Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

I know a lot of people dont like Babcok, which is fine. He did something every interesting after the Leafs gave up the tieing goal, he put out Tavares,Matthews and Marner together on the next shift. They drew a penalty right away. They scored and never looked back..

Was a little thing but I found it interesting.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Great quote from Jim Ralph last night. "Babcock is going to get a ton of calls from parents , that their kid isnt getting enough PP time"

Just watched Friedman’s comments on Nylander. He is one guy who is really tapped into the players and who’s analysis I would trust more than pretty much anyone. Hopefully this was just speculation from him because I really want Nylander to be a Leaf.

From whats been out there, there is not a lot of leaks on this story. The Friedman thing is a bit perplexing. I hope he is just doing it to get views and clicks, which is the job of the media.

I find the Babcock comments the most telling. He has thrown in unsolicited and unprovoked comments about Nylander in recent press conferences and interviews. He is either taking a public jab at Dubas to make sure this thing gets done, or he knows whats happening in the background.

From whats been out there, there is not a lot of leaks on this story. The Friedman thing is a bit perplexing. I hope he is just doing it to get views and clicks, which is the job of the media.

I find the Babcock comments the most telling. He has thrown in unsolicited and unprovoked comments about Nylander in recent press conferences and interviews. He is either taking a public jab at Dubas to make sure this thing gets done, or he knows whats happening in the background.

The Friedman thing is the Toronto media. Just putting it out there for sizzle.

Babcock comments for sure is a jab at Dubas imo. Dubas wanted Sparks and won the fight and now this.

I know a lot of people are a fan of Dubas, and I am too. But if this situation goes south, its a black mark on his resume. I get standing firm and i get not being run over by an agent as well.

I think Matthews should of been signed in the off season. It was a no brainer , max term , max money contract. Mitch Marner should of been signed as well..Marner will now no doubt cost a lot more than he would of before the season.

Unless they have deals in place and just waiting to sort out the Willy situation. There is a lot of tough decisions in the off season that have to be made. The Matthews deal was far the easiest and I dont get why that wasnt done.

Lets hope this ends well and soon.

Auston Matthews after seeing Laine score his 100th goal in 179 games. "Hold my beer, I got this"

He needs 14 goals in 23 games to beat him. Dont count him out.

Lot of silly and fun tweets.

Best one today. The NHL 3 stars of the week all wear 29.

Hmm. Nylanders number

My gut feeling is a contract gets announced right before the deadline. My guess is 8 years 54 million.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it would just be a colossal mistake for Nylander to sit out the season. He'll never make up the money lost by sitting the year, not to mention losing a year of hockey in the primer of his career. Unfortunately for Nylander, the Leafs hold all the power at this point.

My gut feeling is a contract gets announced right before the deadline. My guess is 8 years 54 million.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it would just be a colossal mistake for Nylander to sit out the season. He'll never make up the money lost by sitting the year, not to mention losing a year of hockey in the primer of his career. Unfortunately for Nylander, the Leafs hold all the power at this point.

Let it be and we move on. I think if he doesn’t sign and sits out it doesn’t help his cause with another organization either.

I can't see anything else but that. This for a while has seemed like a last minute number, right? I am surprised at how last minute it truly is though.

And I like your 8. I think it will be 7 for 48mill. (just to be slightly different)

I really hope we don’t go thru this again next year. I would like the Matthews and Marner contracts done ASAP. But I doubt it’s happening during the season. Especially Marner