You are probably right. But as long as Stoops is at OU they will continue losing the big ones because he's not a big game coach.
This is how John Cooper lost his job at Ohio State. This is why Lloyd Carr was basically booted out of Michigan. This has happened to many other programs.I think Stoops is a genius, but if he continues to fail in big games he may find himself in the hot seat. It may not be justified, but the boosters will be calling for his head in no time if he can't win big games.
:club: at how much WVU is paying the new coach. It's like they sat there and said... oh the players like you, your a WV guy huh?? Guess that means we can give you a shitty contract and you will eat it up like a fat man at a buffet.
:club: at how much WVU is paying the new coach. It's like they sat there and said... oh the players like you, your a WV guy huh?? Guess that means we can give you a shitty contract and you will eat it up like a fat man at a buffet.
The other thing is that the contract for Stewart totaled the EXACT amount WVU is suing Rich Rodriguez for. Coincidence? Methinks not.
2-4 in BCS games. Which includes 0-4 in the last 4 games. And 48, 43, and 56 points in the last 3 games. And if you watched LSU they could have gotten 42 points easily.
I'm glad Stoops picked Oklahoma over Iowa that year..I'd be pissed if my Hawkeyes were only 2-4 in BCS games.
This is how John Cooper lost his job at Ohio State. This is why Lloyd Carr was basically booted out of Michigan. This has happened to many other programs.I think Stoops is a genius, but if he continues to fail in big games he may find himself in the hot seat. It may not be justified, but the boosters will be calling for his head in no time if he can't win big games.
he's never lost to Texas and and won a national championship, I wouldn't exactly say he can't win a big game. I know it's always "what have you done for me lately", but I think firing him would be a mistake. Did't they lose the starting QB right before the season last year and used a freshman this year? He's been much better than Cooper
he's never lost to Texas and and won a national championship, I wouldn't exactly say he can't win a big game. I know it's always "what have you done for me lately", but I think firing him would be a mistake. Did't they lose the starting QB right before the season last year and used a freshman this year? He's been much better than Cooper
Bomar couldn't even take snaps. I don't know why he ever started. Thompson was always the better QB. With Bomar and last years team I doubt they finish with a winning record. He's not a good QB. Bradford is probably the best freshman QB OU's ever had. He had one bad game all year really.

Troy Aikman barely played as a freshman. And when he played it was because the starter(Danny Bradley) was hurt. And he didn't play well as a freshman. Jamelle Holieway was good but he wasn't responsible for 34 TDs.

Troy Aikman barely played as a freshman. And when he played it was because the starter(Danny Bradley) was hurt. And he didn't play well as a freshman. Jamelle Holieway was good but he wasn't responsible for 34 TDs.
I missed where you said 'best freshman qb'. My mistake.