PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t6145)SB (t9004)BB (t5405)UTG (t10460)UTG+1 (t4455)MP1 (t1850)MP2 (t4020)MP3 (t6597)CO (t1886)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :club: , J :D . UTG raises to t600, 2 folds, MP2 calls t600, 2 folds, Hero calls t600, 2 folds.Flop: (t2025) 3 :D , 3 :D , 5 :D(3 players)UTG bets t600, MP2 calls t600, Hero A really weird spot, I have a slightly above average stack here, no real reads..What do we think about the cold call preflop? Then how about our post flop action?

Hm. Standard would be "push preflop" I guess, but I think I like the call here. UTG doesn't have to have QQ+ to make this raise, but I'd be surprised if he'd do it with a hand he wouldn't call a push with (which would probably be a coin flip at best then), so I think looking at the flop isn't terrible. On the flop anything but a shove would be a mistake though in my opinion, there's a lot of money in the pot, you have an excellent - yet somewhat vulnerable - hand, both opponents look weak and any other raise would more or less commit you to call a push anyway.

What do we get value from when we shove?
Does that matter? If Hero takes the pot down on the flop, he would increase his stack by almost 40% compared to the beginning of the hand - that's huge and not a bad result at all.
What is mp2 flat calling with? Do we only get called when behind or is 77-1010 calling here?
I have no idea about MP2, might be a monster, might be trash...And if UTG is a typical 4.40 player, it would be almost impossible for him to fold any pocket pair, imo.

i would pop it to 2500...if you flat call you give MP a chance to hit if for some reason he called with A-K or A-Q, and if he has spades he gets a free draw...UTG could have you beat, but if he does he will tell you by re-raising youif UTG shoves, i fold unless he is capable of shoving 6-6 through 10-10...if MP shoves, then i puke and probably end up calling

Typical 4.40 play probably says they have AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ or an underpairI dont see how your behind here unless they are really slowplaying an overpairA Push makes them pay to draw if they are obv. and u may even get called by a worse hand

FPS. Reraise to 3000 preflop. No need to make deceptive plays at this level.
I wasn't really trying to be deceptive..I have a good stack at this level and I'm facing a big utg raise from a player who could bust me and then a cold call in mp..
What do we get value from when we shove? Thats why I didn't feel good when I shoveled em in there..I felt like if called it was only going to be by 10s and up..What is mp2 flat calling with? Wasn't too worried about him..The only hands he flat calls with here are a flopped boat or quads..Can't be worrying about monsters in the closet from himDo we only get called when behind or is 77-1010 calling here? Miraculously I got an instacall from utg, with 66..I nearly sh it myself..66 is like never good there

I instashove this flop...if I am beat, gg me. I would put utg on two biggins or small pp and pretty much the same with mp2. From my experience in this price range of tourneys an overraise preflop, especially utg or ep, typically means weak PP.