Trying to get better at using these to help my thought process of what to do. Anyone got any good pointers or anything they have encountered that really helps?

Trying to get better at using these to help my thought process of what to do. Anyone got any good pointers or anything they have encountered that really helps?
Bwhahahahahaha.That was a joke right?

Click tells - hesitating, insta-calling, insta-raising, letting the timer run down, etc. - are at best unreliable in my opinion, usually they are completely meaningless and trying to interpret something into it is like trying to use telepathic abilities. ;-)Some people do so many different things while playing online, even if it's just multitabling, that your time is better spent thinking about your own play and your opponents' betting patterns than about the amount of time he takes to make a decision...

Click tells - hesitating, insta-calling, insta-raising, letting the timer run down, etc. - are at best unreliable in my opinion, usually they are meaningless and trying to interpret something into it is like trying to use telepathic abilities. ;-)Some people do so many different things while playing online, even if it's just multitabling that your time is better spent thinking about your own play and your opponents' betting pattern than about the amount of time he takes to make a decision...
I couldn't agree LESS. While the tell itself isn't as valuable as it is live, click tells are still very very useful.
I couldn't agree LESS. While the tell itself isn't as valuable as it is live, click tells are still very very useful.
I can't remember ever having consciously put anyone on a certain hand just by evaluating what the amount of time he took for making his decision means.And who know if villain let the timer run down because he spilled a cup of coffee over his keyboard or because he has a difficult decision?
What about false click tells :club:
I can't remember ever having consciously put anyone on a certain hand just by evaluating what the amount of time he took for making his decision means.And who know if villain let the timer run down because he spilt a cup of coffee over his keyboard or because he has a difficult decision?
You may not, but I have. Would you like me to list some examples?

This is a good spot to bring up something I've been working on. I have done some calculations, and I'm now fairly certain that I can beat the random number generator on stars, more specifically being able to analyze the thermal noise as an entropy source and developing a program to read these inputs. I'm putting together the paperwork to get Tritz on as lead consultant. I may be able to use someone of your ability and apparent sophisticated education.PM DNA4Ever or myself for more details.Jeepster

This is a good spot to bring up something I've been working on. I have done some calculations, and I'm now fairly certain that I can beat the random number generator on stars, more specifically being able to analyze the thermal noise as an entropy source and developing a program to read these inputs. I'm putting together the paperwork to get Tritz on as lead consultant. I may be able to use someone of your ability and apparent sophisticated education.PM DNA4Ever or myself for more details.Jeepster
Can you put a couple more pics up in your sig?
Preach on brotha man!
I can't remember ever having consciously put anyone on a certain hand just by evaluating what the amount of time he took for making his decision means.And who know if villain let the timer run down because he spilled a cup of coffee over his keyboard or because he has a difficult decision?
Most common click tells that I look for:Someone reships all in very quickly: for ex you raise on the button and they immediately go all in, this is almost never ever KK or AA, its usually a pair like 9's or AK. This happened to me yesterday deep in the 20k, I raised with TT and he reshipped me instantly, I called figuring him for AK and thats indeed what he had. If he really had AA or KK in this spot he would have had to have pondered for at least 2-3 seconds to figure out how to get the most moneyCalling a bet quickly on the flop/turn: usually means middle pair or a hand that could be best but they're not sure, it's also a drawing hand alot of times. Its almost never a big hand because as I said before, usually they'd need to ponder the correct decision for a little bit, and if its a drawing hand there is no decision except do i want to call or notObv these aren't 100% locks but they're pretty reliable for me
And who know if villain let the timer run down because he spilled a cup of coffee over his keyboard or because he has a difficult decision?
Well, just like all tells, they're never 100% accurate. Just more information to base your decision on. Not everyone does everything the same.

I'm gonna try and find all 6, but here are the first couple. They're all in the challenge threadhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=2044854http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=2025252Oh, and a bonus one by Zimmerhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=2020791The main tell is not really checking on how long they are taking, as you are right, it can be manipulated. But USUALLY, when people bluff, they tend to act strong, and acting strong in this case would be to instabet. Also, it's really easy for people to say "well when I've hit my draw, I will bet just as fast", 99% of the time, you don't. It's as simpleas that. If I put smoebody on a flush draw, and he instantly bets, you immediately think, well he probalby hit the flush. If he instabets, it's more than likely he DOESNT have the flush, because when you hit the flush, your first thought isn't bet immediately, it's "wait a minute, let me see how far I can take him to Valuetown", and that precious 3-5 seconds is more than enough for me to realize where he is at.More often than not, an instabet is weakness, you guys are welcome to do ti all day vs me, but the first thing people think when I make the first call is "WOW WHAT A DONKEY". The next time they have a hand, they will try and get more value because they think I'm more likely to call. And when they think about that value, I know they have a hand, so it's time to pitch.Hope that explained things somewhat.

Most common click tells that I look for:Someone reships all in very quickly: for ex you raise on the button and they immediately go all in, this is almost never ever KK or AA, its usually a pair like 9's or AK. This happened to me yesterday deep in the 20k, I raised with TT and he reshipped me instantly, I called figuring him for AK and thats indeed what he had. If he really had AA or KK in this spot he would have had to have pondered for at least 2-3 seconds to figure out how to get the most moneyCalling a bet quickly on the flop/turn: usually means middle pair or a hand that could be best but they're not sure, it's also a drawing hand alot of times. Its almost never a big hand because as I said before, usually they'd need to ponder the correct decision for a little bit, and if its a drawing hand there is no decision except do i want to call or notObv these aren't 100% locks but they're pretty reliable for me
LOL, either I am a retard or you are taking us to spots where you picked up on tells (you tricky *******) and not to the tells themselves. I saw them before but this time I am going to print them out.