Question On 2 Hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 (t1480)CO (t1640)Button (t1470)SB (t1400)Hero (t1530)UTG (t1500)UTG+1 (t1500)MP1 (t1480)MP2 (t1500)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: , K :D . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t70, MP2 calls t70, 4 folds, Hero ??is this a standard raise here or do you guys like a smooth call ever? its the 3rd hand of a 45man on stars. no reads of courseand one more..PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG+1 (t1380)MP1 (t1640)MP2 (t650)MP3 (t2060)Hero (t1330)Button (t1420)SB (t1840)BB (t1290)UTG (t1890)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :D , A :D . UTG calls t20, 2 folds, MP2 calls t20, MP3 calls t20, Hero raises to t100, 1 fold, SB calls t90, 1 fold, UTG folds, MP2 raises to t650, MP3 folds, Hero ???whats standard here. i was thinking fold with action behind but wasnt sure.. its kinda hard cuz these kids are pushing any pair and anything a-10+ and k-q+ when they are shorter...

First hand, with a call behind you, no need to risk building a big pot early on, i just call with the AK. On the second hand, we are either shoving or folding here.

Hand 1 - Call and see a flop.Hand 2 - What is the buy-in and and any reads on MP2? In a low buy-in tourney, this looks like AA or KK with a donk over-limping hoping to re-raise. Calling is bad, if he is a a very loose player I'd be tempted to push, otherwise fold.

1. I like putting in a re-raise with the AK here, You're out of position and should be looking to take the lead in the hand so you can win the pot either p/flop or by cbetting the flop, make it 200 more or so.2. Fold, I agree with breslin's reasoning

On the first hand I don't mind just calling disguising the strength of your hand. Unless you have a read that the villain can be raising with anything.On the 2nd hand, I have to agree with OP because sometimes these players have been pushing with almost anything. I would shove, personally I don't fold, I have no problem being in a race against the allin.

on the first hand, it could really go either way, i think i would prefer just calling most of the time since i would rather not build a big pot from OOPthe second hand is a pretty easy fold

That's what I love about this forum. In response to the 2nd hand, you have someone saying it's an easy fold sandwiched between two "I'd shove" responses.
What is your range for the overlimp shove???

First hand just call.. See the flop, figure it out from there.Second hand, I'd fold. Your "weak" shover knows a raise and a call are behind him, with *still* others left in the hand as well.. He's not squeezing, and he's probably not far behind AQ or slightly ahead. It's for half your stack, and there is someone to act behind you that is far more likely to want to play for all his (read: your) chips than to fold. You can make the argument that you could be ahead of the guy who's got a stack similar to yours, and you have an opportunity to come out either slightly ahead (or waaay ahead) after 5 cards are dealt, but I'm not looking to play AQ for all my chips against a lot of unknowns. This is an excellent example of why re-raising a limp parade with AQ just makes the decision harder for you and easier for the lemmings. They got the coin flip chance to take out a solid player, and your incredibile ability now allows you to fold and lose a % of your chips without seeing a flop with a top 15 hand. Poker is fun, for everyone.

What is your range for the overlimp shove???
A veritable cornucopia of hands that are at least 40/60 to win, along witha valiant big blind-defender to act behind you. I, personally, love tossing my chips in the middle chanting "I hope he has Ace-Ten, I hope he has Ace-Ten, I hope he has Ace-Ten"..... and then switching it up to "I hope the other guy that just overcalled has Ace-Nine.. I hope the guy that overcalled has Ace-Nine".....Really, what could possibly go wrong here? I love these odds!!!
A veritable cornucopia of hands that are at least 40/60 to win, along witha valiant big blind-defender to act behind you. I, personally, love tossing my chips in the middle chanting "I hope he has Ace-Ten, I hope he has Ace-Ten, I hope he has Ace-Ten"..... and then switching it up to "I hope the other guy that just overcalled has Ace-Nine.. I hope the guy that overcalled has Ace-Nine".....Really, what could possibly go wrong here? I love these odds!!!
This was a really awesome and constructive post.Thanks.
This was a really awesome and constructive post.Thanks.
Was it? I hate the practical application of range, because you generally give way too much credit to your villain or not nearly enough credit. I don't see the "squeezer" with any ace worse than ours, I see him far more likely for a pocket pair.,I guess the point was to be less concerned about what the shortie's range is, because it's the guy to act behind you with an actual stack that is going to determine where you are at in the hand.Bonus points for demanding we assign a range before we even know what level buy-in SNG this is.
Was it? I hate the practical application of range, because you generally give way too much credit to your villain or not nearly enough credit. I don't see the "squeezer" with any ace worse than ours, I see him far more likely for a pocket pair.,I guess the point was to be less concerned about what the shortie's range is, because it's the guy to act behind you with an actual stack that is going to determine where you are at in the hand.Bonus points for demanding we assign a range before we even know what level buy-in SNG this is.
I concur on the importance of this.Sorry about my post above, I was hungover when I wrote it.I don't mind gambling it up a bit here early in a 45man sng tbh though.Although there will undoubtedly be better spots for us to get our money in...esp with the blinds so low atm.Sigh, maybe it's not a re-shove......IDK.

1st hand, A lot of people like to make big reraises with AK. The problem is, those same people seem to also love going broke with AK. They get called by a couple people and then they keep betting all the way desperately hoping people will fold and they lose a lot of chips. In the big blind especially, I like the call. Don't feel like you need to go broke with AK. The players are very weak, see what you can flop. If you hit a big A or K, your hand will be well disguised. If things don't work well for you on the flop, don't be afraid to just check and ditch. A lot of people don't like this play with AK. They don't understand playing AK in such a weak manner. But the fact is, there has been a raise with some callers and you're out of position with ace high. Many times the only way to win this hand preflop is to risk far too many of your chips. Just take it slow.2nd hand, I agree with the raise preflop, but now it's time to fold. So many people think that because a bunch of players are moving all in with bad hands, you should start calling them with bad hands. This is NOT true. It's true, you might be a favorite, but why risk it? If he has any pair, you'r an underdog. If he has AK, QQ, KK, AA, you're in big trouble. And the thing is, you're taking a risk against a bad player. Why not just wait? Either these guys are gonna kill themselves off or they are going to make that bad all-in against you when you have a real hand. Right now, all you have is an A high, don't risk being even a 2-1 favorite agains these guys. Wait to be a 4-1 favorite or let them kill themselves off

First hand, reraise huge, no shame in going broke with AK.Second hand, limp when it comes to you in the first place. AQ ain't a premium early. Worst hand to go broke with ever. There is shame in goign broke in this spot.