General Discussion

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why I hate ESPN. Reviewing the greatest moments in LCS history, ESPN listed 5 moments from the 2003 and 2004 Boston-New York ALCS's in the top 13 spots, 8 in the top 50. Meanwhile, SI.com had a much more objective view. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html
just do what I did...quit watching ESPN
I have, and I love the fact that I don't have to watch them for the playoff baseball coverage. But I must admit that I still use their website way too often.
I don't even go there anymore. I get all of my info from sports.yahoo.com, mlb.com, and XM Satellite Radio.The only time I turn on ESPN anymore is to catch a baseball, football, or college basketball game.
  • 4 weeks later...

2007 Gold Glove winnersAMERICAN LEAGUEC Ivan Rodriguez, DET1B Kevin Youkilis, BOS2B Placido Polanco, DET3B Adrian Beltre, SEASS Orlando Cabrera, LAAOF Ichiro Suzuki, SEAOF Torii Hunter, MINOF Grady Sizemore, CLEP Johan Santana, MINNATIONAL LEAGUEC Russell Martin, LAD1B Derrek Lee, CHC2B Orlando Hudson, ARI3B David Wright, NYMSS Jimmy Rollins, PHIOF Carlos Beltran, NYMOF Andruw Jones, ATLOF Jeff Francoeur, ATLOF Aaron Rowand, PHIP Greg Maddux, SD

2007 Gold Glove winnersAMERICAN LEAGUEC Ivan Rodriguez, DET1B Kevin Youkilis, BOS2B Placido Polanco, DET3B Adrian Beltre, SEASS Orlando Cabrera, LAAOF Ichiro Suzuki, SEAOF Torii Hunter, MINOF Grady Sizemore, CLEP Johan Santana, MINNATIONAL LEAGUEC Russell Martin, LAD1B Derrek Lee, CHC2B Orlando Hudson, ARI3B David Wright, NYMSS Jimmy Rollins, PHIOF Carlos Beltran, NYMOF Andruw Jones, ATLOF Jeff Francoeur, ATLOF Aaron Rowand, PHIP Greg Maddux, SD
I'm not a homer by any stretch of the imagination, and I realize how bad my Reds were this season. But the fact Brandon Phillips didn't get the Gold Glove is an absolute travesty. He was BY FAR the best fielding 2B in the National League.
I'm not a homer by any stretch of the imagination, and I realize how bad my Reds were this season. But the fact Brandon Phillips didn't get the Gold Glove is an absolute travesty. He was BY FAR the best fielding 2B in the National League.
I agree with Brandon Phillips at 2B, and I think Tulo should have gotten the award over Rollins at SSwhat I thought was weird though was the fact that Rowand and Francoeur tied for the CF gold glove
I agree with Brandon Phillips at 2B, and I think Tulo should have gotten the award over Rollins at SSwhat I thought was weird though was the fact that Rowand and Francoeur tied for the CF gold glove
Has there ever been a tie before? Of the top of my head I can't recall one. I agree on Tulo as well. Prob a product of Rollins great season, but he was no the most deserving for Gold Glove.
Rollins is a poor pick indeed. Nice to see Youkilis get one...Coco deserved one too, but what can you do? REAL nice to see that someone other than Jeter was recognized.

Do you guys ever watch O-Dog play 2nd base? I think he probably saves more runs on a per game basis than any other player. I guess there could be an argument for Phillips since Hudson was hurt for quiet a while though.

Do you guys ever watch O-Dog play 2nd base? I think he probably saves more runs on a per game basis than any other player. I guess there could be an argument for Phillips since Hudson was hurt for quiet a while though.
that's part of it, but the biggest factor is that Phillips played 20 more games than Hudson (due to the injury of course) and committed fewer errors in the process
I am partially biased, living in Ohio and listening to all the Reds game on radio. Marty Brennamen, a HOF announcer, continually praised the defense of BP. In addition, the games I watched or attended, he makes the toughest plays look routine. That, in my eyes, is the qualifier for the Gold Glove.

Snubs include Troy Tulowitzki, Aaron Hill, Brandon Inge, Curtis Granderson (replacing Torii Hunter), Coco Crisp (ironically replacing his replacement Grady Sizemore), Yadier Molina, Albert Pujols, and Ryan Zimmerman/Pedro Feliz. This is of course not counting Brandon Phillips who I never got an opportunity to watch on D. I refuse to recognize him as an official TMoney snub based on his falter in +/- with 11 compared to Hudson's 20. Otherwise I would say that the other 8 men were easily better defenders in the 2007 season than their hardware winning counterparts. So out of 18 regular positions, they probably got 10 accurate. But that is with the extra OF glove being handed out. I don't even know, or care, who the third best outfielder was. But it certainly was not Jeffy Fran

Snubs include Troy Tulowitzki, Aaron Hill, Brandon Inge, Curtis Granderson (replacing Torii Hunter), Coco Crisp (ironically replacing his replacement Grady Sizemore), Yadier Molina, Albert Pujols, and Ryan Zimmerman/Pedro Feliz. This is of course not counting Brandon Phillips who I never got an opportunity to watch on D. I refuse to recognize him as an official TMoney snub based on his falter in +/- with 11 compared to Hudson's 20. Otherwise I would say that the other 8 men were easily better defenders in the 2007 season than their hardware winning counterparts. So out of 18 regular positions, they probably got 10 accurate. But that is with the extra OF glove being handed out. I don't even know, or care, who the third best outfielder was. But it certainly was not Jeffy Fran
If you aren't concerned too much about playing time, John McDonald deserved one too (though Jeter probably has one of Cabrera's well-deserved ones, so I'll let it slide).

Braun is Rookie of the Year. I guess being the worst third baseman....ever(?) didn't hurt him that much.What crap. For those that care:WARP1Braun: 3.9Tulo: 8.5for comparison:Ichiro: 8.7Andruw: 4.6 (he of the .222/.311/.413 line)Millar: 2.8So Tulo was kind of like Ichiro-good and Braun was somewhere between Andruw Jones in a horrendous off year and Kevin Millar.EDIT: Braun was better than Jones/Millar while he was playing. These numbers also take into account playing time, which Braun was certainly short on.

CC won Cy Young award! :club:
Definitely a good choice. The race was closer than the voting represented, I think, as Lackey and Carmona both had very strong cases, but I'm not surprised at the way it shook down because of the way voting is structured.
Definitely a good choice. The race was closer than the voting represented, I think, as Lackey and Carmona both had very strong cases, but I'm not surprised at the way it shook down because of the way voting is structured.
It was really close. What really gave CC the nod was the 40 extra innings and the lower run support. I was watching sportscenter and they said that Beckett did better in the postseason because he was better rested (pitched less), but CC was a big reason why the Tribe got to the postseason, so I am not disapointed that he pitched so much.
It was really close. What really gave CC the nod was the 40 extra innings and the lower run support. I was watching sportscenter and they said that Beckett did better in the postseason because he was better rested (pitched less), but CC was a big reason why the Tribe got to the postseason, so I am not disapointed that he pitched so much.
i sure think IT WAS ****ING RIGGED !!!!!! 20 GAME WINER??? come one . i no it dont count but WHO OUT PREFORMED IN THE PLAY OFF`s night after night YEA at least my main main dustin got rookie of the year for the soxs
i sure think IT WAS ****ING RIGGED !!!!!! 20 GAME WINER??? come one . i no it dont count but WHO OUT PREFORMED IN THE PLAY OFF`s night after night YEA at least my main main dustin got rookie of the year for the soxs
In the Indians thread, I posted some more stats about CC. In 9 starts, he got a loss or a no decision when he went over five innings and gave up less than two runs. 9 starts, over five innings, twor or less runs. Imagine if he would have gotten some run support in those games and he won 4 of them. He may have been 23-4 or some awesome number like that.