Meeting Daniel Negreanu

So I am pretty excited when work sends me to Vegas for the weekend. I have to teach a bit Sat and Sun, but then for the remainder of the time, I plan on playing some live Poker.I have been an Internet player for three years, but have very little live experience. I hear the Bellagio cardroom is awesome. So I call them and ask a bunch of stupid questions like “Can I wear jeans and sneakers?, Are there limit games available lower than $1000/$2000?, etc” Once I learn I am “suited” for Bellagio, I happen to see in CardPlayer that there is a big tourney taking place. I immediately wonder if I will have a chance to see the hugely inspirational DN in action! I walk in on Sunday and bam – there he is. The AWESOME Card room guy Tim gave me some tips on getting a chance to meet him, so I wait until a break. I certainly want to be conscious of his short break time, and I also do not want to make a complete ass of myself. DN chats at the table for about 4 minutes then heads off to the bathroom. Well, I think, here is my chance. I follow DN over there and wait outside in his path back to the tables. He emerges from the can and much to my dismay is heading the OTHER direction!!!! I realize now after reading his blog that he is off to pray! How awesome. As I actually got to tell Daniel, one thing of many he has done for me (unknowlingly) is turned me on to the series of books “The Case for …” from Lee Strobel (sp?). Anyways, typical of DN, he sees me stepping toward him with what must have been a goofy expression so he turns back my direction to sign my Bellagio hat. It was one of those little moments in life you never forget. And I have already had great success at the tables wearing that new lid. I am NOT a superstitios player, but I think I might have picked one up now. DN – if you happen to read this post, thanks again for your graciousness and inspiring me to: 1) Play Poker like a gentlemen. 2) Constantly try to learn about the game/improve. 3) Explore the origins, meaning, and purpose of our existence! Anthony J. Sequeira

Daniel is that kind of guy. I usually follow him into the bathroom and force him to sign autographs with the hand he isnt using. J/K.....but seriously, everytime I see him in Vegas he is always great with his fans.

Daniel is that kind of guy. I usually follow him into the bathroom and force him to sign autographs with the hand he isnt using. J/K.....but seriously, everytime I see him in Vegas he is always great with his fans.
I usually just try to be behind him when he goes to back up a step so I almost (almost dammit!) get a handful of his cute little butt.DanielDaveNikVoodooLounge.jpg

"Wasn't Daniel praying for the strength to resist the urge to punch the throats of intrusive fans?"yes.. i know that all too well.. except not so much fans.. but more like doors. and not so much throats but more like solid oak. and not so much praying but more like swearing.. reminds me of bad beats.. good times.. good times..

• 2 weeks later...

it would drive me crazy having a bunch of rabid stalking fans following me around everywhere.guess if it was me and i wanted to be left alone i'd wear a hat, big headphones and sunglasses.ya know what would be great..... if someone follows hellmuth into a bathroom stall and videotapes him taking a dump on his break. that would make for an excellentthread