because he is not scared of being out drawn and puts our villain on a 2 outter. Our hero re-raised OOP even if our villain puts hero on AK, AQ he got there on the turn.So The A on the turn....hero checks. if we're villain, can we be sure this is a check of fear, or a check of "we just got there, now you bet"I think UTG's 1/2 pot sized bet is more information than anything. It looks like an attempt to find out how serious you are about the hand.The problem is figuring out if its an attempt to find out if you'll pay him off, or one that wants to know if you hold QQ,KK and are scared of the A.soo.. basically I just play at all in protection tables and disconnect and go to show down for free. :)edit: going with my initial read of villain wanting a cheap showdown with JJ-KK. I think this his an attempt to take the pot with QQ, fearing you probably have KK.

I'm no where near the level of play of you guys but I think the turn check puts us in an ugly position. Given the way we've played so far, I think we are screaming to the villan (depending on how often we three bet) we hold a high PP or AK. Now when we check with the ace it's seems like even more of a giveaway. I think I like the call and donkey shove here. But ISAP.

I would like to know for those of you who would like to have seen the hero lead this turn, how much would you lead it for? And if you did, would any respectable raise from the villian leave you pot committed? I'm way out of my realm by the by.

blah didnt want u to comment on it, just wanted u to see what was being wrote, you fish
C/R sucks. He should and probably will fold every mid pair. If he's got Ax (which as mikey mentioned, he never should) he will never fold for our shove, which is basically a minraise.
i think if u ck raise hes only calling with ak, maybe aq...imo, a check raise here is so strong
I would like to know for those of you who would like to have seen the hero lead this turn, how much would you lead it for? And if you did, would any respectable raise from the villian leave you pot committed? I'm way out of my realm by the by.
i dont necessarly like leading, because if he shoves you are in a sic sick spot and have a pretty tough decisionand i said i ddidnt like that particular line....my bad
i don't know how this is never AK or AQ but it can be a ton of other float hands.
never said it wasnt.......im waiting for friend to sign off of aim so we can develop a little bit of a wider range and get some other hand samples for sake of discussion

well i didnt wanna say the read that he had in the hand because it makes it a lot easier to playa little more info on the player was that he doesnt like to give up on pots, and his floating range is pretty wide here....theres more but i have to look through aim logshero ck raised allin, villian snap folded

well i didnt wanna say the read that he had in the hand because it makes it a lot easier to playa little more info on the player was that he doesnt like to give up on pots, and his floating range is pretty wide here....theres more but i have to look through aim logshero ck raised allin, villian snap folded
Aha I was right somewhat!I can playz at 25/50 now plz? lol