Am I ever getting away from this? Second or third orbit, havent played too many hands, so no reads.Am I folding preflop? Do I lead the flop? How much? I thought leading was correct here, but I didn't want to commit myself if raised. Button is a competent player.Hero ($200)Villain (~$300)Hero is SB w/ [Js Jd]SB, BB PostFolds to MP2MP2 goes all-in ($11)Button Raises to $25Hero calls $25BB folds3-way Flop ($63)10d 8d 7dHero bets $35Villain raises to $100Hero ..

Any read on the Button?I think that with the action, that bet is likely only made with a better diamond, or a set.I think you can get away from this hand. You asked for information with your bet, and you've gotten it, IMO.

The flop bet is TERRIBLE. You're betting half of the pot on a monotone board with 3 straightening cards? You're asking to be raised, and he answered. He could easily be making a play, but you're a coinflip against AK/AQ/KQ with 1 diamond, or any pair and a diamond overcard. You're sometimes against a set or an overpair. You're really never in good shape here and this is an easy fold. I don't mind preflop too much, but the flop bet is just asking for trouble.

There are no overcards here, so whichever of your opponents has the AK or AQ missed their flop unless they have diamonds. You have a good pair, and a straight flush draw. So i would consider checking the flop and letting the others press the action.My opinion is that the villain was trying to isolate the all in player which tells me he either has a small pair or is just making a play at this pot with a diamond draw of his own. He wouldnt do that with a flush, but you have to consider him having an over pair here just because he re-raised pre flop. The fact that you bet a little more than half the pot tells me you are drawing.This is really a tough call. If you had been playing with him a while you could have gotten a read on how fast he bet it, how he usually plays, etc... This is either a re-raise all in or a straightforward fold and I dont have the guts to call here but something tells me you had him beat with better draws.

My opinion is that the villain was trying to isolate the all in player which tells me he either has a small pair or is just making a play at this pot with a diamond draw of his own. He wouldnt do that with a flush, but you have to consider him having an over pair here just because he re-raised pre flop. The fact that you bet a little more than half the pot tells me you are drawing.
If the pot was dry preflop I would say it's an isolation. Being that there actually is a substantial side pot, villian raises because we put out of bet for information bet and he gave us information that makes us fold our hand or because he's protecting a bigger pair.

I called for the same reason, that his bet looked like a weak pair trying to isolate since he has position and only would have to worry about me and the sb. On the flop, do I check/fold, check/call? I chose to bet because check/folding an overpair with a sfd seems weak, but check/calling OOP gives me no information and is generally a weak play without the nuts (at least on the flop).

you have to trust your instincts....if you truely feel as if you have the best hand you have to call but normally somoene will bet hard with an overpair to the board if there are 3 of the same suit on the flop so i would fold with the feeling that i had the best hand but will wait for a better time....I would have just checked the flop and see what he would do.

well if he checks the flop, and then he goes all in it might be a little different
If we c/r all in, what's likely folding to us at this point? Ad along with any other over card probably calls, as well as AdAx or KdKx. We're likely only getting in 50/50 at best, or way behind. I think we're rarely ever ahead enough on this board, now rill we have enough fold equity with our stack to make a c/r an effective play.

I think the key idea here is that we're like never ever dominating him here. He's either crushing us (where we're drawing to runner runner or mabye 6ish outs) or we're in a coinflip (if he's got 2 overs and a diamond, a pair and a diamond over, two pair, a bigger pair but no diamond or a set/straight). Easy fold.

I think the key idea here is that we're like never ever dominating him here. He's either crushing us (where we're drawing to runner runner or mabye 6ish outs) or we're in a coinflip (if he's got 2 overs and a diamond, a pair and a diamond over, two pair, a bigger pair but no diamond or a set/straight). Easy fold.
I agree. Based on that we are not dominating him, ever, we really can't go on with this hand.
The flop bet is TERRIBLE. You're betting half of the pot on a monotone board with 3 straightening cards? You're asking to be raised, and he answered. He could easily be making a play, but you're a coinflip against AK/AQ/KQ with 1 diamond, or any pair and a diamond overcard. You're sometimes against a set or an overpair. You're really never in good shape here and this is an easy fold. I don't mind preflop too much, but the flop bet is just asking for trouble.
What do you think the best way to play the flop is? Larger bet/fold or C/C C/F depending on bet size?