A Pair, A Flush Draw And Action

I'm not sure about this one. I wet my pants whenever I get a pair and flush draw (that's my tell), but in this case, against a competent villain it seems more marginal. Here's how I see it, the villain led at a pot with 5 other people in it, where he was first to act. He's not bluffing with air here. two people call and then the hero puts in a healthy raise. Immediately the villain raises more, enough to commit him to the pot, enough to scare away the riff raff, but he didn't shovel. The range you guys already put in seems about right. Would the way he raised immediately though lead us to believe that he is more likely on a draw than a made hand? I mean, if I were there with two pair, and I had been recently bluffed out of a pot by the hero, and I got raised, I would probably reraise, but I would still take some time to consider what my actions should be, how much to raise, even consider raising at all. It wouldn't be automatic. But the classic tell for a lot of players is that if they act quickly they are usually drawing. Could he be taking a stand with 5 :club: 4 :D , or 10 :D 8 :D? Is he the type of player that would make that tell? I vote for a shove. The math is there and his actions would tell me that he's more likely on a draw.

This is another one of those "it's more interesting from the villain's perspective" hands.I was the villain in this hand and subsequently the other hand posted as well where I had middle pair and almost stacked off for 2K on the turn becuase his play made no sense. The button did end up shoving after some thought with the 79hh and I of course beat him into the pot since I'd already put in 2/3 of my chips. I had flopped top 2 which was as bad as a set for him to see. The board bricked out and I won a nice pot.After stoving the ranges, I find it really interesting that even against a very accurate range of two pair and sets only, the 79hh is still only a 3-2 dog and is getting the right odds to play for my stack. Conceptually, for me at least, I thought it was a much worse play than that. I would've had a tough time with any of the options if I were sitting there with the pair and the flush draw.I gotta find some hands that are more interesting from my own perspective, but lately the pots that I have been playing have been rather straight forward from my standpoint, but fairly interesting if you're sitting in the villain's shoes.

I'm raising this pre-flop very often depending on who and how deep the limpers are. Villain's showing a lot of strength leading into a field from OOP on a coordinated flop, so I don't really like the flop raise, especially if you aren't going to know what to do when he 3-bets. You're setting yourself to play for stacks, but I doubt you have anywhere near the equity you need to do that, since the range of hands with which he's going to get it in for $1600 generally leaves you drawing to at 8 to 11 outs, not 14. I'd just call flop, but as played, go ahead and stick it in now. Consider it good meta-game for when you flop a set.

I don't see how either player folds in this situation. Shoving has no FE, but you aren't folding to flop raise. I'd call, maybe, and fold if board pairs on turn.Mark

I don't see how either player folds in this situation. Shoving has no FE, but you aren't folding to flop raise. I'd call, maybe, and fold if board pairs on turn.Mark
Another jack doesn't suck for the hero.
Board: Jh 7c 3h JcDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	37.576%	  30.61% 	06.97% 			   202 		   46.00   { 9h7h }Hand 1: 	62.424%	  55.45% 	06.97% 			   366 		   46.00   { 77, 33, J7s, Th8h, 73s, J7o, 73o }

I'm pretty much in agreement with the shovelAlthough sometimes I just call behind on the flop which is a tad weak but will control the pot.

he could very well be making 600 more right there on the flop because he doesnt want to see anymore cards with his AJ or KJ. That is a tough one but for me It would totally depend on what feel I had for the guy.

I gotta find some hands that are more interesting from my own perspective, but lately the pots that I have been playing have been rather straight forward from my standpoint, but fairly interesting if you're sitting in the villain's shoes.
i think that means you're playing well