Gorilla Vs Shark

Off the beaten path Friday topic.Years ago I remember being stoned with some friends and argued over this all night. I think we settled on doing it in a large swimming pool with like 3 or 4 feet of water like a cage match. Who would you take and why?Gorilla2-Roaring.jpgGreatWhiteShark2.jpg

Believe it or not, there is a VERY long thread about this with incredibly (surprisingly) insightful discussion. If I recall I even released animal brackets and we started to argue who would advance and win the whole bracket...

Adam, you need better weed then.Ha, a blast from the past reading the other thread. Hobbes Find Member's Posts Wednesday, May 31st, 2006, 12:30 PM Post #55 Hard at workGroup: MembersPosts: 5,472Joined: October 27th, 2005Member No.: 10,542 QUOTE(screech @ Wednesday, May 31st, 2006, 1:24 PM) For the whale v shark match, it is highly dependent on what kind of whale it is. A killer whale destroy a great white, but a great white would kill just about any other whale.I was on a whale watching excursion once when we saw a killer whale and a great white in the same vicinity. Apparently the shark got too close to the whale's baby and the momma whale went after it. The fight was over with one big chomp.(Disclaimer: I wasn't actually on that excursion; I saw it on the news. It sounds better if I was though.)

Humberto vs Tiffany Williamson....tough decision....

For a great white to be able to move around I imagine that the water would have to be at least five or six feet deep minimum, in which case the gorilla would stand absolutely no chance whatsoever. Even if somehow the shark could move in three feet of water the gorilla would get owned. There's no debate here. If you want a good fight you've got to match up animals that can fight equally on the same turf.

It depends on the shark and the environment in which they are fighting. A great white in several feet of water, and the gorilla has no shot. A nurse shark in one foot and the gorilla will win. We need to be more specific here.

A water animal that wasn't mentioned too much in the original thread is the hippo. Hippos are ****ing nasty viscious animals that would make it far I think.

A water animal that wasn't mentioned in the original thread too much is the hippo. Hippos are ****ing nasty viscious animals that would make it far I think.
True story. Maybe a hippo vs. a great white shark in six feet of water. Now you have yourself a fight. Hippos do not play around.
True story. Maybe a hippo vs. a great white shark in six feet of water. Now you have yourself a fight. Hippos do not play around.
I think a hippo and a gorilla in a cage match might be a good one. Even if the gorilla climbs, that hippos mouth is going to be open the whole time. Also, you could make the cage only ~7 feet tall.
For a great white to be able to move around I imagine that the water would have to be at least five or six feet deep minimum, in which case the gorilla would stand absolutely no chance whatsoever. Even if somehow the shark could move in three feet of water the gorilla would get owned. There's no debate here. If you want a good fight you've got to match up animals that can fight equally on the same turf.
It depends on the shark and the environment in which they are fighting. A great white in several feet of water, and the gorilla has no shot. A nurse shark in one foot and the gorilla will win. We need to be more specific here.
I'm thinking we give the Gorilla some of those floatie things for his arms.
I think a hippo and a gorilla in a cage match might be a good one. Even if the gorilla climbs, that hippos mouth is going to be open the whole time. Also, you could make the cage only ~7 feet tall.
I don't think that would even be a challenge. The hippo would tear a gorilla apart. No question.
I don't think that would even be a challenge. The hippo would tear a gorilla apart. No question.
I've heard the T-Rex was quoted once as saying the only animal he fears is the hippo.
Utah!! Get me 2!!
Gary Busey FTW!Lori Petty was so sexy in that movie.

if the gorilla was smart enough to go straight for eye gouging or just stuck to fighting dirty and didnt try to get fancy i think there arent many animals on the planet that could compete with it on any platform that includes the shark in water. its nimbleness combined with its power would be hard to stop. Its easy to talk ****, until a gorilla pokes your eyes out.

if the gorilla was smart enough to go straight for eye gouging or just stuck to fighting dirty and didnt try to get fancy i think there arent many animals on the planet that could compete with it on any platform that includes the shark in water. its nimbleness combined with its power would be hard to stop. Its easy to talk ****, until a gorilla pokes your eyes out.
Hahahaha!Im laughing way too hard at the bolded part. I think thats gonna be my new phrase everytime someone talks **** on Pokerstars.

sharks dont have bone they are all cartilage so they cannot be broken which gorilla would attempt so advantage shark, and Shark has bad *** teeth and the fight would have to be in water which makes gorilla out of his element/argument