Honesty, I am really lost in this hand. I'll take any advise I can get on the way I played this.I have played with villian before and he plays fairly straightfoward and is solid. My image is solid.Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Hero is BB with as.gif, kd.gif. 2 folds, CO checks, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, Button calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) 9h.gif, 8c.gif, kh.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.Turn: (7.75 BB) 5d.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.River: (11.75 BB) ks.gif(2 players)Final Pot: 11.75 BBI really have no clue where I am at. I put him on K-Js or K-Qs or possilby A-K also. Because of he just called my three bet on the flop, I didn't think he had a set.OK, thanks for the advise; I could use it!

Your range for him is too narrow. He raise on the button in a short handed game, which should mean his range is wide. On the flop I would narrow his range to include AK, KQ, KJ, Ax of hearts, Qx of hearts, JT, 98, 76, 99, 88, possible even AA, KK.On the turn we can probably eliminate the flush draws, KQ, and KJ, JT (unless it's JT hearts or 76 hearts)I play it the same, and check/call the river. The K didn't put us ahead of anything we were losing to, and we're still ahead of the few hands we were beating. The pot is too big to fold without a sick read.

I play preflop, flop, and turn the same.The river is very interesting though, however, all it really changed was that we now beat 89, which seems unlikely anyways, given pf action. I certainly think a set is possible here, 88/99 are quite likely, imo. I think, in a way, that river card is somewhat bad for us, as now it's less likely he has another king (as it would be the case). I originally was thinking bet/call, but after looking deeper, it doesn't really improve our hand that much, so I c/c.PS - Hands with 6 or fewer players should be in the Short Handed Limit forum just below this one.

Why?What has the river changed?Why not 3-bet the turn?
I dont disagree with not 3betting the turn...I probably would haveRiver now lets us beat 2 pair and we want to make sure we dont give a free check to 89 type hands.
I dont disagree with not 3betting the turn...I probably would haveRiver now lets us beat 2 pair and we want to make sure we dont give a free check to 89 type hands.
What two pair hands do we now beat?Villain raised from the button after a limp. He doesn't have 85o. 89 is literally the ONLY hand he could possibly have, and most players never raise that hand. We lose to every other Kx two pair hand, and of course a set still crushes us.

Plus the read is that the villain is solid, I don't think it's 89 either and prefer check/call on river. Unless you think our villain will raise us on the turn with KQ/KJ after getting 3-bet on the flop, which based on the solid read I don't think he does.

What two pair hands do we now beat?Villain raised from the button after a limp. He doesn't have 85o. 89 is literally the ONLY hand he could possibly have, and most players never raise that hand. We lose to every other Kx two pair hand, and of course a set still crushes us.
After the co post checked Id probably raise 98o most of the time on the button fwiw, but still the river doesnt change much in the hand and Id still c/c.