Do you have rakeback on tilt? Playing on stars is crazy, for the amount of hands you're putting in.We've all been through downswings. What other games do you play? Try changing it up maybe. Have you pokerev'd yourself with filters, etc? Where are you losing your money?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gah. In a $5r just before the break...Poker StarsPot Limit Omaha TournamentBlinds: t50/t1006 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t1425UTG+1: t16310CO: t1500Button: t3300Hero: t1730BB: t6535Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 8 :D Q :club: Q :) T :D UTG calls t100 (pot was t150), 2 folds, Button calls t100 (pot was t250), Hero raises to t500, BB folds, UTG calls t400 (pot was t800), Button calls t400 (pot was t1200).Flop: J :D 9 :) 6 :D (t1600, 3 players)Hero is all-in t1230, UTG calls all-in t925, Button calls t1230 (pot was t3755).Turn: 2 :icon_dance: (t4985, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t4375, Sidepot 1: t610)River: 3 :) (t4985, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t4375, Sidepot 1: t610)Results:Final pot: t4985 Omaha Hi Simulation666 trials (Exhaustive)board: jd9h6dHand Pot equity Wins qdtdqc8s 71.02% 473 4c6h5d7s 4.50% 30 <---winner..........4d9dkh6c 24.47% 163

Yeah. Just yea.Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $131.30UTG+1: $59.15CO: $44.05Hero: $53.25SB: $56.80BB: $37.25Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J :) 3 :club: A :D A :) UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: T :) 5 :icon_dance: 8 :D ($7, 3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.Turn: A :D ($7, 3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $7, BB folds, UTG calls.River: T :D ($21, 2 players)UTG bets $10.5, Hero raises to $30, UTG raises to $121.5, Hero calls all-in $14.Uncalled bets: $77.5 returned to UTG.Results:Final pot: $109UTG showed Qs Ts 9s TcHero mucks Jc 3d Ad Ah

Do you have rakeback on tilt? Playing on stars is crazy, for the amount of hands you're putting in.We've all been through downswings. What other games do you play? Try changing it up maybe. Have you pokerev'd yourself with filters, etc? Where are you losing your money?
No rakeback on Full Tilt. I had already been playing sporadically on all the major sites for about a year before I even knew rakeback existed.Over the next couple days I'm going to go through the session w/ filters and such, and maybe try to pick out some hands to post. I think mainly I really need to just take a break. Been playing a way higher volume of hands lately than I ever have before. So I think best course is to take a day or two off and when I come back really shorten my sessions and only play 1 or maybe 2 tables at a time.That loss was basically all my profit since I started playing omaha and nothing more, so really I got to play lots of fun poker for free :club: . Here's to starting over.

BooooooooYA. On this one I just minimized the table after shovelling and waited for a minute. It would either pop up when the action was on me for the next hand if I had a massive stack, or I could go back to it in a few minutes and find out what I lost to. Thankfully, it popped up.Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.505 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $77.25CO: $91.45Hero: $56.55SB: $112.55BB: $53.90Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A :club: Q :) A :) K :D UTG calls, CO raises to $2, Hero raises to $7.25, 2 folds, UTG raises to $25, CO calls, Hero raises all-in $56.55, UTG raises all-in $77.25, CO calls.Flop: Q :D 7 :D T :D ($99.45, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $170.4)Turn: 7 :icon_dance: ($99.45, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $170.4)River: J :) ($99.45, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $170.4)Results:Final pot: $170.40Hero showed Ad Qh Ah KdUTG showed 3c Ac As 4hCO showed 7d 9h 8h 6d

and just for you JCH - it does turn around if you ride it out long enough, just don't stop learning. Post hands, take advice. I credit these guys for turning me in to a half decent player at this stupid game. Here's today.1119or9.jpgand since the 7th1119mtdvf3.jpg

LOL. The 7th is almost exactly the day I believe I started running bad.Here is my graph from the 7th.luckff0.jpgDamn you bdc. You stole all my luck. :club: Seriously though, amazing graphs. Makes me feel good looking at them even if they aren't mine.

Interesting night for me. Ended up with 3/4 of my roll in play as shown below:ynighthr1.pngNo, I didn't go back to my old ways and chase my losses at 3/6 or something. Believe it or not, that money represents one 0.5/1 table, and three 1/2 tables. Had to make some extra buys early on and then hit a huge upswing after about 3 hours.P.S. Won another $300 before quitting after posting this image.

I can't do this. I just can't.Play for 30 minutes to 1 hour and it's fine. Then it all goes to hell. I don't get it. Nothing changes after an hour, but all of a sudden there's disconnections and LAG and everything.

Brag time: Here's my graph since I decided to start fresh at 0.25/0.50 with $1000 on October 12th. I've used good BR management throughout and haven't taken any shots that I wasn't rolled for.bragtp8.jpg

I can't do this. I just can't.Play for 30 minutes to 1 hour and it's fine. Then it all goes to hell. I don't get it. Nothing changes after an hour, but all of a sudden there's disconnections and LAG and everything.
Turned a corner. Managed to play a full 8 hour session 4-6 tabling today with no disconnections. Looks like they sorted it all out. Awesome.OH WAIT, NO. THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED. THIS WAS MY FULL SESSION WHICH ENDED WHEN I GOT DISCONNECTED AFTER LIKE 5 MINUTES:screenshot11222511nt1.jpg

Played a short 275 hand session just to get my ironman points today. I got NO cards at all, it was horrid. Stats were 11% vpip, 3% pfr, 1.44 AF. I honestly wasn't playing tight or looking not to gamble, I just sat there and folded for an hour and a half. I made a whopping 95 cents for my effort...lol Actually, I'm happy with that. In the past when I go through those dry stretches it's easy to open your range too wide and start playing hands that get you in to trouble. I'll take any +bb/100 in a small session where I'm just not hitting cards. Here's a funny hand though. Think these guys are passive much??Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $22.25Hero: $62.20CO: $29.20Button: $89.30SB: $38.25BB: $69.10Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T :club: J :D T :) K :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: A :) 9 :D 2 :D ($7.25, 4 players)BB checks, Hero bets $4.5, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds.Turn: Q :icon_dance: ($20.75, 3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.River: 7 :) ($20.75, 3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.Results:Final pot: $20.75Hero showed Td Js Tc KdCO mucks 3s 4h 2d 3cButton mucks 4s 7c 5c 3d

24% VPIP, 6% pfr
Your stats are better than they were (you were 32/4 IIRC), but I still think you need to be a LOT more aggressive.Stop open limping pretty much entirely. Reraise good hands in position against LAGs.Start isolating limpers. This is an important one IMO. When I last played (*sigh* about a week ago now) there was a player running at 56/1 directly to my right. Whenever he limped in, I raised. It didn't really matter what my cards were. I kept playing raised pots in position against a guy that was check/folding most flops. If he ever woke up I just let the hand go.Example:Stack sizes:UTG: $63.50CO: $32.90 <-- 56/1Hero: $61.10SB: $33.70 <-- 29/14BB: $128.95 <-- 22/8Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 5 :D T :D 7 :D A :) UTG folds, CO calls, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, CO calls.Flop: 9 :) 7 :club: 9 :D ($5.25, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $3, CO folds.