Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Yeah, and the goal was like a minute after that.... and we're still blaming the stick.
it led to the odd man rush, Kubina wasnt able to get off the ice , and yes IT DID lead to the goal..whatever I am not discussing this bullshit anymore
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I bet you do. :club:
The Toronto Maple Leafs is a team that I loveMe and the franchise fit like a gloveThe last two games in Florida have been sadI was really happy now I am really madOur Captain from Sweden will carry us to the promised landHe is an amazing talent and score tons of goal on the backhandWe are suffering some injuries, especially to our stud dmanHe will comeback soon and keep scoring as much as he canThe franchise in Toronto has lots of great historyWe have fans all the way from Alaska to FijiThe blue and white sweater is to be worn proudlyBecause this is the year we will bring home Stanleya poem by a fan

Status of serge's 10 game/13.5 wager..Boston- LOST POINT TOTAL 0Tampa Bay- WON- Point Total= 2at Atlanta- WON- Point Total=4at Montreal- Lost- Point Total=4at Carolina- OT Loss- Point Total=5at Tampa Bay- LOSS- Point Total=5at Floridaat Islandersat PhillyNew York Rangers YOU ARE DRAWING DEAD!

Status of serge's 10 game/13.5 wager..Boston- LOST POINT TOTAL 0Tampa Bay- WON- Point Total= 2at Atlanta- WON- Point Total=4at Montreal- Lost- Point Total=4at Carolina- OT Loss- Point Total=5at Tampa Bay- LOSS- Point Total=5at Floridaat Islandersat PhillyNew York Rangers YOU ARE DRAWING DEAD!
DID I MENTION YOU ARE DRAWING DEAD AND HAVE LOST THIS BET SERGE?????????????????
DID I MENTION YOU ARE DRAWING DEAD AND HAVE LOST THIS BET SERGE?????????????????[/size]
i havent lost it yet...they might go back and check the scores..you win...

I have been out all day..Prediction monster Leafs win..I mean monster...something in the range of 6-2...I am off to Darrell's home game..

HAHA..We won...They lost...MONTREAL,OTTAWA and other crappy teamsLeafs are back...merry xmas we will be back on the 26thHAHAHAHAAHAHwe are so good , so good I say

HAHA..We won...They lost...MONTREAL,OTTAWA and other crappy teamsLeafs are back...merry xmas we will be back on the 26thHAHAHAHAAHAHwe are so good , so good I say
I'm in the process of inventing a medication that helps control bipolar disorder in hockey fans. It will come in pill form and will resemble a little hockey puck. I think it will be of great benefit to people like you.
three words...RAYCROFT LOOKED BRUTAL
As much as I believe Raycroft to NOT be a starter in the NHL, you can't expect him to go back in after a month without a game and be sharp....
As much as I believe Raycroft to NOT be a starter in the NHL, you can't expect him to go back in after a month without a game and be sharp....
agreed
So then you dont think he makes much of a backup either I guess.Not trying to be sarcastic, but isn't that the job of a backup? I cant say, Ive never been a backup in the NHL. (shocking, I know)But some "experts" seem to feel they have to ready, thats their job. Others say "hasn't played in 2 weeks, you cant expect him to be sharp".So Im wondering....is the job of an NHL backup an impossibility?

After a shaky start, Razor has looked great..especially in the last couple of minutes with a couple of HUGE saves..

So then you dont think he makes much of a backup either I guess.Not trying to be sarcastic, but isn't that the job of a backup? I cant say, Ive never been a backup in the NHL. (shocking, I know)But some "experts" seem to feel they have to ready, thats their job. Others say "hasn't played in 2 weeks, you cant expect him to be sharp".So Im wondering....is the job of an NHL backup an impossibility?
Good career backups... think Manny Legace with the Wings, or someone like that..... one of their strengths is the ability to play well without getting much work. Raycroft has been a starter, and last year, a starter with a very heavy workload. You can't expect HIM to play well without seeing action. Think of it like a starting pitcher that becomes a reliever.. it's a different mindset, and it usually takes a while to make the adjustment...

I really didnt like the outcome last night...But I dont know what else to say...Its a fine line between winning in OT and losing...Posts, crossbars, breakaways..Either way..Fine line between 4th and 12th in the conference..Its a fine line between a happy win , and a hole in the basement wall..Fine line I tell you....**** , shatz, **** , shettThe universe this morning is still showing signs of globalization on the dubliewicz....Satan and Witt are also into the whole green effect , because a Thursday isnt the same as a Nassau Friday...

a Thursday isnt the same as a Nassau Friday...
I'll be in Nassau next Friday..... golf clubs in one hand, cards in the other.... I hope global warming is in full effect for the following seven days...
Good career backups... think Manny Legace with the Wings, or someone like that..... one of their strengths is the ability to play well without getting much work. Raycroft has been a starter, and last year, a starter with a very heavy workload. You can't expect HIM to play well without seeing action. Think of it like a starting pitcher that becomes a reliever.. it's a different mindset, and it usually takes a while to make the adjustment...
thanks Gruven, that makes sense. very good points. personally, i think he should be able to get over that as a professional, but that might be my ignorance about actually playing the sport at that high a level coming through.I found it funny watching tv/reading the papers how many analysts said Raycroft should be ready to go, and how many thought it was natural for him to be rusty.and have fun in Nassau, quite the perfect complement of weather/beach/cards.

For some reason I can't find this game on ANY channel tonight.CBC is showing MTL/TAM, which is the strangest thing ever, and my Centre Ice has it blacked out. It's not on LeafsTV or the NHL Network, or TSN or Rogers Sportsnet.Am I the only one?