Official David Perron Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blues D is probably close to the best in the league. McKee has sat for so long because no one else has underperformed enough to fit him in. I think McKee has played fine but Andy has to come up with SOME reason to bench someone because of the Blues' ridiculous defensive depth.
Eric fricking Brewer should have been in the press box before McKee. I haven't felt as nervous about a Blues player being involved in a play since Roman Turek was in net.
I was considering taking him with my 13th overall pick, but wound up getting him at 48. I've actually been checking the boxscore of every Blues game to see how much ice time he was getting. Andy Murray was pissing me off at the beginning of the season, but Perron is getting it done with the ice time he is given. Glad to see him score 2 against the Wings. I had the 47th pick as well, and took Ryan McDonagh. We'll see how that turns out. Do any Habs or US College Hockey fans have anything new on him?
I remembered you asking about him when i saw this article: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/241182.htmlApparently he is develloping really well into a very good 2 way D-man. He plays the PK and the PP, is not simply a quaterback because he is very sound defensively. He has a great on ice vision and deliver huge hits. Trevor Timmins expects a very quicl jump into the big leagues for this kid. Tehy dont want to compare him to Chelios but they say he has his style on the ice, his skating is his best asset. He's 6'1 and 200 lbs.
I remembered you asking about him when i saw this article: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/241182.htmlApparently he is develloping really well into a very good 2 way D-man. He plays the PK and the PP, is not simply a quaterback because he is very sound defensively. He has a great on ice vision and deliver huge hits. Trevor Timmins expects a very quicl jump into the big leagues for this kid. Tehy dont want to compare him to Chelios but they say he has his style on the ice, his skating is his best asset. He's 6'1 and 200 lbs.
Thanks for the heads up. I drafted him because Gainey's record with the Canadiens has been tremendous, especially when it comes to "surprise" picks. I also liked how the first thing you always hear about him is his skating.
Thanks for the heads up. I drafted him because Gainey's record with the Canadiens has been tremendous, especially when it comes to "surprise" picks. I also liked how the first thing you always hear about him is his skating.
when he starts to be an imposing layer in the NHL he is going to be playing on a very well balanced Habs team with alot of very good young players, in 3 years we will have a pretty sick team, solid Goaltending D and Offense.
david showed up at the wrong rink for practice a week ago and missed a team meeting because of traffic... he's been scratched for three straight games now. harsh.
is this true???He was scratched because he missed the practice??that really is harsh
is this true???He was scratched because he missed the practice??that really is harsh
Why is it harsh? Murray is a stickler for detail, Perron learned it the hard way and won't do that again. I expect he'll be back in the lineup soon, but not for a bit, Murray doesn't like to tinker with the lines after a win (unless it's to put Jesus Brewer back in after fake back spasms).

Most NHL teams have that rule in effect: miss practice, get yanked from the lineup. Being late is usually dealt with internally by the kangaraoo court....

• 4 weeks later...