2nd hand of a 10 person SNG, blinds are 10/15im one off the button, dealt AKc, one limper behind meI raise to 75button folds, SB calls, limper callsflop comes AhAd5slimper checks, im upwhat do you do?ill post the result after some replies

Bet half the pot. A check screams "I have the A" and a pot-sized bet will likely make him throw away his hand if he has nothing. Bet half the pot and see what the turn brings.

well heres how it went . . . i bet the pot about 240SB calls, limper raises all in, at this point were all @ 800 in chipsi go in the tank, i put him on Ax, and call, SB callslimper shows 55, SB AKout on the second hand, it still feels like the right call w/ AK, but a bad result

Man I actually thought you were gonna win.I expected a post like "Well I bet and they called with nothing and I won a nice pot." Never in a million years would I have thought you would wind up losing this hand. Man, keep the good posts rolling! :-)

half the pot??? what is that? bet the pot or check - quickly though either way longer you wait more suspicious you is.
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard, online betting speeds are useless
USELESS???? I can get a lot of information from someone based on how long they wait to make a bet. Most valuable information I can think of.
half the pot??? what is that? bet the pot or check - quickly though either way longer you wait more suspicious you is.
USELESS???? I can get a lot of information from someone based on how long they wait to make a bet. Most valuable information I can think of.
or their internet connection is slow, the site is lagging, multi-tabling, it's as useless as "play poker like the pro's"
Man I actually thought you were gonna win.I expected a post like "Well I bet and they called with nothing and I won a nice pot." Never in a million years would I have thought you would wind up losing this hand. Man, keep the good posts rolling! :-)
agree with you man, that took a crazy twist. I was heading down the right field line and BAMMMMMMMMM misdirection. My heads still spinnin
or their internet connection is slow, the site is lagging, multi-tabling, it's as useless as "play poker like the pro's"
Damn man, I didnt' say it's a factor every hand. But when you know a player isn't lagging or multi-tasking, it's information. Don't be such a rockhead. Play Poker Like the Pros has strategies in it that you haven't mastered so zip it on that too.

Damn man, I didnt' say it's a factor every hand. But when you know a player isn't lagging or multi-tasking, it's information.Glad you can cyber read to find out about the other players internet connection and whether or not they are jerking off. Don't be such a rockhead. don't advertise that damn book in every other post you makePlay Poker Like the Pros has strategies in it that you haven't mastered so zip it on that too.no one that plays poker has mastered anything, people excel in different parts of the game but there isn't anyone that has mastered this game

You can't just make generalizations about how long it takes someone to bet, but if you watch a certain player he MAY have certain tendencies ie waiting until the time is almost up, then raising when he has a monster...Shock

I've been playing cards (spades) online for about 6 years, so maybe I've developed that skill easier than you.I plug Phil's book because I believe it is valuable and I have to make sure you understand that, the more you fight it the more I will talk about it.no one that plays poker has mastered anything, people excel in different parts of the game but there isn't anyone that has mastered this game lol you a silly rockhead man, that's what you are... yes you are, ohh yes you are :club:

You can't just make generalizations about how long it takes someone to bet, but if you watch a certain player he MAY have certain tendencies ie waiting until the time is almost up, then raising when he has a monster...Shock
Yes you can man, I've had it down to where I'm pretty sure I had their entire thought process down from the beginning of their turn to the time they bet, and even a little after if I nail it so cold.

You can't just make generalizations about how long it takes someone to bet, but if you watch a certain player he MAY have certain tendencies ie waiting until the time is almost up, then raising when he has a monster... he may have certain tendencies, he may be jerking off, the site might be lagging, he maybe using it as a reverse tell, it's useless

I've been playing cards (spades) online for about 6 years, so maybe I've developed that skill easier than you. online betting speed as a tell is uselessI plug Phil's book because I believe it is valuable and I have to make sure you understand that, the more you fight it the more I will talk about it. the book sucks, it really does, my left nut knows more about poker than that damn book. the book sucks, get it through your thick wisconsin skullno one that plays poker has mastered anything, people excel in different parts of the game but there isn't anyone that has mastered this game lol you a silly rockhead man, that's what you are... yes you are, ohh yes you are ask any of the "pro's" including your damn hero hellmuth if he thinks he has mastered this game then you donk

I can't believe you're a forum veteran and you post this close minded bs.I said there are strategies in Phil's book you haven't mastered yet. You are lucky I'm still posting back to you with your comprehension skills. This is really a waste of time. Raising on the flop, to see where you are at in the hand so you can make better decisions on the turn and river is a strategy that can be mastered. Which is ONE strategy in the book you MAY not have mastered. There are many others in the book man.

I can't believe you're a forum veteran and you post this close minded bs.
no arguement this time? or are you looking through your poker bible to ask the master? your arguements are useless and have more holes than a siv you fucking donk