Father Killed Daughter For Not Wearing Hijab

Title says it allhttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/canada_police_crime_religionFather killed daughter for not wearing hijab, her friends say What's this OTTAWA (AFP) - Friends and classmates of a 16-year-old girl who police say was murdered by her devout Muslim father in a Toronto suburb told local media Tuesday she was killed for not wearing a hijab. Police said in a statement they received an emergency call at 7:55 am local time Monday from "a man who indicated that he had just killed his daughter."The victim, Aqsa Parvez, was "rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, but tragically passed away late last night."Her father, Muhammad Parvez, 57, was arrested at the scene and will be formally charged with murder when he appears in court Wednesday, said police.The girl's friends, meanwhile, told local media she was having trouble at home because she did not conform to the family's religious beliefs and refused to wear a traditional Islamic head scarf, or hijab."She wanted to go different ways than her family wanted to go, and she wanted to make her own path, but he (her father) wouldn't let her," one of her classmates told public broadcaster CBC."She loved clothes," another of her friends, Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, told the daily Toronto Star. "She just wanted to show her beauty ... She just wanted to dress like us, just like a normal person."According to her friends, Aqsa had worn the hijab at school last year, but rebelled in recent months.They said she would leave home wearing a hijab and loose-fitting clothes, but would take off her head scarf and change into tighter garments at school, then change back before going home at the end of the day.The victim's 26 year-old brother was also charged with obstructing police in the investigation

Title says it allhttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/canada_police_crime_religionFather killed daughter for not wearing hijab, her friends say What's this OTTAWA (AFP) - Friends and classmates of a 16-year-old girl who police say was murdered by her devout Muslim father in a Toronto suburb told local media Tuesday she was killed for not wearing a hijab. Police said in a statement they received an emergency call at 7:55 am local time Monday from "a man who indicated that he had just killed his daughter."The victim, Aqsa Parvez, was "rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, but tragically passed away late last night."Her father, Muhammad Parvez, 57, was arrested at the scene and will be formally charged with murder when he appears in court Wednesday, said police.The girl's friends, meanwhile, told local media she was having trouble at home because she did not conform to the family's religious beliefs and refused to wear a traditional Islamic head scarf, or hijab."She wanted to go different ways than her family wanted to go, and she wanted to make her own path, but he (her father) wouldn't let her," one of her classmates told public broadcaster CBC."She loved clothes," another of her friends, Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, told the daily Toronto Star. "She just wanted to show her beauty ... She just wanted to dress like us, just like a normal person."According to her friends, Aqsa had worn the hijab at school last year, but rebelled in recent months.They said she would leave home wearing a hijab and loose-fitting clothes, but would take off her head scarf and change into tighter garments at school, then change back before going home at the end of the day.The victim's 26 year-old brother was also charged with obstructing police in the investigation
RADICAL ISLAM FTW!These people disgust me and this religion of hate and death is the essence of evil.I've seen videos of the mob hanging of a 17 year old by a rusty cable, hoisted in the air slowly by a crane, basically choking her to death by dangling her body above the street for all to look at and throw rocks at. All because she had consentual sex with her long time boyfriend. He was not charged with any crime.I've seen videos of young women stoned for similar 'horrific' offenses. Absolutley un civlized. These people are animals.

i was saddened and dismayed to hear this.... having spent some time as a child in a muslim country (and being very caucasian non muslim.... in Saudi Arabia).... this is not the vision of the islam i came to knowand while it is so easy to sit here and rip the father for being a "radical fundamentalist bastard"... we should, for a brief second, put ourself in their (the family's) shoes.... obviously not losing sight of the fact that this ******* is now going to spend eternity in Dante's last concentric ring of hell... he killed his kid.... and thats wrong on every levelbut ok... here it is laid out (and im not making a case for being sympathetic to him at all)... you move from a country run one way... to a country 180 degrees opposite in its governorship... you're bound to have some culturization differences... copound that with the fact that your children will now lead a vastly superior life to yours in this new country.... and that may make the father feel threatened in his sense of order in the family.... the kids are immersed in western culture from the get go... and in this unfortunate circumstance the dichotomy of a religious fundamental background does not work with modern timeshaving said that.....it is also my belief... and a very simple one at that.... i think dennis miller summed it up best when he said "ok immigrants.. we dont mind you coming over here and elevating your life... but understand..we already have rules in place and we arent changing them for you.. so shut up and play by the rules or go back home"religious fanaticism (of any kind) has no place in our society heretruthfully i think whatever we call "God" has a lot bigger things on His plate than which one of our imaginary friends is the true one....anyways, i've ventedhappy cards everyone

i was saddened and dismayed to hear this.... having spent some time as a child in a muslim country (and being very caucasian non muslim.... in Saudi Arabia).... this is not the vision of the islam i came to knowand while it is so easy to sit here and rip the father for being a "radical fundamentalist bastard"... we should, for a brief second, put ourself in their (the family's) shoes.... obviously not losing sight of the fact that this ******* is now going to spend eternity in Dante's last concentric ring of hell... he killed his kid.... and thats wrong on every levelbut ok... here it is laid out (and im not making a case for being sympathetic to him at all)... you move from a country run one way... to a country 180 degrees opposite in its governorship... you're bound to have some culturization differences... copound that with the fact that your children will now lead a vastly superior life to yours in this new country.... and that may make the father feel threatened in his sense of order in the family.... the kids are immersed in western culture from the get go... and in this unfortunate circumstance the dichotomy of a religious fundamental background does not work with modern timeshaving said that.....it is also my belief... and a very simple one at that.... i think dennis miller summed it up best when he said "ok immigrants.. we dont mind you coming over here and elevating your life... but understand..we already have rules in place and we arent changing them for you.. so shut up and play by the rules or go back home"religious fanaticism (of any kind) has no place in our society heretruthfully i think whatever we call "God" has a lot bigger things on His plate than which one of our imaginary friends is the true one....anyways, i've ventedhappy cards everyone
Wait, wasn't this about the father KILLING the little girl?You can talk about cultural differences, the difficulties of a new country, how immigrants should understand our rules, etc. all you want, but it doesn't matter anymore.That bastard of a ****ing father SHOT his mother ****ing BLOOD related DAUGHTER over a petty religious idealism (and yes, once a daughter gets shot by the one person she should expect to NEVER ****ING SHOOT HER... religious idealism becomes very very petty) !!! I don't care how "culturally shocked" any father on these forums would ever be, but there isn't anyone I know that would ever execute his own daughter for any reasonSick piece of shit should be raped with a crowbar.
  • 4 weeks later...

Sadly the most perfect religion is involved in the most ugly crime. Father kills his child. Any muslim who immigrates in the civilized world should sign declaration renouncing any and all kind of violence - or go back home or to Saudi Arabia.Uncivilized people in the civilized world are a recipe for problems.

Truly disgusting...but can I step outside of the sickness of this story and point out something really quite funny?---"She loved clothes," another of her friends, Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, told the daily Toronto Star. "She just wanted to show her beauty ... She just wanted to dress like us, just like a normal person."Nothing like a little subtle racism in a news article lol

Truly disgusting...but can I step outside of the sickness of this story and point out something really quite funny?---"She loved clothes," another of her friends, Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, told the daily Toronto Star. "She just wanted to show her beauty ... She just wanted to dress like us, just like a normal person."Nothing like a little subtle racism in a news article lol
Doubtful 16 yr old girl friends had racist intent there.

Would this in any way be a national news story if the father had murdered the daughter because she had gotten pregnant or something like that? Or do we just make national news every time a Muslim kills somebody.

Doubtful 16 yr old girl friends had racist intent there.
I agree, perhaps unintentional humor fits better than subtle racism...either way it's chuckle worthy.
Would this in any way be a national news story if the father had murdered the daughter because she had gotten pregnant or something like that? Or do we just make national news every time a Muslim kills somebody.
What about the millions of mothers who kill there child every year, while it's still in the womb, just because it's about to ruin their life? What about the millions of lives you needlessly spill on the floor every time you happen to catch Wild Things on cable? Does that make the news?I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could get off just watching fluff about abortions and you beating off. But seriously, the guy was clearly nutso. There are billions of Muslims (I would guess?), and probably millions with rebellious daughters. If this were a common practice, where would we keep all the bodies?
  • 1 month later...
I dunno, this guy was obviously a psycho. He just happened to be able to blame his psychosis on religion. It's an old excuse.
I agree, a lot of nuts blame their deeds on religion, to get off lighter (I dont know how they come to that conclusion...)but this guy killed her specifically for not performing a religious act.