I am at the end of a 9 hour session. I would've ended hours ago if not for one table (5/10NL CAP) in which there is a huge fish. I've been playing shorthanded (anywhere from 5-3 people) with him for hours. I have about 1,400 hands with him now (half from this session alone) and he is running at an incredibly donkish 70/32/3. The best part? Over 1,400 hands he is 50.79BB/100 winner and is up $4,825 dollars. This isn't simply about 5 buy ins . It is more like 15 because CAP means the max you can invest on a hand is 30BB (300 dollars). I cant crack him though and am about breakeven against him. He has gotten incredibly lucky and plays any two cards. He is very aggressive but always seems to look people up at the right times. I am having a hard time believing he is up so much over 1,400 hands. I know this isnt a big sample but still, aren't these the type of players who crash and burn within minutes? I just want to know how long can he keep racking up the money before he'll finally crumble. Anyone run into a player like this?

I am at the end of a 9 hour session. I would've ended hours ago if not for one table (5/10NL CAP) in which there is a huge fish. I've been playing shorthanded (anywhere from 5-3 people) with him for hours. I have about 1,400 hands with him now (half from this session alone) and he is running at an incredibly donkish 70/32/3. The best part? Over 1,400 hands he is 50.79BB/100 winner and is up $4,825 dollars. This isn't simply about 5 buy ins . It is more like 15 because CAP means the max you can invest on a hand is 30BB (300 dollars). I cant crack him though and am about breakeven against him. He has gotten incredibly lucky and plays any two cards. He is very aggressive but always seems to look people up at the right times. I am having a hard time believing he is up so much over 1,400 hands. I know this isnt a big sample but still, aren't these the type of players who crash and burn within minutes? I just want to know how long can he keep racking up the money before he'll finally crumble. Anyone run into a player like this?
I have kept it up for over a million hands now... :club: His luck will run out... it is most likely it will run out soon, the longer it runs the less likely it will be.... what else can I say..

I played in a live game at The Venetian before, 5/10 NL (no cap on betting or buyin) and there was this guy who literally won like 50% of the hands for the 6 hours that I was at the table with him. They weren't small pots and he showed up with a monster almost everytime, whether it was J8o or AA. I think he ran his intial $1500 buyin up to like $13,000 in that 6 hours. It was the most disgusting thing that I have ever seen.

I played in a live game at The Venetian before, 5/10 NL (no cap on betting or buyin) and there was this guy who literally won like 50% of the hands for the 6 hours that I was at the table with him. They weren't small pots and he showed up with a monster almost everytime, whether it was J8o or AA. I think he ran his intial $1500 buyin up to like $13,000 in that 6 hours. It was the most disgusting thing that I have ever seen.
This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.disgusting.jpg
This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.disgusting.jpg
You copy that from your desktop wallpaper?The one on the right looks hot by comparason. NOT.
You copy that from your desktop wallpaper?The one on the right looks hot by comparason. NOT.
Wallpaper....Heck no, that's from last year's Florida vacation.
We've all seen "that guy." I don't know what you can do about it, other than get your money in good against them. I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't find that spot. Besides, the only player we should worry about it ourselves. Outplay whoever is in front of us in each hand and go from there.
We've all seen "that guy." I don't know what you can do about it, other than get your money in good against them. I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't find that spot. Besides, the only player we should worry about it ourselves. Outplay whoever is in front of us in each hand and go from there.
I've seen "that guy" plenty of times. I've just never seen someone avoid going broke playing in such a manner for such a long time. Anyone playing at those numbers usually goes broke within 100 hands or so. Instead, this guy not just profitted but he THRIVED. 60BB/100 over 1500 hands at those numbers is astounding. Such a huge heater.

It shows how important it is to be patient. Against super maniacs though, I like to see as many cheap flops as possible. Maniacs suck post flop. If the dude plays well after the flop, then he's not a donk; he's just a sick cash game player. Don't judge a man's ability on his preflop play...ps. since the new server has come up, I've noticed a HUGE increase in the number of interesting and relevant-to-poker strategy posts. Anyone else notice this?

It shows how important it is to be patient. Against super maniacs though, I like to see as many cheap flops as possible. Maniacs suck post flop. If the dude plays well after the flop, then he's not a donk; he's just a sick cash game player. Don't judge a man's ability on his preflop play...ps. since the new server has come up, I've noticed a HUGE increase in the number of interesting and relevant-to-poker strategy posts. Anyone else notice this?
Sorry but if you're playing 70 percent of hands and your opponents adjust accordingly, you will not be a winner in the long run no matter how good your postflop play is.Also, his postflop play isn't great, just a bit unpredictable. He's back at my table now. On a brighter note, I actually won a few hands against him and I will probably have acquired somewhere in the neighborhood of 7,000 FTP points today alone by the time I am done playing....
Sorry but if you're playing 70 percent of hands and your opponents adjust accordingly, you will not be a winner in the long run no matter how good your postflop play is.Also, his postflop play isn't great, just a bit unpredictable. He's back at my table now. On a brighter note, I actually won a few hands against him and I will probably have acquired somewhere in the neighborhood of 7,000 FTP points today alone by the time I am done playing....
You are playing very short-handed though. Those numbers aren't outrageous for a LAG player at a 3-5 person table.
You are playing very short-handed though. Those numbers aren't outrageous for a LAG player at a 3-5 person table.
Yea, but I mentioned only about half of my logged hands with him were from current session so I'm assuming the other 700 hands or so were normal 6 handed.

Sounds like a wicked upswing. Think about it this way. If you're breakeven against him, but he's insanely up (which he is) - he's getting money, just not YOUR money. He's just holding the other players money for you until you "feel it" so to speak. I like a sample of at least 10k hands/200 table hours before I figure out if I am (or anybody else is) winning/losing a particular game. I say keep tracking him down and grinding till you get some good snaps.

The 30BB cap at 5-10NL sounds gross as is.and him being up that much is proof that he's nothing but luck. i'm surprised there isnt 6 players to every flop
With him at the table it almost became that. People began doing crazy things just to isloate him. He began min raising every hand so people began limp/raising or limp/pushing with hands like A10 and AJ. It was really amazing how this guy changed the table dynamics single handedly.