I just stand up and pray like Jerry Yang everytime I get it in. I win my races about half the time doing this. There is no god, or he just listens half the time. I am confident and positive I will win these 50% of the time.

I think at some point every remotely superstitious poker player experiences this. I don't really believe that pleading with the universe for a specific card will change my fate in a hand (even though I sure as hell do it anyway) but I do think that attitude plays a huge role in everything you do.I really hate those people who go through life attempting to blame their failings on anything but their own incompetence. If a person is so convinced that they're going to lose a hand before the hand is even over then they must be pretty f*cking accustomed to losing in the first place.Like Stu Ungar said, "Show me a good loser and I'll just show you a loser." and to me, a good loser is someone who can accurately predict their failings before they even happen.

I agree with most of this. I think that staying confident and upbeat would help your overall results, but I think some people, like drcossack, think its supernaturally improving his ability to suck out and win races, which is ridiculous.
No, I don't think that, heh.I'm not winning/losing any more races than I did 5 months ago - I understand the mathematics of poker enough to know better.I'm just not focusing on the "Oh great, I'm in a coinflip, I'm going to lose" mentality anymore. That was what made it seem like I could never suck out/win races. The "Royal me one time Lee" is just a joke because I actually hit a Royal Flush draw after I said it.It's essentially what I've bolded in AimHigher's post below:
I think at some point every remotely superstitious poker player experiences this. I don't really believe that pleading with the universe for a specific card will change my fate in a hand (even though I sure as hell do it anyway) but I do think that attitude plays a huge role in everything you do.I really hate those people who go through life attempting to blame their failings on anything but their own incompetence. If a person is so convinced that they're going to lose a hand before the hand is even over then they must be pretty f*cking accustomed to losing in the first place.Like Stu Ungar said, "Show me a good loser and I'll just show you a loser." and to me, a good loser is someone who can accurately predict their failings before they even happen.
When I honestly believed I could never win races, I didn't. I stopped thinking about it so much, and I still lose them, but I also win them.Do I think I'll get the card I need every time I call for it? No.Has my attitude toward poker in general changed since my break in August? Yes.Am I playing better as a result of a changed attitude? Hell yes.

I agree with Royal that if you're going to play fulltime, you have to have a positive thinking system in order to be successful. If you keep going on monkey life tilt and blowing up everytime something happens that statistically shouldn't, you're going to have a terrible poker playing career.But having anything to do with results: No way.

I just stand up and pray like Jerry Yang everytime I get it in. I win my races about half the time doing this. There is no god, or he just listens half the time. I am confident and positive I will win these 50% of the time.
Best post here.