Hevad Khan Gets Signed To Team Pokerstars

Yeah...IIRC, there was a raise, AA flatted from the button, then Khan re-r from the blinds w QQ, and AA shoved?
That would be bad, but it was actually worse...Blinds are 3k/6kKhan is in the BBUTG +1 makes it 22k with KcJcHijack seat smooth calls with AAKhan makes it 74k from the BB with QQOriginal raiser foldsHijack asks "How much is it?" and then asks Khan "About how much do you have?"Hijack makes it 224kKhan moves in and proceeds to flop QQ8.The Hijack smooth calls the original raise, comes over the top on Khan's re-raise, and Khan moves in on him. How can he possibly have less than KK here?And the player with AA's real name is Rami Boukai, plays online as ArabiaNight. But there is an MMA fighter with the same name, anyone know if this is the same guy?
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate p5s search...It wasn't someone that plays a ton of volume IIRC, but someone....errrI think it was Arbian Night IIRC.
Yea, Arbian Night is a sicko.IURC.
That would be bad, but it was actually worse...Blinds are 3k/6kKhan is in the BBUTG +1 makes it 22k with KcJcHijack seat smooth calls with AAKhan makes it 74k from the BB with QQOriginal raiser foldsHijack asks "How much is it?" and then asks Khan "About how much do you have?"Hijack makes it 224kKhan moves in and proceeds to flop QQ8.The Hijack smooth calls the original raise, comes over the top on Khan's re-raise, and Khan moves in on him. How can he possibly have less than KK here?And the player with AA's real name is Rami Boukai, plays online as ArabiaNight. But there is an MMA fighter with the same name, anyone know if this is the same guy?
We don't really know the two players' history together. Khan could have walked through the logic this way...I know Rami is a successful online player and has played with me before. He has seen me put on a squeeze here with any two cards. He therefore could be breaking off my squeeze with any pair or a weak ace or even AQ.
We don't really know the two players' history together. Khan could have walked through the logic this way...I know Rami is a successful online player and has played with me before. He has seen me put on a squeeze here with any two cards. He therefore could be breaking off my squeeze with any pair or a weak ace or even AQ.
I'm not saying there can't be any other logic, it's just my opinion that the play was horrible.To bump this a little, through my (limited) internet research skills, I've been unable to find out if the Rami Boukai in this hand and Rami Boukai, the pro MMA fighter, are one in the same. I wish I had something to offer to the first person who finds out, but if anyone knows, please post...
I don't really understand this edit. Or the next edit.But, that's not even the point that Bob was making or the one that I had contention with. He wasn't talking about sponsering the next CPA that wins the WSOP "ZOMG anyone can win" ala Moneymaker, he was talking about Stars signing players based on the country they are from because Stars thinks that will open up more players from those countries.I don't know if that's true. I know that it isn't true for the USA, but I can't speak for how common people of different countries perceive the well known poker players.I guess one addendum to my previous lists for poker players is they must speak English well and that appeals to English speakers.
The point is that online poker boomed based on that wacky CPA, the dream that anyone can win. Pokerstars isn't interested in making anyone think they can be the next MJ, the $$$profitz is from making them think they can be the next moneymaker.I was joking about the 100/200 thing, I was just making light of the fact that most of those at the ME FT wouldn't inspire fear in the hearts of your average players, and plays out more like PS directly adding fish to the pool as publicly as possible.Totally behind Khan, though. Seriously, anyone who's ever seen video of someone really good at Starcraft online, it's a totally different world, like they aren't even human. Makes you look at those 20 SNG vids and giggle.

Also keep in mind that a lot of deals are struck before the final table plays out so that the site has the player locked up if they happen to win the whole thing.If JC makes a main event final table he for sure will have a nice deal waiting for him with somebody and the fact that he's Mexican would only increase his value.

Also keep in mind that a lot of deals are struck before the final table plays out so that the site has the player locked up if they happen to win the whole thing.If JC makes a main event final table he for sure will have a nice deal waiting for him with somebody and the fact that he's Mexican would only increase his value.
Think he'd get more or less than one meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelion dollars pesos?
I'm not saying there can't be any other logic, it's just my opinion that the play was horrible.To bump this a little, through my (limited) internet research skills, I've been unable to find out if the Rami Boukai in this hand and Rami Boukai, the pro MMA fighter, are one in the same. I wish I had something to offer to the first person who finds out, but if anyone knows, please post...
I'd have to say it's the same guy.http://www.sherdog.com/news/Picture_galler...mp;pic_id=29774http://www.cardplayer.com/players/photos/Rami-Boukai/1769