Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

Luke Adam!You liking that Newfie boy yet, Adam?
Like I keep saying...the kid looks like he BELONGS on the top line. That skating work he did on his own in the offseason is paying off with a top line NHL job that's now his to lose.
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam,It would be really cool if you got a Luke Adam jersey.You could have your name on the jersey, and it wouldnt be one of those jersey fouls.Look into it.

Adam,It would be really cool if you got a Luke Adam jersey.You could have your name on the jersey, and it wouldnt be one of those jersey fouls.Look into it.
How is it that this never occurred to me?Good call!
How is it that this never occurred to me?Good call!
btw...Good win last night.Im really hoping the Leafs and Sabres can put some distance between Boston and Montreal...Then we can challenge for the division.Ottawa isnt even an NHL team so not worried there.I have always said the mark of a good team is to win games where you have been outplayed for a good portion of the game. That is the difference between a championship team and a mediocre team.It helps that your world class goalie played great too.

Buffalo would have had no shot in that game if not for Miller playing an Olympic-level game for them...by all rights they should have been down 3-0 or 4-0 at the end of the first. That passing play at the end of the second was probably the prettiest goal I've ever seen out of the Sabres...well drawn out and perfectly executed. 2:14Additionally, Don Vanmassenhoven is the reason referees don't have their names on their jerseys. <grin>

Buffalo would have had no shot in that game if not for Miller playing an Olympic-level game for them...by all rights they should have been down 3-0 or 4-0 at the end of the first. That passing play at the end of the second was probably the prettiest goal I've ever seen out of the Sabres...well drawn out and perfectly executed. 2:14Additionally, Don Vanmassenhoven is the reason referees don't have their names on their jerseys. <grin>
The brain cramp by Kostitsyn with 5 seconds to go in the period was amazing.How do you leave a sniper like Vanek all alone like that.DUMB DUMB
That would be really cool.I got a Joe Nathan jersey for my son (his name is Nathan). He only wore it like 3 times and now he will never wear it again. He got it signed.
  • 2 weeks later...

According to Bucky Gleason, Thomas Vanek has 33 pts in 27 games going back to last season. Only Daniel Sedin, Jason Spezza and Corey Perry have more over the same period.

It'll be interesting to see what Ruff does with the goalies Tuesday against Winnipeg. Miller gets booed out of his own building after giving up 3 goals in 11 minutes against Philly, Enroth starts the next 2 games, and gets both W's. He clearly went off his schedule. Let's see how far he wants to take it.1. Ruff has been known to keep playing the lineups that are winning2. Ruff has been known to ride Miller into the ground3. Miller's head seems to not be right (on a personal note I think he's mentally fragile and needs to be coddled constantly; just my feeling from what I hear from him when things aren't going well for him)4. Enroth is now 13 - 2 - 3 going back to last season (4 - 0 - 0 this year)I think it'll be Miller Tuesday. He's had the misfortune of having the team play awful in front of him his last few games. Get him back in, get the team playing better in their own zone, and get the ship back on track.Jebus help him if he lets in a soft one early. The back up (goalie, QB, etc) is always the most popular guy on the roster when the starter looks even a little shaky. :club:

I wouldn't like to be Lindy right now...no matter which decision he makes it won't be popular (either you sit the hot backup or you sit the $6 million starter / Vezina winner). I don't see any way he can sit Miller for another game, no matter how well Jhonas is playing and no matter how much better the team plays in front of him. If Miller gets shelled again next game, then it starts getting interesting. It's a nice problem to have in any event, much better than having the backup equaling an almost guaranteed loss (Lalime era). I think Brad Boyes finally found his line...he looks great out there with Gaustad and Gerbe...playing his best hockey to date with a team leader and a nonstop midget engine skating next to him.

It's a nice problem to have in any event, much better than having the backup equaling an almost guaranteed loss (Lalime era).
Yep. It's nice to talk about how to give the team it's best chance to win rather than which game we can sneak the backup in and hope nobody notices.
I think Brad Boyes finally found his line...he looks great out there with Gaustad and Gerbe...playing his best hockey to date with a team leader and a nonstop midget engine skating next to him.
He's almost like house money at this point, right?To the greater point about lines; Ruff needs to quit getting jittery experimenting with lines. Let these guys play together and figure each other out. If he splits up Vanek, Pominville, Adam again I'm gonna honk my horn real loud driving by his development early one morning on my way to work.
He's almost like house money at this point, right?To the greater point about lines; Ruff needs to quit getting jittery experimenting with lines. Let these guys play together and figure each other out. If he splits up Vanek, Pominville, Adam again I'm gonna honk my horn real loud driving by his development early one morning on my way to work.
I'm not saying I don't agree, but that's life when you're a Sabres fan...people breathe oxygen, dogs chase cats, and Lindy juggles lines. Always has, always will. Luke looks fantastic on the top line...it's scary to think about how good he could truly shake out to be, considering he's a guy we got in the second round who wasn't supposed to do very much, even this summer if anyone had asked me I would have said to temper expectations. He's scoring PPG and doesn't look out of place for a second on a top NHL line with two guys in the top 10 in NHL scoring. I'd love to see him stick there all year...but Lindy juggles lines, it's just what he does. The only thing that sucks is the fact that we signed Leino (who I haven't given up on, but he's certainly disappointing so far) to be that top-2 centerman that we ended up getting for free in Luke Adam. I was never really a champion of the Leino signing (didn't love it, didn't hate it) but he really hasn't shown very much so far.

Adam,Should I not start Miller this week in my weekly head to head pool?The lineups are set before first game on Monday. My only other option really is Marty Brodeur.

Adam,Should I not start Miller this week in my weekly head to head pool?The lineups are set before first game on Monday. My only other option really is Marty Brodeur.
I'd start him...he'll definitely make the next start because Lindy doesn't want a goaltending controversy in the media and after Jhonas came nipping at his heels this weekend I'd expect some All-Star caliber netminding.