What Would You Do In This Spot?

No reads on Villian, im 6 tabling without PT. How would you play this hand on each street?Edit: My mistake, this was 200 BBs deep. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($46.05)BB ($14.40)UTG ($22.35)UTG+1 ($13.65)MP1 ($28.70)MP2 ($22.45)CO ($66.20)Button ($25)Preflop: Hero is SB with 2diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1) Jdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif, 3diamond.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.75, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $1.75, Hero raises to $4.5, BB calls $2.75, CO raises to $10.5,

I don't know... if CO has the nuts here he played it very strange. With a bet and a raise in front you usually can continue to inflate the pot. I'm no longer worried about the BB since he flat called your re-raise... He's got a single high diamond, possibly with a pair.This is borderline, but since I'm OOP and sandwiched I think I fold... and if this was some odd squeeze play by the CO then hat's off to him... although I'm really tempted to flat call and check-raise all in if no diamond or board pair hits.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1) Jdiamond.gif, Adiamond.gif, 3diamond.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.75, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $1.75, Hero raises to $4.5, BB calls $2.75, CO raises to $10.5,
With a seven high flush and half of the internet in the hand, I usually overbet the pot on the flop right off. Then, when I get raised, I learn something about my seven high flush. I think you have anough evidence to dump it without much shame. But it hurts, because there's not much sweeter medicine to dispense than a well-played 7-2 sooted.

yeah, this decision is poetic justice for being in this hand in the first place. It's like Harrington says, if you don't enter pots with these mediocre hands you won't have to make these hard/borderline decisions for your stack

yeah, this decision is poetic justice for being in this hand in the first place. It's like Harrington says, if you don't enter pots with these mediocre hands you won't have to make these hard/borderline decisions for your stack
Here is what I'd do: Stop completeing with 27s.
you guys are a bunch of nits. :club: Fold after the 15th raise :D
Hmm ... 7-2 isn't mediocre; it's BAD. But then I never read a poker book. Mediocre is where the money hides.Borderline decisions are where the money hides.Don't be afraid of mediocre. DO play it right, though.

i think it's a pretty easy fold...clearly CO is representing having flopped the nut flush, and worse than that you have a bunch of other people hanging around

i think it's a pretty easy fold...clearly CO is representing having flopped the nut flush, and worse than that you have a bunch of other people hanging around
KdJx plays this way. 333 plays this way. It's not CLEAR that we're behind on this flop. In fact, this looks like a strong hand protecting. Key question is why would CO smooth call the first raise around, THEN raise? WTF?
Key question is why would CO smooth call the first raise around, THEN raise? WTF?
The made nut flush could do this. First time around he slow plays it and hopes that the hero will tag along with the BB's raise. Then, when he sees that the hero likes his hand a lot (and that the BB is willing to play as well), he goes ahead and pumps it with the nuts.Now, if he doesn't have the nut flush, I agree with the "WTF?".

This could be so wrong it's not funny, but what if the cutoff also has middling diamonds (10-8, 10-7, 9-7), feels he has the best hand and flat calls the first raise to trap, but then puts hero or BB on a weird hand like K3 with the King of diamonds or some other random diamond paired hand and decides to protect his made-flush against a higher one?First comment in this part of the forum so please don't destroy me. Although now that I said that I know you will.

KdJx plays this way. 333 plays this way.
i don't see too many people play either of those hands this way...if Kd-Jx had just called in the first place then would there be any reason for him to re-raise after we put in the third bet? not usually, i wouldn't think...and i don't think a set would ever, ever, ever play it this way, they would probably raise first after being bet into or just call after the third bet since they know they are possibly against a flush and would be getting a price to draw out...why would he play a set by just calling on a 3-flush board and then raise? would he really want to trap on this board? maybe i'm an idiot but this is just what i would guess my opponent could be thinking
Key question is why would CO smooth call the first raise around, THEN raise? WTF?
the only reason i could think of for him doing this is having a big flush, most likely imo the nut flush, just calling to trap, and then once we announce that we have a big hand here he decides to lay down the hammer...why would another hand, besides a small amount of the time the Kd-Jx type of hand that we already talked about, play a hand in this manner?
This could be so wrong it's not funny, but what if the cutoff also has middling diamonds (10-8, 10-7, 9-7), feels he has the best hand and flat calls the first raise to trap, but then puts hero or BB on a weird hand like K3 with the King of diamonds or some other random diamond paired hand and decides to protect his made-flush against a higher one?First comment in this part of the forum so please don't destroy me. Although now that I said that I know you will.
welcome to the forums...i hope you don't take offense to this, but how the FUCC can hero have Kd3x? or any pair & flush draw the way he's playing... you dont 3bet OOP w/ bottom pair & NFD on this board... at least unless you're crazy / a donkey IMO... this is an EASY instafold IMO... i'm leaning towards us drawing dead 10x more than us being ahead.. what flushes do we beat? 4d5d / 6d4d / 5d6d that makes 3... not to mention this was a limped pot and it's fairly easy for the CO to have something gay like Kd4d here...i can't see him playing a set like that unless he took lessons from a monkey w/ down syndrome... even if he's scared of the flush he's flat calling your raise & trying to pair the board, not fuccin 4betting you after he flat calls... i see him w/ the nuts/2nd nuts & nothing else... i think even 10dxd is a little bit of a stretch as it's pretty obv hero has at least a baby flush....again: this is an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz instafold IMHO...hell, i'd fold this face up if it were live...
KdJx plays this way. 333 plays this way. It's not CLEAR that we're behind on this flop. In fact, this looks like a strong hand protecting. Key question is why would CO smooth call the first raise around, THEN raise? WTF?
this is not accurate at all. neither one of these hands plays this way, are you serious?? KdJx would NOT put in the 4th raise. Neither would 333. If anything, 333 would put in the 3rd raise. I would bet a ton of $ that the CO has a flush here, probably a higher one then 27 suited. the only ones you beat are like 65 or 45 suited. Its a cooler, but lay down.
Hmm ... 7-2 isn't mediocre; it's BAD. But then I never read a poker book. Mediocre is where the money hides.Borderline decisions are where the money hides.Don't be afraid of mediocre. DO play it right, though.
Wrong. Any hand that is suited is either a premium, or mediocre. It can't be bad. It's suited for christ's sake.

The minute CO decided to overcall the BB's raise, i recognized it pretty quick. When CO pushed, i knew i could get away from my hand with still $36 behind me, but i made a donk shove anyways. CO had Q10 dd. I played this hand so badly.

The minute CO decided to overcall the BB's raise, i recognized it pretty quick. When CO pushed, i knew i could get away from my hand with still $36 behind me, but i made a donk shove anyways. CO had Q10 dd. I played this hand so badly.
OK, I know I got scorched for my thinking above. I wasn't putting the villains on hands, I was saying what *might* make the plays they made. So, now to your situation. I think you can make a donk push. I DO NOT think you can make a donk call here. IMO
OK, I know I got scorched for my thinking above. I wasn't putting the villains on hands, I was saying what *might* make the plays they made. So, now to your situation. I think you can make a donk push. I DO NOT think you can make a donk call here. IMO
Yeah, calling is out of the question, should you even think about continuing with the hand. I guess one problem i have when i play micro limit NL, is that i make calls like this sometimes and justify them based on the fact that there are so many bad players that show a set or two pair here, but i realize that is something i need to get away from. Thanks for the input.
Yeah, calling is out of the question, should you even think about continuing with the hand. I guess one problem i have when i play micro limit NL, is that i make calls like this sometimes and justify them based on the fact that there are so many bad players that show a set or two pair here, but i realize that is something i need to get away from. Thanks for the input.
Just a note; pushing a set here with two callers is not a bad idea.
at least you've hit the nail on the head...better to make a bad fold than a bad call/raise...just cause SOME idiots do it, most people still wont... they're few & far between & if you ever notice it, take notes =]