hey, i'm just curious as to what everyone here thinks about calling it quits. For example, you are supposed to work 5 hours a day and on average make 350 bucks. You start your day and play for half an hour, play well and go on a sick rush and you win 1k. Is it bad to call it quits? I personally do quit in situations like this and go out and enjoy myself. I've read multiple times that it's bad to leave a session when you're winning but I really don't see the disadvantages. You already trippled your expected return for the day in 1/10 of the hours you're supposed to work. Why is it bad to take it ez for the day and relax? This might be different for recreational players since they don't have planned schedules for playing.

hey, i'm just curious as to what everyone here thinks about calling it quits. For example, you are supposed to work 5 hours a day and on average make 350 bucks. You start your day and play for half an hour, play well and go on a sick rush and you win 1k. Is it bad to call it quits? I personally do quit in situations like this and go out and enjoy myself. I've read multiple times that it's bad to leave a session when you're winning but I really don't see the disadvantages. You already trippled your expected return for the day in 1/10 of the hours you're supposed to work. Why is it bad to take it ez for the day and relax? This might be different for recreational players since they don't have planned schedules for playing.
It's all one big session.

I believe Daniel or someone said... play as long as you feel you're playing well. If you win that 1k in 30 minutes, then start donking it off, maybe it's time to quit.

In my situation, I play mostly live. I usually plan on playing at least 4 hours and depending on my table and how im running base it off that. I play 2-5 with a max of 300 and there will be a few guys sitting with over 1500 so if I get a stack I am going to try and go after theres for a little bit if I know that they are horrible. So to answer your question I would set a certain amount of time to play each day then also a max on buy-ins you could lose then if your running good one day and the table isnt all that good, take the day off and go sit by the pool

I think you should call it quits here, again.No one likes an indian giver, and giving us your absence was such a nice gift, you should consider doing it again.

I think you should call it quits here, again.No one likes an indian giver, and giving us your absence was such a nice gift, you should consider doing it again.
first off, i don't know who you are and don't really give a ****. Second of all, how am i an indian giver? GTFO
first off, i don't know who you are and don't really give a ****. Second of all, how am i an indian giver? GTFO
You gave us the wonderful gift of your absence, then you came crawling back.Am I wrong?You don't really have a reason to know me, and I don't expect you to care. I'm humble and all that.But, Your Retarded.
You gave us the wonderful gift of your absence, then you came crawling back.Am I wrong?You don't really have a reason to know me, and I don't expect you to care. I'm humble and all that.But, Your Retarded.
are you gonna back up your claims or are you done? what are you? 10 years old? get a life dude. i'd love to see you in real life and i bet you wouldn't have the balls to tell me i'm retarded in real life. You're probably just a computer nerd which explains why you have so many posts. oh wait..that makes you cool in a poker forum. right?

The beef is cookin*also, to answer OP's question.I have no rules/limits/times that I play. I guess I usually play until I have to go do something else, or I play until my table breaks. Or until I know I'm playing horrible.

are you gonna back up your claims or are you done? what are you? 10 years old? get a life dude. i'd love to see you in real life and i bet you wouldn't have the balls to tell me i'm retarded in real life. You're probably just a computer nerd which explains why you have so many posts. oh wait..that makes you cool in a poker forum. right?
There isn't really much to back up. You used to post under GABMAD, and you went out of your way to flame people, and didn't bring anything remotely positive to this forum.In your "I'm quitting" thread, you berate most of the veterans here, and the mods for enforcing rules that you called stupid.
honestly...get a bigger sample size...i can wipe my *** with your stats because they mean nothing.
What's your BR and what stakes do you play if you dont mind, because I think I deserve to get an award for most careful bankroll management.
Do I need to go on?FWIW, 3k posts in more than two years isn't that many, compared to lots of people around here. I'm sure we feel the same way, but you're the last person here that I need to validate myself to.Good luck.
There isn't really much to back up. You used to post under GABMAD, and you went out of your way to flame people, and didn't bring anything remotely positive to this forum.In your "I'm quitting" thread, you berate most of the veterans here, and the mods for enforcing rules that you called stupid. Do I need to go on?
should i stop being straight forward with my opinion? am i too honest? didn't know being honest was a bad thing. What are you? the forum police? oh wait, i forgot you live at this forum...honestly...you have nothing better to do but try to piss ppl off in a poker forum who don't even know who you are? You're a complete joke...are all your posts this useless and thoughtless? pleaes explain to me how you contribute to the forum? what's your SN btw...i wanna check if your opinion is actually worth anything? I'd be willing to bet that you play 20> buy ins which makes you a nobody in my books. Oh wait, should i not be this honest? Oh, and what's wrong with using careful bankroll management? how is that even relevant? man you're running out of things to say. Me saying "i use careful bankrol management' makes me useless? I think what determines whether someone is useful or useless in the forum is how good a player that someone is...and i think i would be willing to challenge you to a 100 or 200 HU sng or cash game...what do you say Jeepster?
should i stop being straight forward with my opinion? am i too honest? didn't know being honest was a bad thing. What are you? the forum police? oh wait, i forgot you live at this forum...honestly...you have nothing better to do but try to piss ppl off in a poker forum who don't even know who you are? You're a complete joke...are all your posts this useless and thoughtless? pleaes explain to me how you contribute to the forum? what's your SN btw...i wanna check if your opinion is actually worth anything? I'd be willing to bet that you play 20> buy ins which makes you a nobody in my books. Oh wait, should i not be this honest? Oh, and what's wrong with using careful bankroll management? how is that even relevant? man you're running out of things to say. Me saying "i use careful bankrol management' makes me useless? I think what determines whether someone is useful or useless in the forum is how good a player that someone is...and i think i would be willing to challenge you to a 100 or 200 HU sng or cash game...what do you say Jeepster?
lol. You're cute.
How come nobody ever seems to get the jopke?
That's what makes it so damn funny, that it goes right over the head of most people whom it's directed at.

OP:you're better off limiting your sessions based on how long you can retain focus than results or time at the tables. i've gone through month-long periods where i can play optimally for 17 hours a day, and some where i can only play 2-3. just make sure you're honest with yourself about how well you're tuned into the game you're playing--far too many players are far too good at kidding themselves about how well they're playing at any given time. try to check in with yourself every few hours and ask yourself if you're playing your best. if you are and you want to keep playing, do so. if either of those things isn't the case, go ahead and call it quits for a while. the game will be waiting for you when you're ready to play again.