Villian is 26/21/11.5 over 170+ handsAbsolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $138.50Hero: $292.12CO: $202.50Button: $10.40SB: $48.25BB: $68.20Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K :club: A :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: A :D 8 :D 3 :D ($13, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $9, CO raises to $27, SB folds, Hero raises to $80His 11.5 af was obviously the driving force behind this....thoughts?

Villian is 26/21/11.5 over 170+ handsAbsolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $138.50Hero: $292.12CO: $202.50Button: $10.40SB: $48.25BB: $68.20Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K :club: A :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: A :D 8 :D 3 :D ($13, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $9, CO raises to $27, SB folds, Hero raises to $80His 11.5 af was obviously the driving force behind this....thoughts?
This is one of those tricky situations where he could have flush draw + pair. He would also play AQ, or a set the same. I say you made the correct decision with the push and if you run into 333 then so be it
This is one of those tricky situations where he could have flush draw + pair. He would also play AQ, or a set the same. I say you made the correct decision with the push and if you run into 333 then so be it
He didn't push. Look how deep stacked they are. If CO comes over the top, I'm dumping it.
He didn't push. Look how deep stacked they are. If CO comes over the top, I'm dumping it.
Gonna be hard for me to lay down TPTK against aggrodonk after I already invested almost half my stack. Especially since we may have just forced him to push with something like a flush draw or AQ.
If you 3-bet here on the flop, it's because you're calling a shove.
Absolutely. If we're not calling the shove, we just call here. I'd usually hate to lay this hand down against a very aggressive villian so I'd rather watch him bluff more chips and maybe pay him off if he's really got a strong hand (which most of the time he doesn't). Calling here is going to help you lose less when you're behind and possibly win the same amount against an aggressive villian when you're ahead.

I dont see why we have to call a shove here....this villian is capable of raising this flop with AQ, KQclubs maybe even AJ...and maybe more along with those hands that DO have me beat. My reasoning behind the 3bet is that its large enough where he cant just call....he now has to push or fold. and IMO he still has enough behind where i'm not priced in to calling a shove. I also wouldnt call him a donk....he's just really aggro postflop. He'll raise me with a FD or AQ and the like, but he's smart enough to get away from them in this spot (i think)

i agree that once we raise to $80 we tied ourself to the hand, and I am ok with that. You are probably good here way more than you aren't but he is going to turn over a set a decent chunk of the time.

The points that people made are valid and you ARE going to have to call if he shoves. The pot will be offering you in the neighborhood of 2.5 to 1. If he's as aggressive as you are representing him to be, then he could be shoveling a naked flush draw, a flush draw and a gutshot, a worse ace, the same hand, a set, or two pair. I'm sure someone could stove this for you, but the idea is that you're calling the shove if you're going to invest most of HIS stack here. If you opted for a smaller 3-bet amount (not advisable) then you could consider folding, but as it plays out, if he shoves, you just gotta call.You also said it yourself. He can't just call, so he should be pushing or folding his entire range against you here.

Against someone that aggressive, I like the 3-bet here. Just make sure that you are also 3-betting other hands like flush draws and sometimes bluffs so that he can't put you on a hand as easily.