Quick Vegas Trip Report

Long weekend in Vegas with Wife & other couple. In on Thursday, out on Sunday.AccomodationsFirst I'd like to give a special thanks to Steve Wynn for having the foresight to build an "European" style pool...If I die and get into heaven, it will be the "European" Pool @ The Wynn.Oh MyGod.I think I should have put sunscreen on my eye balls, I only blinked 4 times in 3 days @ the pool. Only "downside" was that 9 out of 10......make that 8 out of 10 of the breasts on display were phony - but nice phony!I cannot imagine staying anywhere else after staying @ The Wynn.PokerI didn't play nearly as much as I had planned. Turned out I wanted to spend some quality time with My wife and friends. Go figure. I gotta work on my priorities. Only sat for two sessions late Thursday/Early Friday @ MGM and Saturday Evening @ Caesar's. MGM was a snooze fest and just sucked the life out of me. I went up early and then donked it off when I lost my focus. I did not play well. The Caesar's session was more active, but still didn't play my "A" game and had similar results to the MGM. Down about 1/2 buy-in for each session. Didn't play in the Casear's Tourneys because they changed the structure & figured I'd rather play Cash games.Railed the Bellagio, Venetian, and Wynn Rooms. The Wynn room is quiet as a crypt. Looks pretty Tight. Bellagio is mecca, very active. Venetian was very nice, but seemed dead.FoodYummy.I have always wanted to go to Nobu @ Hard Rock and finally made it. Outstanding. Sort of a Japanese Tapas approach. We shared about 9 dishes and each was GREAT. Expensive, but not as expensive as I had anticipated.SW Steakhouse @ The Wynn was very cool. We ran into Steve Wynn's Brother In Law in the lobby - his son is also the President of the Property. He is sort of a "greeter" and treated us like we were worth a Million Dollars. He personally made sure we got a nice table. The meal and Wine were perfect (Bone in Rib Eye with a Chile Rub). Again, not nearly as expensive as expected. Comparable to any other upscale steakhouse.Italian Place @ The Wynn. Nice. Not "up scale", just very solid. Wynn's BIL was there too. Don't know if he had tracked our reservations, but it seemed odd that he was there at the same time we were. Moderately priced.Noodle Place @ Bellagio. Yummy. Only order ONE main dish for every 2 people. The portions are huge. The pot sticker appetizer was very tasty and would make a nice snack. Not "Cheap" but not over priced. Basic "Vegas" moderate Lunch price.OtherSaw Ka for he second time. Went last October and just really wanted my wife to experience it. Second time was just as good as the first time. After the show my wife realized she'd left her purse @ her seat. As she entered the lobby one of the users asked her if she needed help and she explained the situation. The usher waved her through. By the time she reached the theater, the usher inside already knew her situation and was waiting to help. The magic of those little ear radios!Wife & friends went to Jerry Seinfeld. They had fun while I played Poker @ Caesar's.

i would love to see the wynn.. it was being built when i lived in vegas....

You passed up a chance to see Seinfeld? I saw the show and it was ****ing awesome. Honestly the best live show I've seen of any kind. His opening act was some comedian friend of his named Tommy Papa and he absolutely killed. Seinfeld started a bit slow but then turned it on. My throat was sore the next day from laughing so much.

You passed up a chance to see Seinfeld? I saw the show and it was ****ing awesome. Honestly the best live show I've seen of any kind. His opening act was some comedian friend of his named Tommy Papa and he absolutely killed. Seinfeld started a bit slow but then turned it on. My throat was sore the next day from laughing so much.
Yeah, I know. The long version of the story is that when we were planning the trip, the girls and other guy all wanted to see Celene Dion. I said: "No thanks, this will be my opportunity to go play some Poker while you guys do something you'd prefer to do and no one feels guilty." Well, Celene is on vacation in August and so they "substituted" the Seinfeld show. Im not a huge fan and still wanted some time for myself, so I kept that time slot.

Okay, that makes more sense. If my wife wanted to see Celine I probably would have had a very similar response. But like I said, the Seinfeld show was awesome.Some woman actually tried to engage him in conversation from the audience and a guy yelled at her to shut up. Seinfeld's response: "That's why I love Caesar's, the hecklers heckle the hecklers. In my business, that's service!"Great show.

Okay, that makes more sense. If my wife wanted to see Celine I probably would have had a very similar response. But like I said, the Seinfeld show was awesome.Some woman actually tried to engage him in conversation from the audience and a guy yelled at her to shut up. Seinfeld's response: "That's why I love Caesar's, the hecklers heckle the hecklers. In my business, that's service!"Great show.
lol....at least he didn't go on a Michael Richards Rant!
Immediately, I knew you were a man of good taste. Can't wait to get out there in Sept.
Very difficult for me not to be a man of taste when wrapped in all that The Wynn can offer!...of course I do my best to ruin even that natural advantage.
awesome... how much were the tickets.. I used to live in vegas but never went to the shows.... it was just so much in prices when i checked... like 500 because i want the best seats.... i would like to see the amazing johnathon

Seinfeld was pretty expensive, the tickets came to something like $135 with all the taxes. But it was well worth it. And it didn't seem that expensive considering our Lance Burton tickets cost $75+tax. That guy was cheesy as hell. The problem with magic shows is that there is one at pretty much every hotel in Vegas.I'm sure Vinnie Favorito was a lot cheaper - he was headlining at O'Shea's...

Seinfeld was pretty expensive, the tickets came to something like $135 with all the taxes. But it was well worth it. And it didn't seem that expensive considering our Lance Burton tickets cost $75+tax. That guy was cheesy as hell. The problem with magic shows is that there is one at pretty much every hotel in Vegas.I'm sure Vinnie Favorito was a lot cheaper - he was headlining at O'Shea's...
thanks for the info.... you should go see the amazing johnathon... He has a magic show but he is so funny.... a must see im sure...