Fantasy Trade

Just wondering your opinions on this trade I made in my fantasy league. For now I won't tell you what players I traded and what players I received because there was one team owner in the league that believes this trade to be 'a little off' meaning it is unfair and suggesting I got the better end of the deal. The details of the trade are as follows: Ilya Kovalchuk and Dustin Penner for Scott Gomez and Ryan Smyth. Again, I am not gonna say what players I received in this deal until I get some feedback. Thanks.

Goals worth 2Assists worth 1It is a league just like the AHL where teams play against each other on designated game nights. Tonight is the first game night of the season.

the kovalchuk side wins to me in that caseboth players on that side are primarily goal scorers and both are younger whereas gomer is all assists and apparently hasnt clicked with jagr so looks like he wont be his center. smyth is a great battler but his career high is only 70 points and you cant see him going much higher.

I obtained Kovalchuk and Penner. I agree. I feel the Kovalchuk side won as well. I would not have made the deal if I thought otherwise. My main issue is that the guy feels like this deal is unfair. The team I traded Gomez to also has Drury and wanted the two of them together and they are a huge Ryan Smyth fan and wanted him as well. Player salaries and salary cap issues also came into play as well. I guess my real question is if any of you feel this deal was unfair?

Why would he accept the deal, then later complain about how it was unfair? Unless I'm not understanding the situation correctly, I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't think the other owner who traded for Smyth and Gomez is complaining seems like a 3rd owner in the league is upset the because he thinks the deal is lopsided but I think the OP should clear up who is complaining the other owner in the trade or another owner?
I don't think the other owner who traded for Smyth and Gomez is complaining seems like a 3rd owner in the league is upset the because he thinks the deal is lopsided but I think the OP should clear up who is complaining the other owner in the trade or another owner?
A 3rd owner in the league feels the deal was lopsided. I should have made that more clear. In the league I'm in all trades must be approved by all owners, if one owner objects there is a vote (excluding the teams making the trade) and majority rules. However, all objections must be legit (ie, collusion between teams). In this case, he eventually approved the deal but I didn't like him suggesting the deal was suspect.

there is some drama in my other Yahoo league as well, the FCP league has been really smooth, props to adam for the good work.Here's a tradr that was proposed to me ina pool where G and assists are 1 point.Eric Stall and McCabe for my Stastny and Chara...Would you Stay or Trade?

there is some drama in my other Yahoo league as well, the FCP league has been really smooth, props to adam for the good work.Here's a tradr that was proposed to me ina pool where G and assists are 1 point.Eric Stall and McCabe for my Stastny and Chara...Would you Stay or Trade?
I would take Staal and McCabe
there is some drama in my other Yahoo league as well, the FCP league has been really smooth, props to adam for the good work.
Thanks, but to be honest you guys are all pretty easy to work with. I've only had a few questions and concerns so far (some public, some private) and all I do is try to figure what's most fair for all involved and go with it. As long as a league has an honest and fair commissioner, there shouldn't be any huge issues.
I would keep Stastny and Chara
I would take Staal and McCabe
I would keep Stastny and Chara
thats how I feel. I could go either way. I'd like to lose Chara but I want to keep Stastny.hmmmmm.