Sorry i can't help you OP as i only play the turbos, but isn't 50 buy-ins pretty freaking deep? I mean I am no sng genius, but if I dropped 50 buy-ins I would probably quit playing poker. That seems excessive for any level sng to me. Are you just saying that is where you feel comfortable or is that pretty standard? Serious question there.

My advice to you is don't play them, They are too fast and takes a lot of the skill out of poker. I'm not saying you can't profit from them. I guess if you are terrible after the flop you could play these and the might be more profitable but if you know how to play poker I reccomend just regular Sng's

for right now im just experimenting back and forth with them. I understand they aren't real poker but they are definately profitable. I have been maintaing about a 20 percent roi for regualr sitngos and i'm just seeing which one will give me a better return per hour.and the reason i play 50 deep is because i 8 table sitngos. If i'm playing badly at any given time i'm probably playing bad with 8 buy ins so i like the extra cushion of 50.ish

I guess if your 8 tabling there is nothing wrong with 50 buy ins. There are some sites that say you should have 50 anyway. That may be a little high, but there is nothing wrong with being safe and not wanting to lose your bankroll.

i was wondering what you guys think would be an appropriate amount of buy ins for turbos when i feel comfortable with 50 buyins for regular sitngosish
50 is a pretty reasonable bankroll for turbo sngs and I disagree with the post that says there is little skill but if you can learn the correct push/fold and math for when then blinds get large you can have a sustainable roi and a definate edge...gl

personally, i don't play them....i find they don't give you enough time to compensate for a bad run of cards. (and when you see 8-3 os as often as i do...) Also, i wouldn't recommend more than 2-3 tables at a time at least on stars, especially turbos, i hate the way the new screen pushes open and you end up calling something or folding something without realizing its gone to a different table. But whatever your decision...gl

I've been running the 36+3 and the 72+6 6 person max turbo's and they are donkalicious. Just play tight untill the 50-100 mark and get a feeling for the table and than try to steamroll the table. They just don't know what is hitting them most of the time.And yes, the variance can be major so 50 Buy-inns will be a good amount to start with.Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.Jan

i play on fulltilt and i have no overlay with 8 tables so misclicking isnt a problem. so the common consensus is 50 should be fine then. Like i said just an experiment i'm gonna tryand yes i agree the turbos seem a lot softer and a lot of people willing to gamble big time earlyish