Ak, Top Pair Against Aggressive Betting

No real reads on this guy. Not 100% sure I made the right play here, what do you guys think?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($90)BB ($58.55)UTG ($80.60)UTG+1 ($50.80)Hero ($44.95)MP2 ($13.70)CO ($45.50)Button ($67.75)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold.Flop: ($4.50) 6diamond.gif, Kheart.gif, Tclub.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $8.5, Hero calls $5.50.Turn: ($21.50) 9club.gif(2 players)SB bets $36, Hero folds.Final Pot: $21.50

As you dont raise very much preflop its a tough spot. Try to get more money in there so you can go brooke on a good flop.On the flop you are actually about 55% vs 45% against this range:TT,66,AKs,KTs,QJs,AKo,KTo,QJo,QKo,QKs.So if he is a creative player its not that bad.On the turn you are down to 23%. So, assuming he is not a real asshat you should obviously fold the turn. Im wondering whether or not its wise to just call his raise on the flop though. Myself, I´d probably crank it upp more pre and happily get the rest in on the flop.

Eh, I'm pretty sure you were just bluffed off of that pot. Just about every time I see someone check/raise, and then lead out with a huge bet on the turn, it's pretty much a move that doesn't want action. I think you were probably good there.

standard. take a note on him, follow him around and see what he's doing this with. wait for a better spot and felt him.

If you're going to fold the turn when he bets your stack because you're afraid of a set, why not fold on the flop instead?

If you're going to fold the turn when he bets your stack because you're afraid of a set, why not fold on the flop instead?

It's too weak to fold on the flop as some players will raise with KQ,KJ here...
Do you play poker? Opening for 4 times the big blind is pretty standard.
Its very standard. Doesnt mean its that great of a standard really. However, I didnt mean to say that he did something wrong preflop. What I meant was that you really want more money in preflop to go wild with AK as its rarely becomes a monster to go brooke with in a small pot.

i re raise the flop if i call the check raise on the flop im calling the turn. i feel they are the same decison. however i feel the best line is to re raise or fold, which to me is read dependant

Reraise the flop.
i agree with this,but you realize his stack size right,if we re-raise the 8.50, we're looking to go close to 20ish as a raise. leaving us with 22.00 left into a pot (if he calls, of almost 50). or 70 if he pushes.
i re raise the flop if i call the check raise on the flop im calling the turn. i feel they are the same decison. however i feel the best line is to re raise or fold, which to me is read dependant
Could you possibly fold if he pushes for the rest? Because that seems a bit wierd, given the potodds we are about to recieve.But yeah, lets say he had QK. What would he do? Obviously he has to follow up on the turn when we only call. If he is not really strange. And if he is really strange then AK with toppair is a 100% go. So yeah, raise the flop and go brooke or fold the flop and wait for another spot. But then, if youre commited to go brooke and a QK or similair seems likely.. Maybe a call / push on turn is even better.
i agree with this,but you realize his stack size right,
At these limits, I think you see someone overplaying QJ or KQ or KJ or something enough to get it in here. Add in the times he's c/r as a bluff and I think we're ok getting it in with TPTK on this board for <1 buyin. I'd have no problem folding to the c/r from certain opponents, but mostly, just getting it in is fine.