well i didnt wanna say the read that he had in the hand because it makes it a lot easier to playa little more info on the player was that he doesnt like to give up on pots, and his floating range is pretty wide here....theres more but i have to look through aim logshero ck raised allin, villian snap folded
With that read, I think check/raising is really bad. What I'd really like to do here is go for a weak lead on the turn trying to induce a shove, but that would work better if we were just a tiny bit deeper. If you're checking, it has to be to call down. All you're doing by raising is taking away villain's chance to make a stupid bluff on the river when he's drawing to two outs. (Which apparently, he's quite capable of.)
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little more info on the player was that he doesnt like to give up on pots, and his floating range is pretty wide here....theres more but i have to look through aim logs
well that info coulda helped
With that read, I think check/raising is really bad. What I'd really like to do here is go for a weak lead on the turn trying to induce a shove, but that would work better if we were just a tiny bit deeper. If you're checking, it has to be to call down. All you're doing by raising is taking away villain's chance to make a stupid bluff on the river when he's drawing to two outs. (Which apparently, he's quite capable of.)
i think thats actually a really good line
well that info coulda helped
well i didnt wanna give away the hand, with that it makes it a little easier to play

You won't be facing a large river bet no matter what you do on this turn.He's only got like 4k left if we call the turn, the way this hand played out, and the pot will be well over 8k.

The only reason the villain ever snap folds (or any kind of folds) on the turn is because he was bluffing or had some middle pair that we beat anyway. CRAI is kind of stupid here IMO since you can never fold out better hands or get called by worse ones due to stack sizes. Just c/c, c/c.